wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
CFC Stanbic Financial 'lost' my documents
VituVingiSana
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:03:34 AM

What a crock of shyte!

CFC Stanbic Financial was unable to trace my Account Opening documents (plus other details/letters) & asked me to provide fresh documents.

I am so pissed off at CFC Stanbic (the bank & the broker).

Is it just my bad luck with them or have others faced similar problems?

How do I know my documents (copies of ID, etc) are safe at CFC Stanbic?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
JeanLucPiccard
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:02:40 AM

Wow.. Sorry my guy. Thats just gross negligence.
VituVingiSana
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:38:12 AM

Kwani they sent them to the nexus?

If they are genuinely lost... yaani, destroyed... sawa... lakini how do I know some jamaa buying roasted maize does not get my documents as wrapping?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gordon Gekko
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:46:30 AM

I also seem to be developing impatience with them. The online system has been down for a while, emails take at least a day to be responded to....
I just don't know which broker to transfer to, as I get the impression that they are all the same.
Which account are they asking you for details for? The broking account?
kizee
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:41:08 AM

VVS

just back from cfcfs,they lost my details too i had sold shares and they said they cant giv me the cheque until i provide the details including a utility bill and another list of paraphanelia...please note i worked at the bank for 5 years odd so all these details are at theyr disposal...theyr KYC requirements are ridiculous
FundamentAli
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:06:35 PM

I also recieved a letter with the heading KYC. Got a little confused as had done away with my old junky. I had to call them and ask them what the problem was. Luckily, I am recent customer and most of my info is in the system. I still have to give them some additional information. They say that they had a system upgrade. There must be a Wazuaji at CFC.
minto
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:38:58 PM

For an investment account with 2.5mm i just have had it with them.
1. They have misplaced my deposit three times since they upgraded systems.
2. I submitted a buy order and they processed a sell. My buy order clearly stated by shares which i did not own in the portfolio.
3. They duplicated my buy order.
4. Their online system is down.

Now i here about KYC. Those docs were submitted when accounts were opened, they have a nerve.

Can somebody post chris mwebesa's email so that we can write to him. Theyre seems to be a big problem which unless addressed will result in flight to other brokers. Problem is all brokers are the same....
May be if they continue accumulating losses heads will roll.

Happy investing.
Hi-Lo
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:48:54 PM

...seems it's only me these CFC guys are serving properly...haven't filled their KYC...but I am buying/selling hustle free even today...the nasty fictitious queues seems to have gone with the guy they sacked who I suspect was an avid SK blogger who'd blog instead of posting orders ...anyhow because I am new transferee they know I can move...again...
VituVingiSana
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:11:49 PM

Hi-Lo: Just wait a few months...
mdosi
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:03:51 PM

These guys have become so useless that i had to move to sterling investment bank. I made a comment a while back about their poor service on the 'kq up up' thread after their inefficiencies made me miss KQ at ksh 21. I went there to protest when i received their letter on KYC requirements since i had submitted most of the documents earlier this year when i moved there. They alleged that they were updating clients details but how do you update ID copies and company certificates? I threw in the towel when credit uploads from their own bank(cfcstanbic) started taking up to a week while action on emails took at least 2days. The long queues did help either. All the best to all those still trading with them.
It's amazing what you can achieve when you get rid of fear.
Gordon Gekko
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:10:07 AM

How come they havent asked me for KYC? The online system seems to have been revived, was able to log in this morning, but wonder if any orders are being processed through it.
wote
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:25:49 AM

What i found to be utterly stupid is that i used an overseas address when opening the account with them,meaning they know i live abroad.They are now asking for a utility bill, copy of my passport and a bank statement to prove source of income.
This can not be the duties of an investment bank, its upto the police to ask for such documentation when they suspect criminal activities.
Anyway to cut a long story short, i just transfered my account to Kingdom Securities.
VituVingiSana
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:56:29 AM

@wote - Ati, bank statement to prove source of income???

I invest my SAVINGS not my 'income'. When was the last time Warren Buffett used his 'income' to buy stocks?
VituVingiSana
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:58:27 AM

Can you imagine giving all this information to CFCSFS???

What if an employee takes all this information (including the bank statement) & sends it the nigerian (or even kenyan) scammer?

They can create a fake identity. Sell your stocks, cash your dividends...
Mwedi
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:39:04 AM

@VituVingiSana

You are not alone. I personally took my documents as requested and I was given a document to confirm receipt.

A few days later, someone called me from there asking me if I had delivered the required documents. I was not very kind to the caller as I explained that I personally delivered them. That did not stop them from calling again in connection with the documents. Do not ask me what happened after that because they never even bothered to call to tell me wheter they ever found them.

Lately I have found that I am unable to access my account to see details or make buy/sell orders. I walked to their office and was told that someone is working on the website. I could not understand why that someone could not think of putting up a flag to inform those concerned that there was "maintenance work in progress" instead of allowing one to log in only to be informed that password is not valid.
shalishali
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:03:24 PM

What is this KYC stuff? CFC Financial are my brokers and have not asked me for any details/documents.I humbly request someone to please enlighten me on this.
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
wote
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:05:22 PM

@shali KYC am informed by one Mr Nduati means KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER and you are give a deadline which actually is 18th December, 2009 in which you are expected to have submitted personal documentations/data to them.
shalishali
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:05:09 PM

Thanks wote. Seems I will definately not beat that deadline if they still require more documents from me, I hope their email is working
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
nesta
#19 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 6:19:27 AM

Thanks guys for this info. I've always know CFC life to be quite slow, but i always thought that the stockbroking division was far better
On Christ Alone
willin2learn
#20 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 6:23:03 AM

High heavens! and i was just about to walk there. sasa mtu arudi kwenye alikuwa?