wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Customer Service
Wendz
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:24:23 AM

There is this tea girl who is contracted to serve us tea in the office and we pay for what we consume at the end of the month. Her earlier employer was arrogant and mean and we hardly ever used to take tea... we used to go buy from a restaurant outside the office. When she took was given the contract after her employer passed on (RIP) things really changed. She is kind, she tries her best to keep us happy and serve us with a smile even when some of us sometimes act like jerks and give her a hell of a time. She has even introduced snacks which has gotten good response.

So this morning, (yeah, i know it is still early in the morning, i ordered for my tea as is usual. She just brought my tea, with a well folded foil with a well designed printed note stuck on top "Thank you. We feel honoured serving you. Happy Holidays" A piece of cake was wrapped inside!

I have felt so touched and reminded me how much we take our customers for granted.... Now tell me if i will ever stop taking her tea? Its the little things that count to a customer...... How do you treat yours?
anasazi
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:28:55 AM

Wow. Food for thought. Am not always nice to them. Especially when given hell.... Sometimes i give like for like. Not good
Form is temporary, class is permanent
Gordon Gekko
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:05:01 AM

There is a mama who sell fruits at the busstop where I pick my bus. I occassionally buy fruits from her. Sometime back I bought mangoes from her, and by the time I got to the last one three days later, I found it had gone bad.
When I next saw her, I casually mentioned that one of her mangoes was bad. No arguments, no debate, she gave me ksh 20 and apologized. Would I buy my fruits anywhere else?
selah
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:16:26 AM

Repeat business is maintained if the customer feel appreciated,small gestures like a smile ,politeness,honesty and some time discount go along way in cementing loyal customers.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Radiance
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:36:58 AM

@wendz at times customer service doesnt matter....so long as shes pretty ;-)
McReggae
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:48:59 AM

Wendz, that was great, I always try my best to have both my internal and external customers happy.
GG......three days later, the mango could have gone bad coz your kept it too long, can please kindly return the 20bob to that mama!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Wendz
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:36:18 AM

@Radiance

LOL.... that might work.. but only to guys... now for me....what would i have to do with a cute chick - I would either not notice and if she is that stunningly beautiful for me to notice, probably i would be too jealous to take her tea..smile

@Mcrg
I second you.... GG arudishe hiyo 20bob!! With interest..........

SonOfGod
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:50:19 AM

I agree
VituVingiSana
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:03:01 PM

If she is pretty & her tea/food sucks... but if she dishes... that is still the customer being serviced...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
JkMwatha
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:09:04 PM

GG rudisha hiyo twenty