wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

How to design for a Jacuzzi in your house.
a4architect.com
#1 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 9:12:38 AM

The name Jacuzzi originates from a family of Italian brothers who originated from Italy and settled in California,U.S.A in the early 1900s.
The Jacuzzi brothers were aeronautical engineers who designed propeller engines for aircrafts. They left aviation engineering and concentrated on agricultural engineering in the design of agricultural water pumps.
The Jacuzzi whirlpool bath was invented in the early 1940s by Candidi Jacuzzi, a second generation Jacuzzi. His son suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis and used to receive hydro-therapy from the hospital. He designed a portable pump that could be fitted inside a bathtub to give the hydro-therapy.
In the late 1960s, Roy Jacuzzi, a third-generation Jacuzzi toyed with the idea of marketing the pump-fitted bath tub dubbed the ‘Roman Bathtub’ to cater for the growing need for leisure .
Although the larger Jacuzzi family thought this idea was a little weird, the sales grew and soon the bathtub was designed to be a bit larger so as to fit in 2 people. The designed improved farther over several years and the Jacuzzis became larger and larger.
The laid-back culture of California became a very good launching pad for the Jacuzzi more so as famous movie stars popularized it further in their quest for opulent and glamorous lives.
In 1979, the Jacuzzis sold the company to Kidde Inc. which was later bought by Hanson PLC in 1987.In 1996, the company strengthened itself further by purchasing a leading Canadian swimming pool manufacturer, Haugh's Products Limited and diversified and improved the designs further.
Currently, Jacuzzi is the world’s most recognized whirl pool brand name.

Space requirements.

A standard Jacuzzi comes in dimensions of 1.8m by 1.8m by 0.8m height.
Read more on http://www.a4architect.c...a-jacuzzi-in-your-house/
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
peep
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 8:13:56 AM

I am not looking for a jacuzzi (yet), but would like to have one of those glass walled showers. I have looked at prices of these, they a way too expensive (150-200K)and too big for my restricted bathroom.
Do you know anybody who can remove my bathtub and in its place build a glass walled shower? I will use the normal Lorenzo steam showers, not the fancy telephone head shower heads. My budget max 50K. He can keep the bathtub also.
a4architect.com
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 9:27:25 AM

you can install a normal shower tray5k] and build the glass wall with aluminium frame[4m2 glass area x6000 per m2=24k].There is a glass and aluminium shop near/behind choices bar and restaurant in industrial area perated by some chines..and the prices are very chinese.
a4architect.com
#4 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 9:28:05 AM

you can install a normal shower tray5k] and build the glass wall with aluminium frame[4m2 glass area x6000 per m2=24k].There is a glass and aluminium shop near/behind choices bar and restaurant in industrial area operated by some chinese..and the prices are very chinese.
Lyra
#5 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 11:53:46 AM

Depends on the size of your bathroom to fit the tray. if the bathroom already has a bathtub the 5k shower tray is too small for ya bathroom, try the 11k shower tray the last i checked. Visit places on mombasa road for ideas and prices i.e tile & carpet centre etc,
'Do all the good you can,by all the means you can,in all the ways you can,
in all the places you can,to all the people you can,as long as ever you can'.
John Wesley
English Preacher (1703-1791)
a4architect.com
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:36:33 AM

Shops in industrial area offer same quality but cheaper than mombasa road shops