wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tired of being lied to by lorry driver.
Cesc
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:22:04 PM

Hi to you all wazua members.a've been following this forum for a while now(since sk days)and its a fantastic site i must say.
Now a've been given responsibility to manage my dads lorry (a 5 tonner mercedes benz like the ones the military use)but the driver is proving to be quite a thief.
He constantly brings me so little cash at the end of the day when i know for a fact the lorry made more money.
So obviously am very frustrated and am looking for anyone who knows where i can hire out the lorry and get paid monthly atleast such an arrangement i will know what to expect.
selah
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:58:44 PM

transport business is always stressful,but my experience is:

1.Unless you have a tracking device its impossible to manage a lorry from the comfort of your house/office.You must be on the ground to monitor the movement of the lorry be it hiring a manager or a trusted relative.

2.Many manufacturing companies have distributors who require lorries.approach as many distributors or manufacturer with your proposal as possible luck might be on your side.

3.Most drivers have their own contacts who give them business.take your driver as a business partner and give him targets it might work

4.lasty always check the speedometer for distance covered in a day.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
anasazi
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:07:48 PM

Yeah, this is a stressfull business. I know of someone who ended up quitting his job to run his lorry. But traffic cops also have caused him a lot of headache. If you lack expertise in this area, you might just want to cash in on the lorry....
Form is temporary, class is permanent
jaggernaut
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:27:58 PM

@Cesc. One way of reducing theft by the driver is by monitoring the movement of your lorry using a tracking device.

I have a vehicle tracking device which we can install in your lorry and then you will be able to monitor the movement of the lorry (in realtime) from the comfort of your home or office (or even pub) using your phone or computer. You will then be able to know how many trips/movements the lorry has made reducing the chances of you being conned. I have installed the device in several matatus and the owners are very happy.

Email me at jnaut@ymail.com for more details.
Cesc
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:56:38 PM

Thank you all for your advice.
A tracking device for now looks like the best option since the truck just goes to the site where they wait for people who need it and hire it.
The problem i really want to sort out is the time it stays idle just waiting for work. I'll definately try to find something parmanent for it to be doing,hii mambo ya "ask for transport" is becoming too much for me at the moment.
seeker
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2010 3:03:47 PM

perhaps you should sell the lorry and use the money to do a business you can control.
Juma
#7 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:22:19 AM

In addition to the points given...

I say YOU should take control of the biz from the driver.

Handle the marketing and cash. Get the clients and be the one to receive payments. Then instruct driver where to load and offload and bring you delivery notes.

If he cant handle it and still brings kichwa then fire him. There are many reliable drivers out there!
shalishali
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:59:04 AM

Maybe you should sell the lorry and invest in real estate. It is less stressful.
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!