wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
KDN JUST ANOTHER KENYAN ISP
alma
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:08:04 AM

Sorry for the caps but I don't think you can get any lower than KDN corporate accounts.

First of all, they gave us an IP address in Tanzania.

For those who don't understand, this is illegal and can and has been used by terrorists to hide their exact location.

It took 1 Week to change something that normally takes 10 minutes. I don't even want to tell you how some IT guy can lie straight faced that the company IP was in Kenya.

Second. We paid for this corporate account last year before christmas.

One month later, we have had no day when we had internet connection.

I am serious. No internet connection that lasts more than 10 minutes before it is dropped.

Third I will talk about customer service...Pray
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
muganda
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:19:11 AM

Looo! this sounds like another @blackthought story. First it was him waiting for his Access @Home connection for I don't know how long... (what's the latest). Now Kenya Data Networks, thought they were the offering top speed thus also assumed top service.

CCK needs to start vetting the ads of this telecommunication companies. Everything is so attractive and glossy in the print press. Pole sana @alma - pray tell us more...
alma
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:25:25 AM

@Muganda,

Trust me, I am taking a deep breath coz I have just about had it with this KDN people.

I will have more later. The IP issue is so criminal it is not even funny.

As I am writing this, I have yet to recieve a call from their customer service guys after I called at 8am today to complain about no service.

I have talked and written emails to about 8 fellows and ladies.

All I am told is that they are looking into it and they have a ticket number.

so forgive me if I am about to just bombard the internet with "I HATE KDN", and "KDN KENYA is a Scam", keywords.Shame on you
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
anasazi
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:15:04 PM

Which ISP in Kenya is good? I wonder. Almost all of them have reliability issues. I wonder who we can trust! And dont say safcom... it costs an arm, a leg, and your other leg!
Form is temporary, class is permanent
kizee
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:21:25 PM

ive never realy had issues with zuku...but thats just me
masaibu
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:08:33 PM

Well Kai Wulf,

Wherever you are i bet you can see, i waned you when we paid for mobicams 360Degrees and your gurs supplied nonsence cams. it took us 2 months of haggling almost gong to court.

To all the victims of KDN scams pole sana, i suggest we start a consumer watch on this IT industry to bite where we can coz i recon that the CCK are either in their pockets or asleep.
bird_man
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:43:47 PM

My former company was on KDN fibre and I have never seen speeds like those,ever!
It's however true that they take a long time depending one whether you are considered a big client. Their customer care also does not answer calls and instead gives you ticket numbers.
All said and done....guess what...I have used Corporate AccessKenya,KDN and Safaricom Wimax....and I would still go back to KDN!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
gathinga
#8 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 6:21:17 AM

Sounds familiar. I bank with NIC bank and was very excited when they introduced this transfer from MPESA to account. Of late, things are not as rosy. Lots of time Transers are initiated and removed from your account (you cant acess the cash from ATM) yet they are not credited to MPESA for even three days. NIC have the courtesy to call and inform me that the link via KDN...is down. Whom do i believe? and what a lousy service
blackthought
#9 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 1:04:36 PM

muganda wrote:
Looo! this sounds like another @blackthought story. First it was him waiting for his Access @Home connection for I don't know how long... (what's the latest). Now Kenya Data Networks, thought they were the offering top speed thus also assumed top service.

CCK needs to start vetting the ads of this telecommunication companies. Everything is so attractive and glossy in the print press. Pole sana @alma - pray tell us more...

@Muganda, where can i even start.....?..it took me numerous calls to access kenyaa to get them to send a team over!!!!, what i really hated was how they always "forward" your call to the suitable dept..."installations"..."projects", etc (and btw, this is a landline you are calling from your mobile---F@#k!!!).

It has been over a month since i paid for the service, and now that they decided that they "cannot proceed with the installation", (after that looong wait) Now i am following up on my refund----another tedious and ridiculously loooong and unclear process!!!! No one emailed me with information of how i will receive my refund, or at least to keep me in the "loop" of what i need to do or who i need to contact, etc....NOTHING!!!!!

I have sent emails to their customer care dept, but nothing yet! i need that cash to try my luck with another ISP (ahem...perhaps Zuku---and thats kinda like 'jumping out of the frying pan into the fire' ---i hear the zuku guys have terrible customer care!!!!).

I can now verify that the ISPs in Kenya have been weighed and measured and have been found WANTING!!!!

safcom charge like 45,000/month for their 512kbps WIMAX connection btw!!!!HAHA! thats another joke, WTF is up with our ISPs?

who knows of a "Better Option" ...pun intended!!!
muganda
#10 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 1:22:21 PM

@blackthought STOOPPP. Tread carefully with Zuku, see my post on another thread...

muganda wrote:
@KulaRaha, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but...
Was a Zuku convert from day 1 before the fibres and all. Office made payment, guys came over to our office, measured something, came back again, searched for those invisible waves, came again and again and again. Three months later, nothing, asked for refund, 4 months later got it.

Hope the Wimax can now reach our office and tech guys decide to call them again...

The problem is last mile. This Wimax / Fiber require effort to reach your location; and a guy has to come with some tools. Hence why I read somewhere that Safaricom has 1.4million internet users, because 3G sorts out last mile. Solution: Orange (price) or Safaricom (speed) and you can be connected tomorrow.
blackthought
#11 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 1:43:16 PM

muganda wrote:
@blackthought STOOPPP. Tread carefully with Zuku, see my post on another thread...

muganda wrote:
@KulaRaha, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but...
Was a Zuku convert from day 1 before the fibres and all. Office made payment, guys came over to our office, measured something, came back again, searched for those invisible waves, came again and again and again. Three months later, nothing, asked for refund, 4 months later got it.

