Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

198 Pages«<183184185186187>»
Realities of Forex Investment
hisah
#3681 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 12:20:50 PM

alutacontinua wrote:
Ceinz wrote:
hisah wrote:

I fancy shorting E$ above that level for sizable gains. Meanwhile I sit on my hands as I wait for the French election run-off event risk to present suitable opportunities. CAC40 equities are also on my radar smile

on look out.

@Ceinz welcome back

French election out of the way with Macron the next French President. Small gap open to start the week indicating that this was already priced in. Time to sell the fact/profit taking following last weeks rally?

That event risk didn't bring about the gap up I was aiming for (1.105 level) on the E$ trade. CAC40 also didn't gap up for a nice short.

Standing aside.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Ceinz
#3682 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 8:36:04 PM

hisah wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
Ceinz wrote:
hisah wrote:

I fancy shorting E$ above that level for sizable gains. Meanwhile I sit on my hands as I wait for the French election run-off event risk to present suitable opportunities. CAC40 equities are also on my radar smile

on look out.

@Ceinz welcome back

French election out of the way with Macron the next French President. Small gap open to start the week indicating that this was already priced in. Time to sell the fact/profit taking following last weeks rally?

That event risk didn't bring about the gap up I was aiming for (1.105 level) on the E$ trade. CAC40 also didn't gap up for a nice short.

Standing aside.

¥€$! Am back Alutacontinua. Thanks. This pip hunt will be the end of us.smile smile
“small step for man”
alutacontinua
#3683 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:23:50 PM

$CAD on my watchlist...the first 2 hours after the Frankfurt open today showing signs of the start of a downtrend above 1.37. Still waiting to determine entry and downside targets but SL would be above Friday's High (1.3792)
You dont have to be great to START but you have to start to be GREAT!!!!!!!!
alutacontinua
#3684 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:27:29 PM

alutacontinua wrote:
$CAD on my watchlist...the first 2 hours after the Frankfurt open today showing signs of the start of a downtrend above 1.37. Still waiting to determine entry and downside targets but SL would be above Friday's High (1.3792)

Trigger should be today's US Crude Oil Inventories news release
RFE_20354
#3685 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:15:12 PM

Any thoughts on GBPUSD? Thinking of shorting as i believe BOE will hold their rates as BREXIT pitfalls still linger.
karasinga
#3686 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:30:19 PM

RFE_20354 wrote:
Any thoughts on GBPUSD? Thinking of shorting as i believe BOE will hold their rates as BREXIT pitfalls still linger.

You better consider long. check what is happening at M15

my 2 cents
It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
alutacontinua
#3687 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:49:59 PM

alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:

And we have lift off smile Lets see if we can get some momentum going. Downside has a lot of legroom...
karasinga
#3688 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 5:52:28 PM

alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:

And we have lift off smile Lets see if we can get some momentum going. Downside has a lot of legroom...

like this
alutacontinua
#3689 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:03:56 PM

karasinga wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:

like this

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Hoping to clear the stops under Fridays low (1.3640 - TP -1) then that nice round number at 1.36 smile

RFE_20354
#3690 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:29:43 PM

karasinga wrote:
RFE_20354 wrote:

You better consider long. check what is happening at M15

my 2 cents

Thanks @Karasinga for your opinion. I am looking at D1,W1 and MN and they all seem to be screaming sell(your thoughts). Wish i knew how to post graphs. I'm still fresh when it comes to FX but learning.
karasinga
#3691 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:47:29 PM

RFE_20354 wrote:
Thanks @Karasinga for your opinion....
Wish i knew how to post graphs. I'm still fresh when it comes to FX but learning.

You are welcome. You can check this link and learn how to post charts/images. Impunity "taught" me and demanded that I thank him as soon as possible smile . www.wazua.co.ke/forum.as...sts&t=22111&p=10 . Not long ago I was there- "fresha". Now fresha in second semester... I like your attitude. let us learn together.
karasinga
#3692 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 10:47:57 PM

considering eurusd long.... cash cow
alutacontinua
#3693 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:41:05 PM

karasinga wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:

like this

Despite Oil's continued rise USDCAD caught a bid yesterday after Moody's downgrades 6 Canadian Banks Sad Sad Sad

https://m.moodys.com/res...adian-Banks--PR_366355?

