wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Super currency to replace green buck??
Njunge
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:20:00 AM

What does this portend??..........For the dollar/US economy ?....Is Russia-China axis behind this and is it likely?.......Implications on our economy and those of the rest of the third world?

http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/sh10tl/-/index.html

Guka wa bijuti...
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
The Real Shaft
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:51:00 AM

burekenge*....

it was in the offing...

with an overvalued international (read US) credit system.....

the Eastern powers have just hastened the thought......

I'm the real Massey F.....shut your mouth
I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
india
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:56:00 PM

The one world order is the end game,the ground is already prepared by Illuminati group through conspiracy,.........................it won't be long before the world embraces one world economy.
novestor
#4 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 7:02:00 AM

Just like owour,i am glad to say i had predicted this in my analysis of the global crisis,see my response to the post.

http://www.stockskenya.c...?stk=1002&top=10910

If you want to understand the crisis and fortell the end,study this article

Learn something new everyday
Learn Something New Every Day!
Raheel
#5 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 9:19:00 AM

Skerians,

Please note the facts are as follows:

1) The SDR or Special Drawing Rights,is a basket of currencies including the US Dollar and other currencies like Euro and Yen etc.

2) The actual composition of the SDR and percentage weight of currencies is still not decided and is still being debated.

3) The SDR will not be able to provide the required liquidity required by countries like China and Japan and petroleum exporting countries.

As such,it will be a long time before the chinese or the Japanese decide to sell their US treasuries for as yet an illiquid instrument.

Raheel
Much Know
#6 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 9:39:00 AM

Borrowing from the researched article by novestor,let me comment on the next stage for war.

1. If the development of this currency occurs,the USA will have to apply better discipline in their financial markets to sustain the dollar value. This can only lead to a stronger USA
2. This will backfire on China which is wrongly convinced its undemocratic systems are superior

Either way....the riots in China cannot be far away

Ninajua Yote!
A New Kenya
jeffsmith
#7 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 10:36:00 AM

China's idea for a sort of 'super currency' is based on a basket of major currencies. I think it only shows China's ongoing concern about the money it has invested in U.S. securities as the bigger debt holder of the U.s.
If the greenback’s value were to collapse,it would take with it China's massive holdings of dollar-denominated assets,including T-bonds. That’s their main concern. They’re worried about their money

I believe we can definitely expect some change over the future in the basic role of the dollar as the world’s key reserve currency.

My Broker AVAFX Helps Me Develop As Forex Trader.
VituVingiSana
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:31:00 AM

Super-currency will take a long time... and subject to a lot of debate. If the Euro took years to get 'done' then how long will the super-currency take?

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:44:00 AM

Super-currency will take a long time... and subject to a lot of debate. If the Euro took years to get 'done' then how long will the super-currency take?

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
riahana
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:16:00 PM

This has NWO written all over it. i dint think it would happen in my lifetime

99% jesus 1% genius
Mwekahazina
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:28:00 AM

The US has a USD 10 trillion liability in its books. If the USD were allowed to depreciate,given the undersubscription in the latest TBill (Kenya-speak) issues,this could eventually result in a massive write-off for investors: China! Therefore,a basket of currencies,with realigned regional objectives,could be envisaged. Thereafter,.........NWO....... (you find out yourself)!!! Can the UK afford higher levels of Debt:GDP? Probably slightly,but not Italy and Germany! But the wheels of fortune turn in interesting ways.

The Kenyan economy may have low business confidence at the moment but,it still has export potential. Q4'09 may see an upsurge. Will the KES be ... integrated within a larger currency bloc...? Hmmm!!! Alignment of fiscal/monetary policy? Is this feasible given....? Is....? Sovereignity?.....?

Invest in agriculture... in your own small little way... That's where the 'money' (depending on what you/will perceive this to be) will be generated. Not everybody can go into outsourcing.

YOU create your own reality. You have the power within you.
VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:29:00 AM

US T-Bills are offering the lowest yield in a decade. At some point,people will move their money elsewhere once confidence shores up in other countries.

China needs to invest in its own economy. Imagine the inflows from the US$ T-bills (as well as inflows of FDI).

Buch
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:29:00 PM

Guys question is,when do you expect the 'SUPER BUCK' to be used in kenya?am thinking it will be kedo 2030 when most of us will not actualy need it.

All that starts well,ends well.
VituVingiSana
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 10:54:03 PM

I can guarantee one thing... the Kenya Shilling will not have much weight in any basket of a Super Currency... (at least not by 2020)

We can't even sort out Mau let alone play a part on the world stage...
rock
#15 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 10:46:27 AM

I echo VVS..maybe in the next 15 years or so.
2Czar
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:58:46 AM

Not gonna happen in like 30-40 years in near time, just take a look. Like 10 years already passed from the start date of that post and so many positive and negative things in the world and not much changed in that matter, correct ? So it will be. But China will be #1 very soon I would say no matter what US will do.
Beler
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:46:30 PM

I dont know if you are following news, but China is already number one in the whole world. The rest of the world is struggling to make barely 3-4% of GDP growth while China is making easily 7-8% for a decade now. Why do you think that they currently have Trade war with the US?