wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenya can win a ''World cup for politics''
BGL
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:05:14 PM

If at all we had a world cup or competition among nations on matters politics, Kenya will emerge winners and will break its own record several times. But the question will be why? But that should be a subject for a thesis and i will not pursue it further for now.
Back to the constitution which has remained so elusive for two decades now and the intrigues are far from over. I think come june 2010 or whenever we have the next constitutional referendum we should have two documents or even three or four documents:
a)presidential
b)parliamentary
c)hybrid
d)no constitution

The winning threshold should be 50+1%, otherwise a yes or no document may not be forthcoming and if it does, it may make what we witnessed in ''early 2008'' look like a rehearsal for a major showdown in future. However, i think the COE has already made up their minds and with their rigidity will sink us into a mess. I gather from the submissions to the COE nobody was for the Hybrid but because they want to look like the good guys and do not want to please or annoy the political class. To achieve this they have adopted this fence-sitting ideology like the general himself.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison