wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Motor Vehicle Diagnostics
Digitali
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:37:26 PM

Hey there! could you be having engine, gear box or any wiring problems with your vehicle and your mechanic cannot put a finger on the problem ? are the warning lights on your dashboard parmanently on? worry no more!

We have a computerised scanner which reads all errors reported and stored in the vehicle engine control unit (computer). We detect all problems related to
1. Engine
2. Gear Box
3. ABS
4. Airbags
5.Wiring etc.

We will fix them!
benzi
#2 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 11:04:17 AM

MY Nissan B15 has been giving me issues with the Gear Box -it cannot change to gear one can you sort the problem out, if so where are you located?
Digitali
#3 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:12:31 PM

@benzi, thanks for your query. We need to look at your vehicle first before i can advice you on the extent of the problem but to be brief, modern vehicles come with OBD(on board Diagnostics) systems. The car is fitted with an (ECU)Engine control unit which has the programs which control all the operations of your car and also gets reports from sensors place in the various parts of the car. If there is a problem in any system in the car, then this is reported to the ECUby the sensors.

what we do is we are able to scan the ECU and all the sensors to establish where the problem is. Once we establish the problem we directly deal with it without guess work.

Back to you problem, Your issue could be a malfunction in the ECU or some solenoids in the gearbox could be spoit.

Hope you are answered!
Digitali
#4 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:26:35 PM

@ benzi, sorry i forgot! We are located at off mbagathi way,Kenyatta market, Galexon House.
benzi
#5 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 1:15:35 PM

@digitali,Thanks for the info, i will give you guys a buzz
fantony
#6 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2010 11:43:19 AM

digitally.. i am half way through with purchase of a mitsubishi with a GDI engine... all my pals are warning me against it citing sensors, fuel consumption, GENUINE SPARES only available...

Are you guys are good for long run to take care of the sensors bit..?

what's your educated take and experience with the GDI?
Digitali
#7 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2010 1:12:47 PM

@fantony:Thanks for your question but to correct what your friends are telling you:

Note that not only the GDI has sensors but all the vehicles currently being manufactured have sensors and actuators which help in optimum running of the Vehicle.It is worth noting that vehicles have changed from mechanical systems to electronic systems where all the engine, gearbox, ABS airbags are controlled electronically. Modern cars mechanical operations cannot be repaired without an input from an electrician. These two have no choice but to work together to get the best results. To add on to that many problems cannot be diagnosed by the mechanics by guess work hence the need to have the root problem diagnosed and repaired.The major problem in most garages lack professionalism in handling and diagnosing car problems hence the saying that such and such a car is problematic, why? because they cannot get the root cause of the problem and keep treating symptoms

The sensors are available in the market and if your GDI is given the best attention when it has a problem, then you will never have a chain of problems. Go for it if you like it and can afford it!
fantony
#8 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2010 3:39:11 PM

thanks for that... guess the next question is an approximate estimate.. for a 'consultation' ... what about minor service rates and major rates for 1500 cc mitsubishi car..
Digitali
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:03:14 AM

@fantony: dont worry about the rates.Our rates are friendly and not close to what you would be charged if you went to the dealers and again you also get personalised servive at these rock bottom rates!Visist us and you wont be dissapointed!
murren
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 12:19:14 PM

@digitali, what are you hours of business?
The secret of success is the constancy of purpose - Benjamin Disreali
Digitali
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 1:11:05 PM

@ murren: We open from 8.30am to 6.30pm. can get in touch through autoscananddiag@gmail.com
Intelligentsia
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2010 6:56:13 AM

@factony, my first car was a GDI, a real beauty. Pimped it up with a dvd player/ tv screen, 600 watt amp. with a Boschman equalizer,Sony explode speakers cool rims - the works!It was a mobile theater to all intents and purposes...

Just before purchasing it,there was a lot of discouragement from all sorts of pips, saying it was a troublesome car, the GDI engine was not suited for Africa,was a failure, was being dumped in Africa,etc. Looking for hard solid facts, I researched extensively on the web, spoke to motoring experts (emailed sunday nation columnist, Gavin Bennet)on the GDI engine, spoke 4 folks who had owned the car before and for sometime and even went to Simba Colt (they make the Mit Galant saloon) at KICC during Total Motor exhibition, asking all these pips what exactly, specifically, was wrong with the GDI car. NOBODY,repeat NOBODY, could point out any specific issue, it was clearly a perception issue in a Toyota-crazy Kenya. Some 'expert' told me the petrol coming to Kenya has a high sulphur content than for Japan (which is true)and this would wreck the engine esp. when it reached 3000rpm...but 4 years later the Galant was still to give me 12km/ltr on a 1803cc engine.

