wazua Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Seats/Benches in the banking hall
gaza
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:02:09 PM

Well, in as much as banks want to give an image of efficiency and fast service to their clients, it is worthy to note that in reality people end up queuing for hours to get these services. If a particular branch/bank makes my life easier (besides the other obvious benefits)while am doing my banking, why should i waste myself standing for two hours in others. This will definately attract more transactions, more deposits for the branch and of course when a customer is less tired, he percieves a faster and efficient service. food for thought.
current
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:54:32 PM

I agree totally.
aemathenge
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:11:42 PM

simonkabz
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:32:47 PM

EB would have to hire every adjacent hall
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Intelligentsia
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:36:39 PM

Guys I disagree kabisa. Next you will ask for a cafe/restaurant as u wait and then washrooms.
Why do u queue for 2 hrs? Because the queue is long.
Why is the Q long? Because there are few tellers or they are slow. So the solution is for the bank to get additional tellers, or if system downtime is long, to invest in a better ICT platform.
Make noise to the bank about this!
If this fails, do what Johnnie Walker does best: Keep Walking. Until u find a bank that doesn't waste your life on Qs. Au sio?

BTW, there are many banks where a teller is required to serve you in 3 min or less if all i in order, no more.
centerbolt
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:06:14 PM

@intelligensia you are truly intelligent! Applause
aemathenge
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:09:48 PM

If your environment is Nairobery, or Ferry city or some such big town, then you do indeed have the luxury of literally taking a walk.

But think about us in the "usha" we only have "Muiganania" and we love it. The next bank is about thirty two kilometres away, another "Muiganania" branch. I am not going to "walk" that long to do my banking.

Wazuans, could you be so kind next time you post and consider that not all of us live and work in the "metropolitan".

Just a thought, just a thought.
se7en
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:59:03 PM

I presume that is why they put mirrors all over the place? neat little trick, you keep looking yourself over and looking at other peoples nguo's, shoes, hair, weaves... till you realise heh! nimengoja sana!

On another note, if the people in the control rooms EVER put CCTVs in lifts with mirrors... wolololo!!!
speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far... Theodore Roosevelt
gaza
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:16:59 AM

@Intellingentsia, these banks are very aware of that but the costs of doing this is prohibitive and tht's why you must queue. (..and btw can you say the same about our hospitals?)you can not do away with the queue completely and that is why i would recommend they just put some comfort in the halls,after all this is just a sunk cost.
@simonkabz, you're very right...some of their branches are very congested and the members are countless...but for the few inside it will be something to look forward to.
Btw does it mean there is no bank in the world that has seats?
Intelligentsia
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:10:29 AM

@ gaza...Hospitals call their customers Patients, because u r expected to be...patient! Yaani a good patient is patient tihiii.

@se7en...mirrors in lobbies, interiors of buildings are installed to create the illusion of additional or lots of space. Creating the impression of additional space than is ootherwise the case is a great trick that all interior designers use all the time,

@mahegoat...I thought Kerugoya had more than muiganania? If not thats a business idea staring at you in the face!
tonicasert
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:44:38 AM

@gaza.
Stanchart has seats in other countries - u pick a ticket, sit n wait for ur turn. But this system can only work where the numbers are manageable, not like EB queues.
aemathenge
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:55:12 AM

Oh yes @Intel. KCB, Barclays, Co-operative, Krep, Kenya Women, the works.

I am talking about Kagio. We do Kerugoya once a week when we have to "thoko" or have to seek services of the "Diithii".