wazua Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
THE INSENSITIVE DSTV
mwenza
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:01:15 AM

These guys are a con. The other day i got a mail indicating that from 1st April, my monthly subscription charges will be adjusted upwards from $73 to $76. At first i thought this was a bad April fool's day joke.

Then a couple of days later i got my statement for the month of April and what really irked me was that the fools have adjusted their shilling to dollar exchange rate from their usual 78bob to 80bob. Washindwe.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
anasazi
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:49:54 AM

Now if they keep behaving like this, wont we all be tempted to go the Walalo DSTV route?
Form is temporary, class is permanent
kizee
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:54:24 AM

or better still stop subscribing...i cut of mine in september last year
Sasha
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 10:02:13 AM

On this note, I bought a decoder for a pal from South Africa the other day. Went to Multichoice and they told me ati they cannot even touch the decoder and that it cant work in Kenya. They insisted that the equipment must be bought here in Kenya for it to work for this region.

My question is, in this age of advanced technology, surely, why should they limit use of their equipment yet the company will still benefit regardless of where the decoder was bought? This seems backward to me!
muganda
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 10:47:23 AM

@Sasha, are you Sasha fierce? smile (couldn't help it)

Oh how capitalism sacrifices the consumer when there is no genuine competition. See now, what happens when GTV closes, no more love from DSTV.

Decoder market is strictly controlled to protect their country subsidiaries, who have to purchase and import with taxes.
tuvok
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:33:21 AM

As soon as EPL is over we go on a DSTV sabbatical. That's the real reason that some of us have DSTV.
mwenza
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:19:35 PM

@tuvok................Dont be so sure this time round we have WC2010 during that 'sabbatical'

@muganda...................Even during those days of GTV this DSTV guys were still insensitive
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Njung'e
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:21:44 PM

Tuvok,
Your leave may not be this year.....As soon as EPL ends,there will be WC.......On the same,someone said GTV are making a comeback.How true is this ama ni muchene?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
tuvok
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:09:12 PM

@Njunge ukweli. Anyway tutaona.

I think there may be a few parties interesting in giving DSTv a run for their money...
Sasha
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:19:27 PM

@muganda: I can be fierce if need be!

So now my pal has to keep this decoder as a decoration in the house? Isn't anything that can be done to make it work here? This is Kenya land of all possibilities!

Sasa guka?
anasazi
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:41:50 PM

I'm still holding onto my GTV decoder in hope.. Ata kama nimeambiwa ni dead stock. Anyway, DSTV.. no love lost for them. Anyway, a lot of those channels are junk. When you narrow down, only 10 - 15 channels are really useful...
MaichBlack
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:57:02 PM

@ anasazi - Just out of curiosity, how does this walalo DSTv work and how much does it cost?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
anasazi
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 2:42:33 PM

I called it that because I knew of some Walalos who did it. Incidentally they were arrested, but many more are doing it out there. They would charge anything from 1000 to 1500 per month, and they would get the DSTV signal and distribute it to houses in a neighbourhood through cable.

On top of that, they did not use the normal kawaida DSTV decoders. They would use something called Astrovox or something. The reception was not as clear as with the real thing, but many people used it... Depends on whether they are at your estate, though...
eddyz
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:09:14 PM

@Sasha-What decoder is this you got from south africa, make, model?

@Njunge,@anasazi-indeed the GTV decoders have been in use gain since sometimes late last year from an outfit calling them selves free2view.Some of these guys used to work for GTV.
Apparently this free2view looks like another scam as their channels are now off air.

@mwenza-new channels have been added to DSTV as from last year including high definition so the cost was sure to go up someday.In any case they are still a monopoly.
Josey
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:18:25 PM

GUYS,

GTV was back like 3months ago! Brought to you by CapitalRealtime,
Call 0720902288 for details..
Sober
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 4:12:16 PM

before going to the streets and crying foul go back to the agreement (which you signed anyway) you will realise a thing you never saw then in the terms and conditions.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Njung'e
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 5:17:12 PM

@Josey,

You sure??....Why has it been a secret?...or it's those free to air channels which i also understand disappeared??.

@Sasha,
Poa sana....haki wewe tu...lol.....Can you organise to tow this "present" of yours??
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Shiznit...
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 5:35:39 PM

well well am not in Nbo but i can tell u 4 sure there are many decorders out there that can get u dstv signal and all channel including sports n movies...i bought mine from some indian WIZ IT GUYS here in dubai and i get all the sports channels even sky sports and al jazeera sports which broadcast English premier, la liga and italian..
the decorder is state of the art . it has usb port,and inbult 40gb u can record your fav movies and and games ,it olso has HDMI cable..
The catch is u need to have broadband internet connection and a dish ontop of the bulding.
i have been using it for around 4 months and no ploblem at all...
Am very sure someone in kenya can do the same for you and u dont neeed to use neither dstv decorder or the dish...
apart from the buying price and the cracking fees u will never pay anyone any subscription
if u want i can find the details for you..the codes changes every year i guess.
Sasha
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 5:58:37 AM

@eddyz: Will have to ask my pal, but it was the standard decoder not a PVR. I understand it is just an issue of coding to ensure it can decode the signals from the satellite! Anything you can do to assist will be greatly appreciated!

@guka: Funga present na ribbon! I will organise after I come from gishagi!
eddyz
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 8:09:57 AM

Sasha wrote:
@eddyz: Will have to ask my pal, but it was the standard decoder not a PVR. I understand it is just an issue of coding to ensure it can decode the signals from the satellite! Anything you can do to assist will be greatly appreciated!

@guka: Funga present na ribbon! I will organise after I come from gishagi!

@Sasha:if it was standard multichoice decoder then multichoice should have sold you the smart card for this region!I will wait for the other details I requested.Regards