In fact I came to learn its Galant/ Legnum (its station wagon version)was actually declared the car of the year in Japan in 1996-1997!! Confirm this at http://media.mitsubishi-...rporate/detail1553.html

The GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) technology is what most pips didn't understand. This was the first GDI car in Kenya. And pips fear and shun what they don't understand. GDI is a kind of fuel injection system that helps cars attain fuel efficiency and high power, and is a technology that has since been adopted widely by VW (in 2000, FORD (2001), BMW 2003,etc.
go to http://en.wikipedia.org/...soline_direct_injection for more facts wachana na domo domo za watu.

So I bought the GDI.
4 yrs later I can wholly truthfully tell u the car has never ever caused me a major issue. Absolutely no regrets.

The key to GDI is maintenance. Engine oil, strictly use synthetic oil. I have been using Mobil 1 exclusively. Do the service on time and change oil/and air filters as part of normal service.

The only drawback is resale value which is low coz of this Toyota-craze. Spare parts are avaialbale at Rising Sun -Grogan, Baricho Rd,etc.

McReggae
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2010 11:07:19 AM

Digitali,
I will send you mail!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
fantony
#14 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2010 4:09:37 AM

Intelligentsia.... 2 words

1. Thanks
2. WOW!!

Kindly also consider sharing the details of your mechanic... the last guy i had has just managed to wreck (pardon me) a Toyota...

I was glad to be ditching Toyota... 1 week before the recall...
Qranj
#15 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2010 7:38:45 PM

@Intelligentsia

Very true Applause . Most people fear what they don't understand. I’ve had a GDI Galant for over 9 yrs with no major issues. 3 yrs ago, I imported a Lancer Cedia (1500cc GDI) when no one could touch that car. I've done over 40,000kms & have never bought any spare part apart from normal service stuff (filters, oil, brake pads etc) & yes... I’m still doing 14 kms / litre. Now this model has become a darling of very many, including taxi jamaas a few years back, were Toyo damu...

Earlier, GDI engines got a backlash coz of some manufacture's fault which was later sorted out. To boost their sales, local Toyo sales guys (including their agents called “Taxi Drivers”) capitalised on this, which explains why most people fear Mitsus with GDI. Apparently, GDI is one of the best engines around. Peugeots & Volvos have used it extensively. Toyos have now come up with their own version, the D4 !! (talk of being copycats instead of innovators)

Toyos are currently having a serious manufacturer’s fault their accelerators, leading to a major recall. It’s a more serious problem than that experienced my Mitsu earlier. Does it mean that guys should now stop buying Toyos? Hio domo watawacha…Shame on you

http://www.toyota.co.uk/recall/
http://www.nation.co.ke/...8/-/r33gy8/-/index.html
Intelligentsia
#16 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2010 9:53:11 AM

@ fantony
For service go to Josim Nbi West.
For diagnostics I never had a problem so wouldn't know one! By u can ask them to refer you to one or...try the starter of this thread if proven satisfactory.
tuvok
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2010 11:38:11 AM

Nice reading @Intelligentsia :)

It has always been interesting watching guys bashing GDI type cars and observing the lack of facts presented.

VW FSI type engines are GDI type. Also read somewhere that Mitsubishi and VW Group share engine technology - I have the link somewhere.

Perception I guess in Kenya is what sells cars.

@Qranj - a minor correction - GDI technology has been around since the 1920s... http://en.wikipedia.org/...soline_direct_injection

As for diagnostics - I have a simple OBD-II scanner that I'm flogging since (unfortunately) it doesn't read codes off my car :(

I think it doesn't support one of the OBD-II protocols or my car is slightly old. It was purchased in the US, and has a minor cut on two pins (that I made while trying to hack it to work).

It works on Isuzu Bighorn for sure - that's the only car I've tested it on apart from my own. It's a cheap thing - just tells u any code reported by the ECU. I'll only sell it if it works for you. Any takers?
simonkabz
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:05:54 PM

Guys can pour out all manner of facts on the GDI engine....One fact remains, its a "sumbua" engine n only very few guys can repair it correctly, xpensive parts aside.....I have seen more ruined than gud ones n I can never touch it, EVER! Msitudanganye, u r the lucky FEW!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
McReggae
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:28:04 PM

Kabz, here you, loud and clear!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
tuvok
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:30:17 AM

@Kabz @McReggae - kila mtu na dawa yake :)

I know some of the parts are 'expensive' parts - but that is a matter of perspective - expensive one time but lasts a long time.

The O2 sensor for the D4 that costs about 22k @ Toyota EA -> but is replaced very rarely so it's not stocked locally - incidentally I replaced mine at 13k. As indicated earlier in the thread - all modern cars have sensors all over that cost money to replace.

If you cannot manage to regularly service a GDI type engine - put in the proper parts or prefer to give it to any mech that is just experimenting - I'd say it will give u problems.

Proper Plugs, Oil, Fuel and you're sorted.