wazua Wed, May 22, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
ICEA education Policy vs Fixed deposit
Ali Baba
#21 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 10:37:00 AM

CRL

Please visit the CBK website at.....WWW.CENTRALBANK.GO.KE and learn more about bonds.Happy/successful investing.Regards.

Ali Baba
J.J
#22 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 9:04:00 PM

Ali baba

those ins. companies needs to make money to. thats why they sell dreams.

CRL.

what happens when your kid clears form four and he wants to be a barber,mechanic,busboy etc and decides not to go university do you get your money back?????? No punt intended not everyone want to go to college. can this policy be transfered. there is alot that needs to be asked before you commit.

stop complaining and start a revolution
small leaks do sink great ships...
oteve
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 6:55:00 AM

J J

I dont really understand how the icea policy works but will tell about the one I understand by britak the chq is not paid to the school but the policy owner who is the parent so even if you dont want to educate ur kid u can drink all the money

Dignityis everything keep it intact
Ali Baba
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:11:00 AM

JJ

Yeah,that's a dream.Buying a dream.Those policies are not worth the paper they are written on.

Ali Baba
J.J
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2009 7:16:00 PM

Alibaba

A salesman just sells. The buyer should make sure he gets the value. Further more if the buyer walks away the seller will have to change the price or the product.

stop complaining and start a revolution
small leaks do sink great ships...
Ali Baba
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2009 5:48:00 AM

Its called CAVEAT EMPTOR.Buyer beware.

Ali Baba
mukiha
#27 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 9:18:00 AM

@Ali Baba;

You are quite harsh on the insurance companies when you write 'Those policies are not worth the paper they are written on.'

The policy pays back all the money injected plus interest [albeit small when compared to other investment avenues]. But the key is not to treat it as an INVESTMENT.

It is not; indee,ICEA does not even call the earnings 'interest'; it calls them 'bonuses'.

You will know that an education policy is worth more than the paper it is printed on when your relative dies and you have to support his/her kids with school fees...just because the parent did not have education insurance.

One thing that must be emphasised is that and education policy [or any other insurance policy for that matter] is NOT an investment!!! Therefore it should NEVER be compared to investments like shares,bonds,real eastate and the like.

For that reason,one shuld only inject a small amount of money into the insurance AND invest into other avenues as usual.

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mtaalam
#28 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 11:22:00 AM

My advice,get an education policy for your child whatever else you have on top you can use to gamble with on stocks. I'm doing the same with Jubilee and I'm not complaining. I know I have higher returns investment options available but I've decided this is the wisest option.

Bright and interesting people talk about ideas.
Those of average intelligence talk about things.
Stupid people talk about other people.
oteve
#29 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 11:37:00 AM

Mukiha na mtaaalam mungekuwa karibu mgekunywa moja baridi you have reasoned like schooled kenyans

mfisadi
#30 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 11:56:00 AM

Insurance is aimed at reducing risks..like for that ICEA education plan,if u kick the bucket before the policy term is over ICEA continues paying your premiums for the remaining policy term which to me seems totally worth it when my kids education is at stake.

I havent heard of escalation on premiums for such insurance plan...av only heard it on the Unit Linked products which are partly insurance and partly investment
Ali Baba
#31 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 12:05:00 PM

MUKIHA,

I've learn't not to trust companies with their products.Theirs is business.Read profits for shareholders.Personally,I don't believe in education insurance.What I have is a slush fund for my kids schooling plus a will and an executor should I kick the bucket.I think the end justifies the means.Maybe same results but differents routes to kids schooling.

Ali Baba
Ali Baba
#32 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 12:11:00 PM

MUKIHA

On second thoughts,maybe I should buy some stocks in an insurance company so that I get some dividends from your insurace money,ha ! I guess those policies now are worth more than just paper !!! Calling my broker.........

Ali Baba
mukiha
#33 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 12:37:00 PM

@Ali Baba;

You are not serious,are you?

If you are,then you have not understood my point.

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
oteve
#34 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 12:41:00 PM

Kutoka leo mtu asijiite skrian na hajua tofauti ya insurance na investment what are guys doing on this site I thot this is not a political site where pple just tlk hgwash without proof

Ali Baba
#35 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 5:38:00 PM

MUKIHA,

I'm serious and I understand your point.I don't need insurance to help me pay for my kids school.Well,I just bought my shares in an insurance company.I'd like you guys to keep buying policies.Our business is to sell dreams to 'gullible' kenyans. Warren Buffet says he loves insurance companies.....because they are in business of selling 'hot air' to its customers.

OTEVE

You buy your insurance if it serves you well.But just understand its not everyone who needs it.Though your premium payments serves shareholders well.We luv your money.

Ali Baba