wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<49505152>
Question for a4architect
Ryko
#1001 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 8:31:36 AM

heri wrote:
[quote=limanika]@A4Architect,

Many thanks for your valued advice on this forum.

How would you rate these locally produced Tactile stone coated roofing tiles? Do they fade? How would they compare with Decra - costwise, aesthectics, etc?

http://tactileroofing.co.ke/company/[/quote] i see that almost 7 years ago there was a discussion comparing imported decra and the local tactile from Tiles & Carpet, i would really be grateful to hear whether the local roofing tiles has proved to be good considering that one can make a good saving by using it

You can try Juakali way, spare 2K go buy a 1 piece for each and put in a bucket for a whole week (more than 3 days). Put them on the sun to dry. You will automatically notice something. That is how my fundi ended up with the Newzealand type. If in any case you end up with it try a colour readily available in Space and Style, they are shyt they can promise you something not in stock and you will wait for long
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
heri
#1002 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 6:22:16 PM

Ryko wrote:
heri wrote:
[quote=limanika]@A4Architect,

Many thanks for your valued advice on this forum.

How would you rate these locally produced Tactile stone coated roofing tiles? Do they fade? How would they compare with Decra - costwise, aesthectics, etc?

http://tactileroofing.co.ke/company/[/quote] i see that almost 7 years ago there was a discussion comparing imported decra and the local tactile from Tiles & Carpet, i would really be grateful to hear whether the local roofing tiles has proved to be good considering that one can make a good saving by using it

You can try Juakali way, spare 2K go buy a 1 piece for each and put in a bucket for a whole week (more than 3 days). Put them on the sun to dry. You will automatically notice something. That is how my fundi ended up with the Newzealand type. If in any case you end up with it try a colour readily available in Space and Style, they are shyt they can promise you something not in stock and you will wait for long

interesting . i hope the people who have used them for some years can comment
Xymalos
#1003 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 11:55:56 PM

I notice my 20 years old roofing tiles are so faded and are no longer aesthetically pleasing to look at. Does it mean its time to replace them or what can I do to make them appear like new?
XSK
#1004 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 10:54:06 AM

Xymalos wrote:
I notice my 20 years old roofing tiles are so faded and are no longer aesthetically pleasing to look at. Does it mean its time to replace them or what can I do to make them appear like new?

@Xymalos

Are they or were they stone coated? Decra or Tactile or other?

Your clarification will add knowledge to the Wazua property section
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Xymalos
#1005 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 11:35:29 PM

XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:

@Xymalos

They were Mareba roofing tiles, concrete made. They were a beautiful red when new but now they are a dull brown colour.
XSK
#1006 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2020 9:27:38 AM

Xymalos wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:

@Xymalos

They were Mareba roofing tiles, concrete made. They were a beautiful red when new but now they are a dull brown colour.

Thanks for the clarification.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Thornbird
#1007 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2020 8:45:04 PM

XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:

@Xymalos

I've seen videos of such tiles being power washed with good results, I don't know if this would work for you. I guess not everyone appreciates the weathered look.
Xymalos
#1008 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2020 10:23:02 PM

Thornbird wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:

@Xymalos

I've seen videos of such tiles being power washed with good results, I don't know if this would work for you. I guess not everyone appreciates the weathered look.

Excellent suggestion. I will try power wash which may restore the colour.
Horton
#1009 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2020 10:51:32 AM

Xymalos wrote:
Thornbird wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:

@Xymalos

Excellent suggestion. I will try power wash which may restore the colour.

I’ve painted mine to grey. They look awesome
sqft
#1010 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2020 10:41:04 PM

Best tiles are clay ones, not concrete ones. Clay ones become better with age while concrete ones deteriorate.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#1011 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 9:44:28 AM

sqft wrote:
Best tiles are clay ones, not concrete ones. Clay ones become better with age while concrete ones deteriorate.

Correct Applause
Age and family mellows us all over time
XSK
#1012 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2020 11:54:04 AM

https://nation.africa/ke...apartment-block-3015104
amorphous
#1013 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 12:24:43 PM

XSK wrote:
https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/nairobi/karen-residents-developer-in-fight-over-apartment-block-3015104

Hehehehehe
Now if a4architect who was here giving us mawaidhas as a qualified professional is busy flouting all the rules of his profession than what about the average Juma? Laughing out loudly
We are ndoooomed as a country kapsa kapsa kapsaaaaa.
newfarer
#1014 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 2:44:51 PM

amorphous wrote:
XSK wrote:
https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/nairobi/karen-residents-developer-in-fight-over-apartment-block-3015104

Hehehehehe
Now if a4architect who was here giving us mawaidhas as a qualified professional is busy flouting all the rules of his profession than what about the average Juma? Laughing out loudly

These professionals ,you take what is good and leave what is bad.We have doctors who smoke cigarettes yet they tell us smoking is bad
punda amecheka
Queen
#1015 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 10:12:52 PM

amorphous wrote:
XSK wrote:

Hehehehehe

Remember some of his ideas were quite revolutionary especially when he suggested that Nairobi National Park should be converted into a housing estate.
heri
#1016 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 8:20:19 AM

Thornbird wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:

@Xymalos

Is there a way clean decra roofing tiles once they get stained by dirt/cement?
VituVingiSana
#1017 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 9:50:43 AM

Queen wrote:
amorphous wrote:
XSK wrote:

Hehehehehe

Remember some of his ideas were quite revolutionary especially when he suggested that Nairobi National Park should be converted into a housing estate.
Laughing out loudly Nothing "revolutionary" here. There have been numerous attempts/suggestions at slicing and dicing up NNP.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Lolest!
#1018 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 10:39:03 AM

XSK wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
XSK
#1019 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 12:49:32 PM

heri wrote:
Thornbird wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
XSK wrote:
Xymalos wrote:

@Xymalos

Is there a way clean decra roofing tiles once they get stained by dirt/cement?

Space and Style will sell you a touch up kit. It only helps to make the tile look black (or close to the original colour)
amorphous
#1020 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 8:32:28 AM

Queen wrote:
amorphous wrote:
XSK wrote:

Hehehehehe

Revolutionary indeed. This is why we are soooooo doomed. If all the intellectuals are 'revolutionary' what hope does the common man haved'oh! ? Very smart brains with zero ethics is the quintessential way in which banana republics form. God help us! Pray