wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Motor Vehicle Diagnostics
tuvok
#61 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 12:04:09 PM

XSK wrote:
tuvok wrote:
@XSK also check with Commercial Motor Spares... If they don't have them, they might be able to ship them in for you. They do spares for major Japanese brands

@Tuvok,

Their contact information? i mean for commercial motor spares..

http://cms.co.ke/
XSK
#62 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 5:16:11 PM

tuvok wrote:
XSK wrote:
[quote=tuvok]@XSK also check with Commercial Motor Spares... If they don't have them, they might be able to ship them in for you. They do spares for major Japanese brands

@Tuvok,

Their contact information? i mean for commercial motor spares..

http://cms.co.ke/[/quote]
@Tuvok,

Appreciated...
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
nostoppingthis
#63 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 1:59:27 PM

The advice you guys offer on wazua (all for free) is exceptional!!!Applause Applause Applause Applause

Toyota NZE, 1500cc....advantages and disadvantages? maintenance?
tuvok
#64 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 8:40:01 PM

I don't drive one... but (others will contribute)

++++
Affordable running costs: spares, fuel

Pretty light - 1050kg

Digitali
#65 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:15:20 PM

MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR(MAF): This is another important sensor in optimum running of the engine. This sensor actually measures how much air enters the engine and adjusts the fuel/air mixture accordingly.
FAILURE SYMPTOMS: Poor running, stalling , misfiring, poor acceleration: all conditions may not illuminate light or set codes.
Digitali
#66 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:57:21 AM

THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR: This lets the computer know how far you press the accelerator pedal down. It often has a wide open throttle and a closed throttle switch either as part of it or as separate components.
FAILURE SYMPTOMS: Hesitation on quick acceleration (passing, "floorboarding it") , sometimes bad idle. May not illuminate light or set codes.
sihingwa
#67 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:04:36 PM

I have recently replaced my water temp sending sensor twice. My radiator fans still dont come on when engine runs hot. I resorted to disconnecting wires to the sensors so that the fans are on through out. It is a nissan B15. Been wondering if it is a 'computer problem' Anyone here experienced this before and how to solve ?
Digitali
#68 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:27:27 AM

@Sihingwa: Did you have the problem diagnosed with a proper machine? The problem could have been caused proberbly not by the sensor but by the coolant temperature circuit. The temeperature sensor could be okay but the circuit could be having a short! Disconnecting the wires from the sensor is not advisable because the computer uses the signal from this sensor to determine critical factors such as air/fuel mixture, and timing advance. I highly doubt if is is acomputer problem but again this problem can only be solved once the vehicle is properly checked!
sihingwa
#69 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:52:16 AM

@ Digitali

This was what happened, sorry if it is a long story;

1 I noticed coolant boiling out of its recovery reservoir. I took it to a mechanic and after several checks, blamed the water temp sending sensor. I replaced it @KES 5000

2. The new sensor 'worked' then 1 week later same problem.
I removed the sensor and tested its resistance using boiling water. I bought another sensor since the replacement one had constant resistance both when cold and when hot (in boiled water)

3 I tested the third sensor as above and it behaves (only when testing resistance)When put into the engine block, the car was still overheating...so I removed the wires so that the radiator fans are always on.
Digitali
#70 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:19:56 PM

sihingwa wrote:
@ Digitali

This was what happened, sorry if it is a long story;

1 I noticed coolant boiling out of its recovery reservoir. I took it to a mechanic and after several checks, blamed the water temp sending sensor. I replaced it @KES 5000

2. The new sensor 'worked' then 1 week later same problem.
I removed the sensor and tested its resistance using boiling water. I bought another sensor since the replacement one had constant resistance both when cold and when hot (in boiled water)

3 I tested the third sensor as above and it behaves (only when testing resistance)When put into the engine block, the car was still overheating...so I removed the wires so that the radiator fans are always on.

