wazua Thu, May 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Plan to Censure PM
Jaina
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 3:07:36 AM

The Plan by the so called RV MPs to censure RAO is doomed to fail. These fellows are just confirming our fears that they are selfish lunatics with no other agenda execpt their shameless personal gains.

It is Sad that the president is as always mum on the issue.
cmk
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 4:46:43 AM

it will definately fail..sometimes i wonder at the kind of tribal leaders kenyans continue to glorify.shame on all these faces of the future as balala called them.
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
simonkabz
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:17:59 AM

Wee jaina, kibz akibonga ataharibu bwana. Please let the old man keep his mouth shut, ama unataka kusikia 'kubaff'?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Kamaa
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:32:11 AM

but they are doomed...even if they censor him well kenyans are not naive anymore..
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
nostoppingthis
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:36:38 AM

The National Accord signed by the two Princiles makes it very difficult for that motion to go through. Mau eviction is ratified by GOK, and as supervisor and coordinator RAO is only doing his job..RV MPs dont seem to have grasped the issue here, most of them have acres of land within the Mau forest, this could be what they are protecting (by targetting to demand compensation of land received for "free")Shame on you
Ngalaka
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:36:59 AM

Very little in our parliament is issue oriented. Much of it is just plain old politics. We have had about two other censure motions in the 10th parliament all politics driven.
Railas posturing towards both was cagey - and dishonesty.
Remember how he played Kimunya.
Orengo his side kick feigned naivety about what figure stamp duty is based on as he deliberately misled the country on the sale price and the parties to the sale.

Equally this latest motion to censure Raila isnt entirely based on sound principles, but heck - Raila is not a stranger in perpetuating these games.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Layman
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:48:07 AM

I think I would rather have River Sondu Miriu flowing continuously even if it means the Rt Honorable Raila being voted out by kalenjin Mpigs. Even though I doubt if this censure motion from Kalenjin MPigs will be anything. Why are they referred to as rift valley Mpigs, they are basically kalenjin Mpigs in RV
DonBen
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:54:31 AM

Ngalaka wrote:
Very little in our parliament is issue oriented. Much of it is just plain old politics. We have had about two other censure motions in the 10th parliament all politics driven.
Railas posturing towards both was cagey - and dishonesty.
Remember how he played Kimunya.
Orengo his side kick feigned naivety about what figure stamp duty is based on as he deliberately misled the country on the sale price and the parties to the sale.

Equally this latest motion to censure Raila isnt entirely based on sound principles, but heck - Raila is not a stranger in perpetuating these games.

@ Ngalaka

There is nothing like RAO being cagey and dishonest in censure motions so far brought to the floor of parliament.Your attempt at re-writting history cannot be let to pass without a challenge.

First off, in bunge, all members bear a vote each. And in this grand coalition, party loyalty bears very little meaning. RAO's vote is not any different from the rest of the MPs.

Secondly, Kimunya was found 'unfit to hold a public office' by a parliamentary committee. Before that, he had insulted MPs as engaging in bar talk. He also belittled those who opposed the safaricom IPO with he said 'NSE is not a fish market'. He also lied to the country about the irregular sale of the grand regency hotel until Orengo blew the whistle! His own arrogance did him in.

Thirdly, when all investigations were completed, it turned out that the National Strategic Reserve maize that Agriculture minister William Ruto was being accused of selling at throw-away prices was actually a department under the Ministry of Special Programmes, with absolutely no connection to Rutos ministry. Infact, it turned out Ruto's censure motion was aimed at splitting the ODM, just as the politics of the day has been twisted and the MAU relocations are now splitting the party ODM. Do you see the common thread?

MPs are simply not making good use their legislative power to make this country better. MPs are not making good use of the Prime Ministers question time to hold government / executive to account. MPs are not accountable to anyone and most of the time use their people given mandate for horse-trading and trivial politicking. That is where the problem lies. Perhaps a re-call clause is coming too late into the history of Kenya!

The local tribunal bill is a prime example of how the 10th parliament has let down the country. You cannot blame the PM for the failure of constituting a local tribunal, just like Imanyara is doing, can you?
Intelligentsia
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:59:29 AM

We should look at it for what it is - abuse of office and misuse of the Censure process for selfish gains by the planners..aka good old impunity.

Misuse because they are using their position to advance their own selfish interests (protection of their Mau plots, 2012 polls) at the expense of national good (preservation of a water tower which is a govt policy they themselves endorsed). I think these RV Mpigs are pure rubbish and hypocritical, they have an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Someone needs to prick this inflated ego balloon like yesterday...Ocampo uko wapi?! RAO should not budge at all, and it is gratifying that in this the public is solidly behind him. Lets pass this draft and invoke that recall clause pronto.
McReggae
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 8:19:50 AM

Can we stop calling these thugs as RV MPigss as someone suggested coz not all Mpigs from RV are advancing the same!!!!
Secondly these people seem to forget that the National Accord was signed between Raila and Kibaki and not the PM and the President!!!!.....ignorant fools I might add!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Ngalaka
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 8:34:17 AM

@DonBen

I hear you brother.
However we need to be a little more discerning, candid and dispassionate when dealing with any of these politicians who are wont at (mis)using us for their parochial political schemes.

