wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
CFC Stanbic Financial 'lost' my documents
brightstar
#21 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 6:35:43 AM

Back in the days when IPOs were a hit and guys used to collect IDs from the lost and found notice boards all over town, it was very easy to open a CDSC account just for the IPO allocation advantage. Now the stockbrokers are trying to clear up this mess and hence their 'ridiculous' demands for customer details. Have you noticed that d&b even have cameras to capture the photos of anyone transacting at each counter- they actually tell you to face the camera for the photo.
Disclaimer... I don't work for a stockbroker or any of the institutions involved in this shenanigans.

kizee
#22 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 6:47:27 AM

so..i closed my account today..lets just say that cfcfs are the worst excuse for a brokerage..they tuk 2 days to process a chequ for an amnt they claimd was too small to be paid vide eft yet i was willing to pay for whatever charges wud be incurred for the eft...anyway its all gud...
Much Know
#23 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 3:55:54 PM

If you are looking for a new broker, equity are the best
A New Kenya
jawz1
#24 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 9:23:18 AM

LOL, have been away from blogging for a week and drama missed! I'm also a CFC Stanbic client but did not receive any letter or email from them about KYC. I think some of the points raised above are worth taking up with NSE; why do you need to declare your source of income? I still feel the new CEO wants all retail clientale out of his business and he remains with banks and so on.

Will wait to see if I get a letter now that they do not know who I am or where my funds are from. VVS, are we being asked if we get funds from Somali pirates?
"When the pupil is ready to learn, a teacher will appear." -- Zen proverb
VituVingiSana
#25 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 4:27:08 PM

Jawz: Income income is almost IRRELEVANT to my investing habits.

A jamaa who takes home 1mn/month can blow it all on wine, women & song... We all know jamaas who drive big cars, live in fancy houses, etc... lakini saves ZERO.

Anyway, my biggest fear is someone in a brokerage taking my info and selling it to a scammer, a conman in prison, kidnapper!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#26 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 4:30:44 PM

Has csfs put its house in order. Is its online system up and running now? Need to make hard decisions in the new year and cant afford an inefficient broker.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Scubidu
#27 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 5:27:18 PM

Was willing to overlook KYC on both the brokerage and bank (as a customer) but after a visit to CFC Stanbic today I realised that my savings account no. has changed again (12 digits now or extra zeros?). I think the CFC franchise will soon drive people away...still not settled with system.

And trying to take more money from me, no more free statements on my chequing account...aaahhhh. Turns out some ATMs have more functions than others;e.g., Sarit ATM vs town ATMs, Sarit has no mini-statement capability and the old cfc town ATMs on most weekends don't give receipts. This bank is getting on my nerves.
“We are the middle children of history man, no purpose or place. We have no great war, no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives!" – Tyler Durden
VituVingiSana
#28 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 8:06:04 PM

@scubidu - Join the crowd. I was with CFC Bank... stanbic messed me up... now with I&M Bank (there are others here as well).

Also check out other banks that are customer service oriented.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett