wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
if Wazua is the answer - can we have our question back?
Djinn
#1 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 1:27:43 PM

Sorry but after some brief reflection, this feels like a house where the furniture, crockery and cutlery have really been moved around such that you find the toilet brush in the kitchen, a dinner set stored with clothes, etc. Long and short, this is rather hard to navigate.

Also, I find it hard to see my sk buddies - I see SOME posts but miss that old interface.

Feedback - like googlemail and yahoo - pls have an option to view in the "native format" - the green screen we have become so accustomed to...or keep the old site and just have a link here saying...go to the original SK.

Melding SK into Wazua will cause some attrition.

Also, this loads as fast as a 1914 locomotive leaving the station.

My two old school bits
Layman
#2 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 1:32:18 PM

This is too slow. I cant even find my portfolio of stocks, where are they?
akowally
#3 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 1:32:52 PM

I agree with the idea of the option for native view...for the rest of the changes, I am sure we'll get around them
JOIN MY FREE MINI-COURSE FOR WRITERS. CLICK HERE
Noble
#4 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 1:35:16 PM

Sad Sad Sad @Djin
You are not alone.I just wish this thing was a bad dream and then wake up to find the sk that am addicted to.

Will i ever get used to this site?Sad Sad
Djinn
#5 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 1:43:56 PM

@akowally - actually they could make the "transition" better by allowing us to revert from time to time, to the old site. Sort of like acclimatisation - that way if we feel we only have abt 5% RAM to spare (like on a Monday morning) and therefore cannot really navigate wazua - then we can go into "terminal mode" i.e. SK.

Then, on that day of the week, when we have abt 95% RAM - the day of the week "other discussions" really thrives - then we can come back and poke around...so if they can allow such a transition period, say abt 45 days, then perhaps we can get cosy.

I'm also trying to think of SK members who have taken a "sabbatical" - when they come back, they sure will be surprised and this site will be riddled with "WTF? WTF? Who moved my cheese?"

One decent thing though is that you can click on a member and see his stats (currently SO incorrect) and also the last few posts they have made.

And unlike SK, we can now specify gender and all cease to be Semenyalicous members.

Now, let me try out a smiley....Shame on you
Much Know
#6 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 1:50:30 PM

If you follow this link you get to a place almost like the old sk, if they just add the various discussions on the side, i guess it will be OK for some. I don't know how i got there and what button to press, i am using the back button to return to the page:
http://www.wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=topics&f=1
A New Kenya
Magigi
#7 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 2:08:14 PM

...Eneyewe...this feels like fish cast out of water!!!. The old SK was rich in colour and layout. PLEASE PUT THE RESPONSES IN A BOX OR WAS IT A TRIANGLE LIKE IT WAS IN SK. That way it makes one feel like there is some interaction. You could see who ahs posted and immediately get back... but now....
Magigi
#8 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 2:11:10 PM

...Hii search engine sasa imeenda wapi?
Kamaa
#9 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 2:39:26 PM

hey comrades we cannot afford to wholesalily trash all the good things that have come with the wazua at least lets be flexible and welcome change..
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
Ngalaka
#10 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 2:53:11 PM

I am depressed Without the SK that I am used to.
categories are 101 plus.

To find threads is like navigating your way in a hundred room house.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 2:58:03 PM

The whiners on SK/wazua... act like they pay a fee to access the site...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Wally5
#12 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 2:59:31 PM

feel like im on mashada. Pesa imemwagwa.... If it aint broke dont try to fix it.@vvs yenyewe you hav a point but remember that the ads posted(read revenue) on this site are directed at us thus i feel we are not wrong to complain. especially at change this drastic. p.s im aslo against ranking members ie newbie,veteran etc. We should be able to have civlized discourse as equals
slammers
#13 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 3:10:19 PM

There is still some good with wazua bt sk still rocks
wanyina
#14 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 3:26:55 PM

Please bring back the old siteSK..This site is like a ransacked house invaded by thugs at night..you cannot visualise or find nothing located at its place.Is it only advertsements?? we gonna be reading only??..Please bring back the stockmarket detailed forums.. bring back the archives of Watchlist portfolio that way yr will win get all yr customers back....
simonkabz
#15 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 4:14:47 PM

Kwani akowally na kamaa wamelipwa? This isnt the Sk we have known 4so many years bwana. Maybe u guys hadnt bonded with the former interface. We would hav loved a renovation of sk, bt anyway, maybe its just business, maybe site was sold, maybe im stressed...maybe im alone in ths....maybe...Btw, the biggest hitch is u cant get everything on the homepage lyk b4. Mpaka ufanye some bush navigation....n the colour....n the name....Simply not appealing, has a mashada feel.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
nanfor1
#16 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 5:12:52 PM

simon

you hit it on the head. sk was sold.

Who sells a domain name that ranks on the net? Only a wazua.

who has pink...my goodness pink.. websites...only a wazua

I demand sk back and my password as well..
Hata wakizima taa
murenj
#17 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 5:23:51 PM

d'oh! Hi wazua inaongezea mawazo mingi sana. Sasa wapi hio watch list? Na hizo graphs zimeachwa wapi? Sasa hata sisi tutanyoa hiyo reli na to pass vote of no confidence kwa hii maneno yote. Ala!
Fundaah
#18 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 7:07:17 PM

Total crap in the name and color. Dispay of impunity by former sk.pride comes before crash.insensitive.only the so called elders and veterans may be happy excluding me.ive refered friends to sk but i dont think i would on this wazua crap
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Jacob Zuma
#19 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 7:26:40 PM

I may be wrong guys
but the new wazua thing is a bore
sorry to use the language, but honestly, i wanted something more friendly and moere insightiful
and who said i had a problem with the old SK anyway?
guys, lets doa hybrid between the old and the new, not just jump to new stuff.
true, i may be a conservative, but that too radical a change
and dont penalise me cos i hear you have started penalties
but the thing aibt attractive at all
aint friendly either
sumuni
#20 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 8:48:44 PM

to all whining, assume that all along up until friday last week all you knew was wazua.co.ke as it is now. then come monday you log into stockskenya.com as it was before: what would be your reaction? however feels like having to use yahoo/MSN search engine when you are used to the simple google interface.
It is a curious fact that of all the illusions that beset mankind, none is quite as curious as that tendency to suppose that we are mentally and morally superior to those who differ from us in opinion.