wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Essar ltd
mlefu
#1 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2009 8:06:47 AM

noticed that Zain no longer puts up adverts, last time i checked, the mother company was up for sale and zain is to outsource most of its operations. have also noticed that YU is now available country wide using Zain Routes, the mother company was among the very 1st companies to apply for operation license in Kenya but were mistreated ..after all that..i am thinking Essar is here with a bung and they are the ones buying Zain.. i could be wrong but if i am not..what would that do to the communication business in Kenya..put the Indians in the picture.
VituVingiSana
#2 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2009 8:21:58 AM

@mlefu - What is a 'Zain Route'?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sokomjinga
#3 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2009 11:05:43 AM

@Mlefu

You have a point. If Essar buys "Zain" then the other providers - Safcom + Orange) will have something to fear (Zain+Yu), which will definitely have a better pricing across the country. Those guys will be able to force the prices in the telecommunication's industry down. They have already had some experience in their home-country, india. The winners (callers) and losers (shareholders) will be Kenyans.
Taunet Neelel ..... New Beginning .....
anasazi
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 05, 2009 8:37:54 AM

The big question is... Will Kenyans be willing to change networks? Ama this is a marathon? Net in new subscribers and then build up from there? I'm thinking if the idea of number portability went through, this would be the deciding factor in shaking Safcom's base to the core.
Form is temporary, class is permanent
selah
#5 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 11:23:49 AM

Yu has been using zains basestation since inception i think they entered an agreement which was to help them beat safaricom interms of coverage.

A source once told me that Yu was to cost share some of the base stations with Zain

'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3