1. The boiling of the coolant out of its recovery reservoir was a correct indicator of overheating.
2.You tested the resistance what was the resistance at 100 degrees celcius?
3. The third sensor only only works out of the engine block- this is a clear indicator that there could be a short in the sensor circuit which could even be causing the sensor failure.

Another item to check is the fan relay which could be bad.

Again there are several ways to know if the coolant temperature sensor is malfunctioning, if the sensor is bad it will trigger a trouble code and the check engine light in the dashboard will come on, you can retrieve the engine code and see if it is related to the coolant temperature sensor, even if the engine control computer doesn't store a trouble code, there is another way to suspect a bad coolant temperature sensor : If your vehicle starts using more fuel than usual, starts having trouble starting when the engine reaches normal operating temperature or you notice black smoke coming out from the exhaust tail pipe, it is very likely that these symptoms are related to a bad coolant temperature sensor.
McReggae
#71 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 11:57:08 AM

Hey Dijitali,
Remember I was at you garage sometimes back, the diagnostic showed the cam shaft position sensow as the problem and I replace it though the problem still exists!!!

I have the coils, fuel injectors and the fuel pumps and all these are ok.

Problem:
After driving say on the highway then stop at traffic jam the car most of the time stops, I have to keep pumping the accelerator when on neutral for the car not to stop, at times it's like I am steppig on the accelerator and it's like no fuel is getting to the engine......what could be the problem?

Check engine still comes on!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
sihingwa
#72 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 12:05:58 PM

@ McReggae,

Was about to take my car for diagnostics, but now am getting second thoughts. Your problem implies that computer diagnostics cannot pinpoint a problem at 100% accuracy...
Digitali
#73 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 2:19:36 PM

@McReggae
Your vehicle could have had a number of problems and some were not picked by the scanner. After you changed the Cam shaft sensor did the problem dissapear and did you come back for us to delete the error code stored on the ECU? In most cases a vehicle could have other problems with sensors not performing optimally but also not sending anyerror code to the ECU.

Where there are no error codes, we put the vehicle into further tests where we read the ouput values and graphs from the sensors to find out if they are within the required range. We also use the the actuator function of the scanner to literaly switch on and of the various sensors to see whether they are functioning or not!

Kindly come to the garage i will personally look at the vehicle to give you a proper analysis. kindly get in touch on 0725 785321.

@Sihingwa: Diagnosis works. It all depends on the diagnosis equipment used and its functionalities. Some are simple Scanners and cannot even show the output of the sensors and once there is no error code the machine can do nothing more!
McReggae
#74 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 4:55:04 PM

Hey Digitali, I still got your number will keep in touch!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
moreinfo
#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:58:43 PM

hey guys...have read the thread from the begining, but i need some more infor. I recently bought a cedia gdi 1.8l, it used to cut fuel/stall at around 3000rpm, the fuel pump was fixed/repaired and these stopped, a rough idle followed but this was also fixed. Now i have a check engine light appearing then dissapearing by itself which show error code P0170, abnormal fuel system (Fuel trim bank 1 malfunction). The guy doing this for me told me that the plugs are ok, fuel filter is also ok, i dont want to keep chasing a goast coz there seems to be enough number of possibilities as to where the problem could be. The fuel consumption is abit high as its doing between 8-12km per litre...as opposed to 14. I was also told that there is uneven fuel pressure during the distribution...
Digitali
#76 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:44:00 PM

@moreinfo: The error P0170 is a generic code which means that your fuel/air mixture has issues. There is need to analyse the output of the various sensors which could be the cause of wrong signals hence the burning rich situation in the car. In such a case you will realise high consumption fuel consumption. There is need to check all the the oxygen sensors if your car has two. Have their outputs measured using a scan tool before you change them. It is important also to check Mass airflow sensor ouputs to confirm that they are within range.
mjuaji wa stocks
#77 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 3:50:38 PM

@Digitali.......

1. How much do you charge for a complete diagnosis?

2.what normally do you check?

