wazua Mon, Jul 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KENYANS, LISTEN TO THE MEN OF GOD, THEY HAVE A CASE
ali
#1 Posted : Friday, April 09, 2010 8:01:35 AM

Respect the men of God
Listen to them and stop condemning them
Let us not take this stand where we condemn everyone who disagrees with us.
if they were politicians, I would understand cos they would be fighting for their interests.
I have listened and these people have a case.
I have committed myself to listen to God, not to the media which is bludgeoning everyone to toe the line
Not the politicians who are warning us of violence as though God is not in charge.
Truth is, this katiba has some small issues that we need change then we adopt it. Is that sooo hard?
May God bless Kenya.
May the will of God and not the will of the majority prevail

For in him (Jesus) we live and move and have our being-Acts 17:28
sparkly
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:21:18 PM

@Ali unfortunately this katiba is no religious document.

The churches have their own constitutions and canon law.

Kenyans are crying out for a document that will emancipate them from the colonial and neo-colonial tragedy that is our current constitution.

This is no time for moral/ immoral debate.
Life is short. Live passionately.
murenj
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 2:05:08 PM

They have no case at all. The bible clearly states that there is a time when mankind will become more wicked. Anyone opposing pro abortion is merely fighting what God has ordained. How comes that most people who procure abortions are christians?
Euge
#4 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 8:10:42 AM

Ali. I am a christian. But I do not have a problem with Kadhis courts. Coz they apply ONLY if both parties are muslim and only for marriage, divorce and property. I will vote Yes.
Lord, thank you!
Jkwaititu
#5 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 6:59:07 PM

ati men of God? Why should we litsen to them? You seem to think that a "man of God" is he who has taken a few courses at the local seminary and currently makes a salary to stand on the pulpit and hubiri to pple.

I know what I want in my katiba...I don't need these self appointed fanatics to convince me their opinion. On judgement day, wengine watashangaa coz one is a man of God because of who he is in his heart, sio pulpit...ama theology school. Best believe!
masukuma
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:47:40 AM

haraka haraka haina baraka!! kenyans are too much in a hurry to pass this draft yet they fail to see patterns.
1963 - Kadhi's courts entrenched in the constitution within 10 miles of coast.
1967 - an Unlawful act of parliament extends it to the whole country.
2010 - the Kadhi's courts entrenched proper in the constitution.
future and i can bet this....they will ask for the coast and N.E province to extend the reach of this courts from matters of family ...blah blah..to what they had proposed during bomas- a parallel law system under the High court.
my friends please note the patterns.
Kwani what do the Muslims do in tanganyika that we share a coastline with? do they travel to Zanzibar to have their matters of 'marriage, divorce and property' adjudicated?
@sparky, yeah the katiba SHOULD not be a religious document, but if the only religion that renderers its head in it is Islam. then it is a marriage of Secularism and Islam. I put it to you, this KATIBA IS NOT A SECULAR DOCUMENT if at any point it segregates the office of a Kadhi (a PUBLIC OFFICE) by using religion yet in the same breath it say 'A person may not be denied access to any institution, employment or facility or the enjoyment of any right, for reasons of that person's religious beliefs.'
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
poundfoolish
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:24:18 PM

Masukuma. They will only demand more or even the whole Sheria law if and only if they have the numbers and xtians are a minority..

but then again at that point what can we, we will be defeated in a referendum, cos of numbers.
ProverB
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:23:50 PM

what is so critical we have to have a constitution right now whether it is dood or bad, complete or not, fully representative or not??
The clamour of No Constitution No peace was to get Moi OUT!!! and out He got.

Can't we do this constitution right?..why pass it yet we all agree it is somehow crippled?

The ammending after enactment is bullcrap and we know it!
I having nithing with Kadhies courts but what is so bad if they were established under an act of parliament? ..we'd do away with all this bickering!
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
masukuma
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:00:04 PM

@poundfoolish, they will do it northern Nigeria style. first push majimbo the say they are the majority in N.E and Coast provinces so why not have Sharia Law. At that time you guyz have killed your young ones legally and allowed every 8 year old of Somali origin found within the border to be a Kenyan citizen. Kenya will regret this move. these guyz r breeding and you r busy killing your children. how many muslim guyz of over 25 do you know are childless? connect the dots!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU
Fundaah
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:14:24 PM

My good friend Masukuma ...that is just propaganda..dont believe it ..stop the Phobia against the Draft.....All will be okay...

"Propaganda attempts to force a doctrine on the whole people. Propaganda works on the general public from the standpoint of an idea and makes them ripe for the victory of this idea." -Adolph Hitler

"Tell a lie enough times, and it becomes the truth".Joseph Goebbels
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
bkismat
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:42:18 PM

Comment: Goebbels is often credited with having a sharp intelligence, but his was an intelligence malformed by the cunning, cynicism and opportunism of a master propagandist. The creation and promulgation of propaganda was turned into an "art" in Goebbels' hands. He would have been quite capable of arguing that black was white, and of convincing his audience that it really was so, or at least implanting a germ of doubt. Some say that Goebbels never actually lied, just exaggerated the truth. But Goebbels embraced Hitler's theory that a big lie was often more credible than a smaller one.

The Third Reich has gone, but propaganda remains with us, influencing us daily in the press, on radio and television, and on the internet. The loaded messages from politicians, analysts, pundits, journalists, pollsters, economists, clerics, industry, commerce, unions, political parties, lobby groups, public relations firms - the whole propaganda diaspora - are not as integrated as in Goebbels' fascist state, but the effect is just as pernicious and misleading. But this is all just another message with a load.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
nanfor1
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:15:35 PM

ati Nigeria. Good grief. We really need to change our education system. Instead of reading history books, we go to kesha. aii.

bkismat...that was great.
Hata wakizima taa
masukuma
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:17:17 PM

..it may be propaganda, but think before you act. All the church is asking is for parliament - the house that can amend any law of the land. to amend the constitution review act 2008 to extend time and take the document back to parliament thus not risk throwing out the baby and the bath water. Voting NO!! is plan B if the first fails.
kingfisher
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:20:19 PM

i do not give a damn whether it is called kadhi courts or otherwise...I will vote NO as long as there is anything remotely making one religion superior over the other in the constitution; one community superior that the others in the constitution!!

@masukuma, I am with you in this. Tell these "hasters" to remember the saying "Give the Camel an inch and he'll take an ell"....The kadhi's got an inch at independence, they made it a kilometer in '67. Today (2010) they want a mile....tomorrow when they come calling again you know what they will be asking for.

Time to stop it is now!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Fundaah
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:24:53 PM

masukuma wrote:
... All the church is asking is for parliament - the house that can amend any law of the land. to amend the constitution review act 2008 to extend time and take the document back to parliament thus not risk throwing out the baby and the bath water. Voting NO!! is plan B if the first fails.

but can the Mps pass the ammendments in unison....You saw what happened to the 130 ammendments proposed by the Mps?....

Kenyans did not fight because of Kadhis court in 2007....the real problems we have in Kenya are political ...the draft tries to address these...Imagine going to 2012 elections without a new constitution.....@ Masukuma that is how desperately Kenyans deserve the draft...

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
nanfor1
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:36:08 PM

masukuma just vote No. Let the majority win. That is the constitution not another morality issue.
Hata wakizima taa
masukuma
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:05:21 PM

@nanfor1, touché..so stop complaining about the clergy!! they represent a constituency.
@Fundaa, you are just being optimistic - the fellows in Rift Valley who started the fight are not happy (for reasons best known to themselves). Bado tu watu watachapwa!!