My point was and still is - in dealing with Kimunya Raila was dishonest.
As you put it, Kimunya was roasted not because of his actions regarding the Grand Regency saga, but because of politics - issues of fish market mumbo jumbo. Pity is, that is not what was on the parliaments order paper for which Kimunya was to be judged upon!!!!
When Rutos motion was on the floor, Raila conveniently stayed out of parliament.
Ruto himself decried Railas lack of support then on this matter.
Raising isues of hidden hand working to divide ODM is a tired cliche.
ODM is disintegrating out of inernal 'hard-love' - which predates Mau issue. It must sound sweet to blame every body else but self.

Did I hear you try to white wash the maize scandal by Ruto on the one hand and Raila on the other!!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Ondiek
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 8:34:52 AM

At this rate we should not even consider a parliamenatry system of Governace as the MPs will simply misuse it to set political scores rather than for the good of the country.
Jaina
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:15:32 PM

Regardless of what RAO has done in the past, we should support what he is doing at the present. Kibaki should also declare publicly his support for the PM. The next thing they should just reshuffle the cabinet and give Ruto Envioroment Docket. Better still kick him out of cabinet all together.

At some point, we will need Development minded dictator to lead us. This democracy thing doesnt seem to be working.
B.Timer
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:30:41 PM

@Mcreggae
The accord was signed by President Kibaki for the Government of Kenya and Raila for ODM.
Anything else is stretching the truth.
@Ondiek
Couldn’t agree more. MPs are guns for hire. Can’t trust them beyond a certain extend.
@Jaina
I am cautiously ok with the benevolent dictator bit.
But about blinding ourselves to Raila past stand points on issues is as insincere as it is contradictory.
Dunia ni msongamano..
McReggae
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 1:25:07 PM

B. Timer,
Man the agreement was never between ODM and GoK......it was between the two principals, if you one for ODM and the other for PNU then I might be tempted to agree, as it stands who is the ODM leader???.....these Mpigs should therefore change the leadership of ODM first!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
B.Timer
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 1:43:03 PM

@Mcreggae

Just get a copy of the accord and look at it Mzee.
Forget the Rv MPs their agenda is different.
Dunia ni msongamano..
FundamentAli
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 1:59:16 PM

Kibe Muigai yesterday said the National accord is between ODM and PNU and not the principals. He said the parliament can get another PMpig if it passes a vote of no confidence on him by a simple majority as spelt out in the accord. How true is this? Does this give Arap Milosevic a chance to PMpig?
B.Timer
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 2:37:51 PM

@Fundamentali
Of course the premier position is not for Raila the person. It is for the ODM party leader. The current party leader is Raila. If Raila were to lose the censure motion - a long shot anyway - it would be incumbent on ODM to give us a name for their party leader to take up the role.
Raila would not let Ruto get any where near the position. May be the beneficiary here would be Mudavadi.
But then all this is mere wishful thinking.
Dunia ni msongamano..
kinkos
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 3:05:07 PM

Rutto and his team of crooks will hit a dead end by Friday.What is ROA for...sack all of them and give the benderas to the following:

Musa Sirma-Agriculture
Langat Margarer-Roads
Hassan Ali Joho-Tourism
Some Mohammed (they are many)-Ministry of North Eastern Affairs

Uhuru Kenyatta should apologies to Kenyans...His late father owns land equivalent to Nyanza Province.He was the originator of squatter problems in this country.It is time they gave up some or all the chunks they hold and stop their silly manouvers.

nostoppingthis
#20 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 3:24:28 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
@DonBen

I hear you brother.
However we need to be a little more discerning, candid and dispassionate when dealing with any of these politicians who are wont at (mis)using us for their parochial political schemes.

My point was and still is - in dealing with Kimunya Raila was dishonest.
As you put it, Kimunya was roasted not because of his actions regarding the Grand Regency saga, but because of politics - issues of fish market mumbo jumbo. Pity is, that is not what was on the parliaments order paper for which Kimunya was to be judged upon!!!!
When Rutos motion was on the floor, Raila conveniently stayed out of parliament.
Ruto himself decried Railas lack of support then on this matter.
Raising isues of hidden hand working to divide ODM is a tired cliche.
ODM is disintegrating out of inernal 'hard-love' - which predates Mau issue. It must sound sweet to blame every body else but self.

Did I hear you try to white wash the maize scandal by Ruto on the one hand and Raila on the other!!

@ Ngalaka...You seem like a very bitter individual towards RAO. Its all in the way youo'd like to see it, but saving Mau is the ultimate price here