Hope the Wimax can now reach our office and tech guys decide to call them again...

The problem is last mile. This Wimax / Fiber require effort to reach your location; and a guy has to come with some tools. Hence why I read somewhere that Safaricom has 1.4million internet users, because 3G sorts out last mile. Solution: Orange (price) or Safaricom (speed) and you can be connected tomorrow.

@muganda, safaricom (speed-yes, cost---outrageous!), orange (good cost, but...) i need a reliable and sustainable solution for intense data! anything else?

Orange Nyumbani would be relatively good. BUT. They ask for too much personal info. they ask for your bank acount details+ PIN No. weeee!Shame on you they are part Govt. owned!

Imagine your shock to check your bank account balance and see 33% less!!!hehe! TAX! WTF?

Kenyan ISPs... Very Tricky!
anasazi
#12 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 2:24:36 PM

Well, where are you KulaRaha! Please fungua this ISP as soon as possible. I have also had it with ISPs! AK has disappointed me so much with their "you have maxed" excuses.... that I want to give ZUKU a second chance after they disappointed me a few months back.

By the way, AK have this bandwidth monitor... and everytime speeds are bad they disable your account! So you cant login! And they say passwords are changed every two weeks for security purposes! What do those guys take us for! Kubaff!
Form is temporary, class is permanent
blackthought
#13 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 2:36:52 PM

anasazi wrote:
Well, where are you KulaRaha! Please fungua this ISP as soon as possible.

Hmmm so Kularaha can come to our rescue? i see...where is Kularaha! do we need a "KulaRaha-Light" (like, gotham city's 'bat-light') to alert him? the citizens of "Gotham" need help! hehe! HAHA!

Or, who is willing to be our Batman? the role of 'Joker' has been snapped up by our current ISPs!!!Shame on you

Hehehe!.."why sooo serious?" Laughing out loudly
inf8nity
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:47:12 PM

anasazi wrote:
AK has disappointed me so much with their "you have maxed" excuses.... that I want to give ZUKU a second chance after they disappointed me a few months back.

By the way, AK have this bandwidth monitor... and everytime speeds are bad they disable your account! So you cant login! And they say passwords are changed every two weeks for security purposes! What do those guys take us for! Kubaff!

Anasazi do have some proof to back this? cause i've been with AK for 2yrs now and nothing like this has ever happened mind you i'm a very big torrent and limewire user!Shame on you So if its sumthin u had from ur friend try them 1st before coming up with such conlusionsLaughing out loudly
Drew
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 3:27:39 PM

i realized that there is no ISP that is good enough. The best option there can be is if safaricom would offer an unlimited plan. I'm in some rural area and internet is just fine
alma
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:21:22 AM

Just in case anyone is wondering

I have yet to have my issue fixed since I posted this.

I now have 6 ticket numbers from KDN. I have talked to 10 people and still do not have a reliable connection.

Today I got an invoice......

I am thinking of giving them a ticket number for their invoice.

Just unbelievable.

Let me say this again.

If you value your time and sanity, KEEP AWAY FROM KDN.

I have decided to be using those safcom and orange modems. They are expensive but at least I get my internet service.
wairegi
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:38:34 AM

alma

I am also there customer and i can attest that they have no customercare. They have some many quacks for contractors and they never reply to mails.

Forget about the tickets, once they connect you to support guy get his/her mobile and talk to teh guy directly.
blackthought
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:16:07 AM

alma wrote:
Just in case anyone is wondering

I have yet to have my issue fixed since I posted this.

I now have 6 ticket numbers from KDN. I have talked to 10 people and still do not have a reliable connection.

Today I got an invoice......

I am thinking of giving them a ticket number for their invoice.

Just unbelievable.

Let me say this again.

If you value your time and sanity, KEEP AWAY FROM KDN.

I have decided to be using those safcom and orange modems. They are expensive but at least I get my internet service.

@alma, wow, sorry about your problems with the KDN people...Customer care is key in any business, i think they have to place as much emphasis on customer care as they do on BILLING and INVOICING customers!!!, Looks like to KDN you are just another ***KSH, on their balance sheet!!! thats wrong, soo wrong!

Shame on you KDNShame on you

Infact, i think you should submit your post on the problem with KDN to the Daily Nation-'Watchman' column, i bet you will have their full and un-wavering attention!

The email address: watchman@nation.co.ke

We need a new/reliable ISP in the market, they need to change their M.O, asap!!!

Keep us in the loop on how things turn out.

Peace!
Zed
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:24:48 PM

@all of those out there who don't know what they are talking about!!!

KDN was one of the key players to bring fiber into Kenya, that same fiber that everybody was bickering about, and it has managed to expand their network to places you would never think of!

Yes customer support needs work, but rather than bog them down, why not suggest where to improve?? Every company starts of with problems...

I say congratulations to KDN for being the DATA carrier they started off wanting to be!!

Imagine Safaricom, AccessKenya, all the big players are on KDNs network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

where would we be without you KDN?
Pinket
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:29:01 PM

Wat...am shocked! You guys u dont know what ur talking about! We have 18 branches connected via KDN in TZ, UG, Rwanda and DRC and apparenlty we RANK KDN as the BEST....I cant even imagine the trouble we've had with AK...jeZZ IT WAS CRAZY....PLS do some research about KDN before any critics....Again to get the best services you must be willing to invest...CHEAP IS EXPENSIVE...Thanks to KDN for thier services they have really enabled growth!