wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<4647484950>»
Question for a4architect
slammers
#941 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:33:34 PM

thanks for the info
Planning to start later in the year. Current market rate for materials can be really appreciated
tinker
#942 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:54:38 PM

Am building a 5 x 1 bedroomed houses, for now I want to focus on the ground floor until fully finished & occupied basically due to cost.
Am about to do the ring beam/shutter.
My foreman has just given me a bill in excess of 700@ for this shutter only.this got me thinking. Swali ni, do I buy mbao or hiring makes sense? Again there is option of metallic trappers. Please share your experiences and help a wazuan.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Tara
#943 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:34:53 PM

gathinga wrote:
@a4architect. You have been very helpful of late providing useful and well researched information on matters housing.

What do you reckon are the best colors for:

(a) bedroom
(b) living room
(c) lounge

This might be a taste thing but I think walls should be neutral or light i.e light shades of grey and beige. Color can then be added with furnishing and decor. By doing it this way, you can change the look of your house easily and without breaking the bank. Check these out to see what I mean.

http://www.houzz.com/pho...nal-living-room-chicago

http://www.houzz.com/pho...ransitional-living-room

http://www.houzz.com/pho...nsitional-bedroom-austin
mayaiwaziri
#944 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 9:02:24 AM

I think you should buy second hand wood(from sites which are complete) since in future you can use on other floors.The trappers help to have a flat roof.

Quote:
tinker Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:54:38 PM

Am building a 5 x 1 bedroomed houses, for now I want to focus on the ground floor until fully finished & occupied basically due to cost.
My foreman has just given me a bill in excess of 700@ for this shutter only.this got me thinking. Swali ni, do I buy mbao or hiring makes sense? Again there is option of metallic trappers. Please share your experiences and help a wazuan.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Quote:
Heri nikose usingizi Runda.
Musimo
#945 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 10:58:49 AM

tinker wrote:

Lease the trappers or timber formwork, buying them would leave you with the headache of getting rid of them when shutter works are finished.
there is no difference between metal and timber trappers apart from the material they are made of. t triky part about metal trappers is you will still need timber to fill in some parts where the metal trappers cannot fit into.
TSi
#946 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 6:00:25 PM

What would happen if someone was to build using drawings whose kanjo stamps have expired?
sanity
#947 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 8:00:35 PM

TSi wrote:
What would happen if someone was to build using drawings whose kanjo stamps have expired?

someone will go to jail
Hope is not a strategy
Musimo
#948 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2016 11:39:25 PM

sanity wrote:
TSi wrote:

someone will go to jail

Not really go to jail,but they will close down your site while waiting for you to renew the approvals. Badala ya "kununua chai" get an extension of time for them
Rongla
#949 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 1:02:10 AM

What if you had already started building, you've already completed the first phase and the stamp has expired. Do you still have to renew/ extend it ?
XSK
#950 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 8:18:59 AM

Rongla wrote:
What if you had already started building, you've already completed the first phase and the stamp has expired. Do you still have to renew/ extend it ?

Two years after the stamp date and the building is incomplete, the approval is considered expired and you need to renew it. That's from my experience in Kiambu county
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
TSi
#951 Posted : Wednesday, March 02, 2016 3:14:59 PM

XSK wrote:
Rongla wrote:

Two years after the stamp date and the building is incomplete, the approval is considered expired and you need to renew it. That's from my experience in Kiambu county

Alafu whats happening at Kiambu county, approvals since last year have stalled. Sijui kabuffalo anataka aje
mungaits
#952 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2016 1:31:11 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to put up some bedsitters near kikuyu town in Kiambu county.

Anyone with ideas on;

- ideal bedsitter dimensions
- floor plans
- rough costing
- county approval requirements

Asanteni

TS
enyands
#953 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2016 6:44:03 PM

4architect. What's your view on polystyrene technology ? Is it strong in comparison to traditional way of building houses using blocks and bricks

https://youtu.be/kgoHX5b4swo
Dirty_impreza
#954 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2016 9:18:00 PM

TSi wrote:
XSK wrote:
Rongla wrote:

Alafu whats happening at Kiambu county, approvals since last year have stalled. Sijui kabuffalo anataka aje

Not really stalled. Two planning meetings have been held this year, feb and about a week ago.
Dirty_impreza
#955 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2016 9:22:40 PM

Rongla wrote:

Physical planning act gives you a max validity of two year to complete the project. It applies to both plans and change/extension of user... Apply for a renewal
Musimo
#956 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 11:02:53 AM

mungaits wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to put up some bedsitters near kikuyu town in Kiambu county.

Anyone with ideas on;

- ideal bedsitter dimensions
- floor plans
- rough costing
- county approval requirements

Asanteni

TS

call this guy, Titus, tell him what you want and agree on a bei then he does the necessary. 0735830182
popat
#957 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 2:20:57 PM

Dirty_impreza wrote:
Rongla wrote:

Physical planning act gives you a max validity of two year to complete the project. It applies to both plans and change/extension of user... Apply for a renewal

Are the charges for a renewal same as when you are applying for a new approval?Is the price dependent on the length of time after the expiry of the two year valid period?
TSi
#958 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 2:51:06 PM

popat wrote:
Dirty_impreza wrote:
Rongla wrote:

Are the charges for a renewal same as when you are applying for a new approval?Is the price dependent on the length of time after the expiry of the two year valid period?

@Dirty_impreza what you are saying is well n good the problem is those county offices sit on the documents so that you get desperate, which leads you to look for them so that you can honga them. hizo meetings unasema mbili we had documents sent na ata saa hii hazijatoka. Funny thing our project is very small.
obiero
#959 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:25:47 PM

I have a planner in Kisii who states we need to post change of user on at least one daily prior to gazettement.. Now, question stands, can I do the daily newspaper notice on my own, or I have to involve the county official

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Boris Boyka
#960 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:46:42 PM

obiero wrote:
I have a planner in Kisii who states we need to post change of user on at least one daily prior to gazettement.. Now, question stands, can I do the daily newspaper notice on my own, or I have to involve the county official

When I read the daily papers I normally see many of those...I haven't done it myself but as a start pick the Nation papers and try read huko kwa classifieds you see how it's done.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!