wazua Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Zuku
chepkel
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:06:52 AM

Who has had a chance to use Zuku??? Please share on your experience
kativui
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:09:09 AM

Hi, i have been using ZUKU for the last one year and its great. Their customer service has improved greatly. give it a try. you wont regret
kizee
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:41:54 AM

im pretty dissatisfied..my liknk has issues that have never been resolved despite the fact that zuku sent an engineer to my place...i will be shifting loyalties in 2 months to kdn just waiting for them to set up a bts near my place...
chepkel
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:55:52 AM

Where are their head offices????
Jump-steady
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:32:12 AM

@ chepkel!

Save yourself unnecessary heartache. Avoid Zuku like the plague.

Our office is in upperhill and we applied for connection to their broadband service. But after parting with close to 18k, the cat&mouse game began whereby they gave varied reasons for their not coming to connect us. Finally when they came to connect us, they told us that our area had no signal and therefore we cannot be connected - they blamed the tall buildings for blocking their signal and especially Landmark Building for its deflective glassesSad

So, we asked for our money back. The cat&mouse game has yet to end 4months after paying - they've not refunded our money and they are still taking us round.

I fear Zuku might go the way of another Internet firm known as Popote - or are they related?

KulaRaha
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:38:01 PM

I thought this Zuku was part of Transcentury, the great visionaries in the railway business!!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
anasazi
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:48:37 PM

I gather when you get Zuku via fibre its good. Otherwise there is no righteous ISP.. not even one. Usually good when up but hell when down.
Form is temporary, class is permanent
muganda
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:53:08 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
I thought this Zuku was part of Transcentury, the great visionaries in the railway business!!

Presumption is often made but my understanding is they share James Gachui independently. Zuku though is affiliated to Wananchi Online

@Jump-steady smile
Agreed, what a case of fallen dreams Popote came to represent...
bird_man
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:05:43 PM

To avoid heartaches and headaches....do not accept any connection from an ISP if it is not through fiber.There are no excuses with fiber....ni kama mfereji tu...imagine if Nairobi Water was giving you water through wireless or mfereji-less water...you would be stressed all the time!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.