"Oil continues its biggest rally since December: US stockpiles falling fater and earlier in 2017 than 5yr average as OPEC reduces output to trim global gut"

My targets are 1.36 and 1.34 based off the above fundamentals smile

Goldman (or as @hisah calls them LeSquid) have scrapped their Euro Parity call. Ups 12month forecast for $EUR to 1.05 from 1.00 on an upbeat ECB and see less scope for major policy divergence. They also lowered their USD outlook and believe it will lag Reagan's fueled rally in the 80's

The 1st round French election vote gap up still looming in the background...

hisah
#3694 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:43:13 PM

alutacontinua wrote:
karasinga wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:

like this

Despite Oil's continued rise USDCAD caught a bid yesterday after Moody's downgrades 6 Canadian Banks Sad Sad Sad

"Oil continues its biggest rally since December: US stockpiles falling fater and earlier in 2017 than 5yr average as OPEC reduces output to trim global gut"

Goldman (or as @hisah calls them LeSquid) have scrapped their Euro Parity call. Ups 12month forecast for $EUR to 1.05 from 1.00 on an upbeat ECB and see less scope for major policy divergence. They also lowered their USD outlook and believe it will lag Reagan's fueled rally in the 80's

LeSquid did what? Thanks for the heads up. I'll continue looking for E$ short plays the opposite of their call!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
lochaz-index
#3695 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 8:55:22 AM

hisah wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
karasinga wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:

like this

LeSquid did what? Thanks for the heads up. I'll continue looking for E$ short plays the opposite of their call!

Goldman up to their usual tricks. In that case, long USD and short EUR. The French election was a lose-lose set up for the EU and euro the difference being the time span involved. The only thing election showed was that the backlash against the establishment is yet to garner enough momentum to favor an extremist leader but it can't be wished away either. Brussels must be popping champagne in celebration of avoiding some land mines in the Netherlands and France in 2017 considering what transpired in 2016. The question is for how long will the reversal tide last?

Real Estate is boiling over in a couple of hot markets like London, Toronto and Australia. Just waiting for China to join fray.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
hisah
#3696 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 12:36:16 PM

Watching gold as 1200 handle beckons. The next huge move for Dow and S&P is coming when gold breaks below that level.

At the same time watching this NewGold ETF at NSE. Sit tight.
alutacontinua
#3697 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 3:33:59 PM

hisah wrote:
Watching gold as 1200 handle beckons. The next huge move for Dow and S&P is coming when gold breaks below that level.

Any link to where i could get a daily chart for the NewGold ETF? Really can't wait for NSE to introduce Short Selling smile

kimanimsc
#3698 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 3:42:12 PM

alutacontinua wrote:
hisah wrote:

Any link to where i could get a daily chart for the NewGold ETF? Really can't wait for NSE to introduce Short Selling smile

https://afx.kwayisi.org/nseke/gld.html
alutacontinua
#3699 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 4:30:53 PM

kimanimsc wrote:
alutacontinua wrote:
[quote=hisah]Watching gold as 1200 handle beckons. The next huge move for Dow and S&P is coming when gold breaks below that level.

https://afx.kwayisi.org/nseke/gld.html[/quote]

Thank you very much @kimanimsc really appreciate it
alutacontinua
#3700 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 7:02:19 PM

Data coming out of the US...

CPI m/m 0.2% vs 0.3% exp , Core CPI m/m 0.1% vs. 0.2% exp, Core Retail Sales m/m 0.3% vs 0.5% exp and Retail Sales m/m 0.4% vs. 0.6% exp

Dollar taking a hit - $DXY holding just above 99 - wondering what the FED must be currently thinking d'oh!

karasinga wrote:
considering eurusd long.... cash cow

Great call here @karasinga hope you are still long...i was expecting further downside on the $EUR