wazua Mon, Jul 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

This community is made up of a bunch of hypocrites
muganda
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:16:59 PM

@All, Abortion debate shows we are a nation of hypocrites! So writes Rasna Warah, a 47-year old hypocrite of Indian origin. In my capacity as a genuine hypocrite, I agree with most of what she said on page 1 of her article only.

Excerpt:
I have often wondered why the dead are more revered than the living in Kenya and why the unborn are valued more than those that are alive.

Why should a funeral be the biggest event in a person’s life and not his birth? What hypocrisy allows us to hold feasts at funerals, even knowing that the deceased left a wife and children in abject poverty?

We worship the unborn foetus but not the woman who bears it for nine months. And when the child is born, we worry less about her future than about whether she was baptised or circumcised according to religious or ethnic edicts.

We go to church on Sunday and then steal from innocent Kenyans the rest of the week. We loudly profess our love and loyalty to Jesus, Allah, Ram, Krishna, Ngai, the Virgin Mary, Buddha ,or Guru Nanak and then treat our fellow citizens with disdain.

We pray before meetings and then pass decisions that are not in the interest of all of humanity but only in the interest of those gathered at the meeting.

We are, in essence, a nation of hypocrites.

And no other group takes the cake for hypocrisy than our religious leaders. That is why at a time when the country has one opportunity to unite to heal the wounds of the past, church leaders are gathering their flock to break this unity and create doubt in a constitution that cost several hundred lives and millions of shillings to draft.

Why?

Because they believe that if a constitution allows it, every pregnant woman in Kenya will run to a clinic and demand an abortion.

Well, this may be news to the clergy, but abortion is more widespread than they would like to believe — with or without a constitution that sanctions it.

Many studies have shown that girls, particularly those in city slums, resort to abortion when faced with an unwanted pregnancy.

Girls all over the country are procuring illegal, unsafe, and unhygienic abortions in back-street clinics through untrained abortionists who use the most crude methods to get rid of foetuses.

Those who don’t die from these procedures end up in the emergency wards of public hospitals, where doctors clean the uterus and try to save the girls’ lives.

In other words, abortion will occur in this country whether we like it or not, or whether or not it is legalised.

THESE WOMEN AND GIRLS ARE NOT evil.

Nation Article link
callaspade
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:40:14 PM

...what Rasna implied is that since she is not a hypochrite... we should steal but not steal too much since people steal anyway?
...so in her small mind, the draft should read....... stealing is an offence in Kenya,not unless it is very necessary with sufficient truth being given by a Kenyan policeman...d'oh!
masukuma
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:40:57 PM

so...who speaks for the unborn that is yanked from the comfort of their mother's womb? were they consulted? what right does a person who has lived their live have to terminate the life of the unborn? corruption, theft, murder are wide spread. hey why don't we just accept that and move on? In other words, corruption, theft, murder will occur in this country whether we like it or not, or whether or not they are legalized.
Abortion is a symptom!!! the cause are our values!!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
muganda
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:59:45 PM

@callaspade @masukuma, your arguments are correct; but her argument is we've hardened our hearts. See two examples from the bible, the law is very clear but what we extend to our brother is what's in our heart. What a coincidence that in both cases the men's actions were to a woman's detriment.

Mark 10:15 "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?"
They said, "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away."
"It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law"

John 8:4 "They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned:"
"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

masukuma
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:10:01 PM

@muganda, just ask a chokora if they would have wished to have been aborted.
i would actually prefer for the child to be born and then left in a church or a police station e.t.c. if they cannot be raised. they will survive. i cannot accept it!!
alma
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:16:46 PM

The trend on this forum is taking another turn and its a bit worrying.

Just read through a few posts and I personally find offence in the anti-muslim, hate women and if you are not saved you will burn topics poping up on wazua.

It reminds me of the anti odm and anti pnu topics that led to the death of mashada.....

It is ok to voice opinion but some of these are turning out to be going just too far.

I may be alone in this but I suggest topics be kept to the facts rather than the moral religious undertones that some of the forum posters are taking.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
muganda
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:22:26 PM

@alma, thank you for your time-out sentiments
@masukuma, I admire your conviction. Are you male? I believe showing more love and understanding actually reduces the rate of abortion.

Hardening our hearts has unintended consequences for example,
-Rwanda is 94% christian yet in 100 days 1 million people killed; what percentage are children?
-Bush a Republican has very clear views on abortion yet in Iraq war over 1 million casulties so far; what percentage are children?
masukuma
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:36:11 PM

i will not attempt to talk on behalf of numerical Christians in Rwanda or Kenya nor will i dare attempt to talk on behalf of Bush... I speak for myself.
yes i am a male enjoying my chance to live on planet earth!!
A VOICE FOR THE UNBORN!!
alma
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:06:13 PM

Masukuma I find it utterly disgusting to see some of your comments.

I have a personal history with people like you. Those who believe that if someone is not like them, then they are evil and should be destroyed. That is not the Kenya my parents brought me up in.