3. My car boot door makes some very uncomfortable noise when driving……like this…….chiikichikichciikii kichikichikichkii...chakiiichakiikiiichaa…Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

ikipita kwanza rough road….ama corrogation.....ama bumps...ukiwa umelala …unaweza amka!

Took to a panel beater….aka-spoil zaidi coz hata ile light ya open door that shows kwa dash board when a door is open sasa hakuna.....i think sensor yake imepotea after the called adjusting by the panel beater!!

The door still has the noise…..Can your computer detect what the problem is?

@ all….Anybody else who has ever had this?....where did you sort it out?
....can i bring it to your clinic for a clean bill of health?......smile

4. Kwa maana gari sio mgonjwa...utalipisha mimi pesa ngapi.
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Digitali
#78 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:58:56 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@Digitali.......

1. How much do you charge for a complete diagnosis?

2.what normally do you check?

3. My car boot door makes some very uncomfortable noise when driving……like this…….chiikichikichciikii kichikichikichkii...chakiiichakiikiiichaa…Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

ikipita kwanza rough road….ama corrogation.....ama bumps...ukiwa umelala …unaweza amka!

Took to a panel beater….aka-spoil zaidi coz hata ile light ya open door that shows kwa dash board when a door is open sasa hakuna.....i think sensor yake imepotea after the called adjusting by the panel beater!!

The door still has the noise…..Can your computer detect what the problem is?

@ all….Anybody else who has ever had this?....where did you sort it out?
....can i bring it to your clinic for a clean bill of health?......smile

4. Kwa maana gari sio mgonjwa...utalipisha mimi pesa ngapi.

@Mjuaji Mkubwa oh Sorry! wa stock
Thanks for your querryies
1. We charge Kshs 3,000 for a complete diagnosis.

2. We check the engine, the gear box and body wiring depending with the car make and the year of manufacture. Newer cars have more subsystems which can be checked with the scanner.

3.Ciiiiikichikichikich ..ka.. dddd sounds like squeeking and pouding! 2 reasons No 1. shuma mbiri lazima zinakurana hence the squeeking!check the boot hinges could be touching the body. no. 2 something not tight hence the pounding! Check the lock whether it is tight or appropriate adjustments need to be done for it to be firm!

Am sorry the computer cannot detect any panel beating isues or defects! those can only be handled with anyundo.

the light in the dashboard can be fixed it could just be a wiring issue!
mjuaji wa stocks
#79 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:55:36 AM

@ Digitalli...Thanks.

Now; i have realized my breaking system goes like this;

I have replaced the pads recently....but i need a long distant inorder to effectively break.

I tried a friends car and the breaking was superb.....unawekelea tu mguu ama hata ka-kidole kadogo and the breaking is instant kwanza na nguvu sana......this gives you a short breaking distance even when in high speed.

What could be wrong?

Can this be diagnosed by your computer probably by check the whole breaking system?

My car is Toyota 2001 make full time 4WD!

The boot door was adjusted as i said lakini bado!

Will check the hinges as you recommend.

Regards.
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Digitali
#80 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:26:22 PM

@Mjuaji wa Stocks

Your problem is simple if you just recently replace the pads then it seems that your mechanic did not do the bleeding properly
This problem is usually caused by air getting into the brake fluid area, usually from the master cylinder. As the brake pads wear, the caliper pistons ride farther out of the caliper, allowing more fluid to remain in the calipers. Over time this can add up to almost as much fluid as there is in the master cylinder reservoir. If neglected, this will allow the master cylinder to pump some air into the brake lines. Air is very compressable, whereas brake fluid is not, as long as there is a solid stream of brake fluid between the master cylinder piston and the caliper piston, the brake pedal will be nice and firm. If there is air in the system, the pedal will feel spongy and will go down almost all the way to the floor, maybe all the way, depending on how much air is in the system. So you need bleeding to be done.

The diagnosis machine can check the ABS system which prevents the wheels from locking up when breaking hence avoiding skeeding and improving drivers control of the vehicle.The ABS system also helps in improved stoping distance since it manages the hydraulic pressure applied on each wheel.