The issues that the clergy have raised are important to them and their constituency. The issues the military have raised are important to them and their constituencies. The issues that the Ruto group is raising are important to them....et all.

It does not mean that they are evil people to come up with those issues. Neither does it mean that those against these ideas are evil either. Following in the footsteps of the starehe Mpig who had the audacity to say that those who vote YES are not Godly is very childish, silly, unafrican and totally unchristian.

I lived in a country where religious freedoms were protected. Once 911 occured, all muslims and those dark looking people like me had a very rough time.

One of my kids was being called an illegal alien when he'd been born in that country. His siblings were considered ok because they were a bit white.Just because he was dark, he was hated.

My muslim neighbour had to endure a life of being searched in every airport even though he was a white guy born in that country.

All because of some "men of God" who labelled everyone who was not saved, and white an evil person.

That is not the Kenya I want.

Masukuma, I am sorry but you are not a woman either. You have no idea what a woman goes through during pregnancy. So you are technically never going to "speak" for any unborn babies.

I would suggest that you keep this important discussion sober and to the point. There is no need for you to tell us that you hate muslims. That is apparent.

However, I do not wish to be associated with a Kenyan forum that is allowing hate speech of any kind.

I have not decided how I will vote. But keep on posting Masukuma, you are scaring us more than any muslim brother can ever hope to.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
masukuma
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:17:28 PM

@alma, I never expected my opinions or convictions to be accepted by all nor are my opinions and convictions democratic and thus i do not in any way wish to win you over to my way of thinking to make me feel better.
I will continue to speak for the Voiceless whether or not you or anyone else is listening.

PS. Need i ask, where is the hate in my speech?
bird_man
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:22:20 PM

This site should be re-named.....Mashada.com would do!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
masukuma
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:32:58 PM

statements such as "Church leaders: Go to hell!!!" are the hate speech!!
wazua
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:47:39 PM

Dear Members,

We believe Wazua can express diverse opinions respectfully. If emotions override restraint as relates to our ongoing constitutional debates, we will have no option but to intervene.

Welcome to Wazua
the sage
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:24:32 AM

@ Wazua, I agree, live and let live.
aemathenge
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 7:10:50 AM

@Alma,
You are sunshine on a cold rainy day,
The voice of sanity in an a mad house,
The sugar in my honey,
Your command of the english language is a pleasure to behold.

@Alma,
Such is the profound pity that you and your elk do not sit in the Justice and Truth Commission, all such a lofty outfit.

I was begining to lose faith in Wazua land. Thank you for showing that in the bedlam that Kenya is becoming, we do have people who are willing and able to stand up and clearly say "stop this maddness".

You have made my day.

May the Lord Almighty, whoever you passive Him to be, pour abundant blessings into your world and upon those that you love and care for.
masukuma
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 7:51:04 AM

We live in a world where people are just too scared to stand up for what they believe in. too willing to hold hands and singing 'Kumbayah', ignorant of the real world we live in and there by playing right into the court of their enemies.
For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.
The clamor for political correctness is seeping through our veins. But there will be a few who will peddle the stinging message of things gone bad and will not be cowed by the Juggernaut of intolerance to their speech.
believe it or not we are all not FRIENDS.
poundfoolish
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:23:28 AM

Masukuma..

lets take a hypothetical situation. cos i really need to understand you.
Lets say the draft constituition does pass..
1. Please align the steps you are going to make including literature you will use to convince kenyans this constitution is bad.
2.What steps are you going to take after lets say the country votes YES
3. would you term yourself a radical for christianity/Christ.

What am simply asking is...are you ready to fight and die for what you believe in?..and i mean only, in the context of this discussion and the draft constitution
Jangwa la Jangili
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:58:59 AM

Two terms that often confuse us:

1. Freedom of Speech -
"The right, guaranteed by the Constitution, to communicate ideas and opinions without government intervention."

You have a right to hold and freely express an opinion contrary to mine.

2. Hate Speech
"Speech not protected by the Constitution, because it is intended to foster hatred against individuals or groups based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, place of national origin, or other improper classification."

Thus, the argument against Kadhi's courts in itself is NOT hate speech. It is the REASON why someone is against the courts that would make it hate speech or intolerance.

E.g. (and without dwelling on the merits/demerits of the arguments themselves) if I say Kadhi's courts are inappropriate because this elevates one religion above the rest, that is NOT hate speech.

But if I say Kadhi's courts are part of a wider scheme by the Muslims to introduce Sharia Law nationwide (beheading, amputations, stoning etc), that may border on hate speech.

Invoking the right to freedom of speech/expression can and is often abused. But so is use of the term intolerance and hate speech in silencing unpopular opinions.

Granted the line marking intolerance territory is often very grey. But there is no need for people to get all rabid in their positions for or against. After all, you only have one vote and you will either vote YES or NO. Wacha debe iamue.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Fundaah
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:09:23 AM

Masukuma

Matthew 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore