Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Rate Kingdom Securities
Akenyan2014
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:23:29 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:
jerry wrote:
@shrewdinvestor, Did you really mean that KSL have an online trading system?

I meant KSL did not have online platform. I run away to SBG and have found it convenient, hata kwa watu wa county.

When you deposit money on MPESA or CFC bank it reflects on your cds account balance the next day

Pay requests seems to take an average of 48 hours though, but satisfactory

They used to share some research on some counters, it has been long since I saw that though. They send a daily NSE report with pricelist attached.

When there is a system error you can place your order through email.

But if you good people have a better broker I'll be happy to know and possibly upgrade

Order through email? To a specific account manager, ama?

When the OST limits your trading price you simply write to their customer care on ost@stanbic.com (for SBG) giving your cds acc. and they promptly place the order for you. I visited their agents last week for the first time since 2011 when I had issues with my account. The rest has been Mpesa, their CFC acc and my stanchart acc. email and wazua to learn from the wazee called elders
Boris Boyka
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:44:50 PM

Akenyan2014 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:
jerry wrote:

I meant KSL did not have online platform. I run away to SBG and have found it convenient, hata kwa watu wa county.

When you deposit money on MPESA or CFC bank it reflects on your cds account balance the next day

They used to share some research on some counters, it has been long since I saw that though. They send a daily NSE report with pricelist attached.

But if you good people have a better broker I'll be happy to know and possibly upgrade

When the OST limits your trading price you simply write to their customer care on ost@stanbic.com (for SBG) giving your cds acc. and they promptly place the order for you. I visited their agents last week for the first time since 2011 when I had issues with my account. The rest has been Mpesa, their CFC acc and my stanchart acc. email and wazua to learn from the wazee called elders

I also place orders through email courtesy of
info@Suntra.co.ke & copy to anthonywachira@suntra.co.ke and are normally executed. Of course if systems happen to be down it's a challenge like OST. The email you use must be the one in cds acc registration details.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Akenyan2014
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:44:25 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:
jerry wrote:

info@Suntra.co.ke & copy to anthonywachira@suntra.co.ke and are normally executed. Of course if systems happen to be down it's a challenge like OST. The email you use must be the one in cds acc registration details.

What could be the tx charges @ suntra? I am looking for a 2nd broker to be perusing my passport while sbg holds on to my id. i see 1.8-2% for sbg.
Boris Boyka
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 9:13:53 PM

Akenyan2014 wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:
jerry wrote:

What could be the tx charges @ suntra? I am looking for a 2nd broker to be perusing my passport while sbg holds on to my id. i see 1.8-2% for sbg.

Same 1.8-2.1%. I think these charges are same
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
kumbafu
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 12:01:28 AM

Mart_Consult wrote:
One thing I advise those new to stocks is this: never use Banks to trade Securities for one simple reason, stock-broking is not their core business! Thus, they won't/haven't suitably invested in their staff...or their systems!
Stockbroking: earns them 1.2% margin (low volumes)
Credit/loans: earns them at least 12% margin (high-higher volumes)

Think of it this way: Investment banks and pure- stockbrokers are the only one who may give you the attention you deserve- they have invested in systems and people (these are the engine parts of any business)

Key thing is build a relationship with them (brokerage) and it will blossom. Wazuans will tell you that.

Online platforms, good. Have to know what you are doing though so as to avoid temperamental trading.

@Mart_Consult. You're very right about the need to avoid bank-controlled brokers. As for me, I never went to KSL by choice. I used to have my CDS a/c at Discount Securities (DSL) but when they went under, I don't know how my a/c ended up with KSL. The only thing I knew then was that I may not have had other options regarding the transfer of my a/c after DSL's collapse because I'm a Diaspora investor - and being outside Kenya is the reason I'm still stuck with KSL. I also thought I could give them the benefit of doubt in spite of the unpleasant experiences other investors have been subjected to. For one, KSL wants you to place your orders through emails and this is where problems begin. They will never give you updates regarding your orders and even when you write to them to inquire about orders, they simply ignore your emails. My assumption is that they know you're miles away and as such you can't do anything much. They therefore keep you in the dark as far as the status of your transactions is concerned.

My question is, is there a way one can transfer the a/c from one broker to another without being physically present in Kenya? Second, are there brokers you can recommend for Diaspora investors and who can execute orders without much hassle and without one having to beg to be provided with a service as is the case with KSL?

Pesa Nane
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:09:05 AM

kumbafu wrote:
Mart_Consult wrote:
One thing I advise those new to stocks is this: never use Banks to trade Securities for one simple reason, stock-broking is not their core business! Thus, they won't/haven't suitably invested in their staff...or their systems!

Think of it this way: Investment banks and pure- stockbrokers are the only one who may give you the attention you deserve- they have invested in systems and people (these are the engine parts of any business)

Key thing is build a relationship with them (brokerage) and it will blossom. Wazuans will tell you that.

Online platforms, good. Have to know what you are doing though so as to avoid temperamental trading.

@Mart_Consult. You're very right about the need to avoid bank-controlled brokers. As for me, I never went to KSL by choice. I used to have my CDS a/c at Discount Securities (DSL) but when they went under, I don't know how my a/c ended up with KSL. The only thing I knew then was that I may not have had other options regarding the transfer of my a/c after DSL's collapse because I'm a Diaspora investor - and being outside Kenya is the reason I'm still stuck with KSL. I also thought I could give them the benefit of doubt in spite of the unpleasant experiences other investors have been subjected to. For one, KSL wants you to place your orders through emails and this is where problems begin. They will never give you updates regarding your orders and even when you write to them to inquire about orders, they simply ignore your emails. My assumption is that they know you're miles away and as such you can't do anything much. They therefore keep you in the dark as far as the status of your transactions is concerned.

My question is, is there a way one can transfer the a/c from one broker to another without being physically present in Kenya? Second, are there brokers you can recommend for Diaspora investors and who can execute orders without much hassle and without one having to beg to be provided with a service as is the case with KSL?

kumbafu what you are asking is all possible. HOWEVER, transferring your CDS Account from one (inefficient) agent to another will be PAINFUL, just open another Account. FYI, you can have the same CDS Account Number with different agents (brokers) and have both operating simultaneously (Easily your best option).
1. Scan Passport and Notarize
2. Scan residence visa and notarize
3. Scan utility bill and notarize
4. Your bank-signed and stamped account statement
5. Scan your completed SBG Securities Account opening form (available online for download)
6. Email all documents to SBG and send hard copies through mail. Your account will be ready in a day or two.
Deposits and payments can be done through RTGS / Swift or even M-Pesa.
Buy / Sell orders: you will upload directly online through the ITrader, no questions asked.

Profitable investing. smile
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
kumbafu
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:35:44 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
kumbafu wrote:
Mart_Consult wrote:

kumbafu what you are asking is all possible. HOWEVER, transferring your CDS Account from one (inefficient) agent to another will be PAINFUL, just open another Account. FYI, you can have the same CDS Account Number with different agents (brokers) and have both operating simultaneously (Easily your best option).
5. Scan your completed SBG Securities Account opening form (available online for download)
6. Email all documents to SBG and send hard copies through mail. Your account will be ready in a day or two.
Buy / Sell orders: you will upload directly online through the ITrader, no questions asked.

@Pesa Nane. Thanks a lot for the information. That's the kind of advice I've been looking for. I'd certainly go ahead and open another account with SBG and then see how things would work out. I want to believe that SBG will turn out to be more efficient because I can't stand any more mistreatment by brokers - KSL has already pushed me to the limit.

Regarding the transfer of my shares from KSL, will it become any easier after I open an account with SBG? I don't mind it taking a while to be effected as long as it can be done.
Pesa Nane
#28 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 11:57:30 AM

kumbafu wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
kumbafu wrote:
Mart_Consult wrote:

@Pesa Nane. Thanks a lot for the information. That's the kind of advice I've been looking for. I'd certainly go ahead and open another account with SBG and then see how things would work out. I want to believe that SBG will turn out to be more efficient because I can't stand any more mistreatment by brokers - KSL has already pushed me to the limit.

Regarding the transfer of my shares from KSL, will it become any easier after I open an account with SBG? I don't mind it taking a while to be effected as long as it can be done.

Once you have the account you need not ever talk to them. Everything in online-place buy/sell orders, print statements, portfolio value, order status, live market watch, intra day trades, payment request etc
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Bias
#29 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 12:59:40 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:
jerry wrote:

I agree stockbrokers and investment banks are best placed for advisory and brokerage services. With a good rapport with your broker you can as well place orders with a phone call. (coming from a broker)
shrewdinvestor
#30 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 3:01:13 PM

kumbafu wrote:
@shrewdinvestor Please let me understand how I may access the online share trading platform and how it works. I didn't think there was anything positive with these guys. At the moment, all I'm thinking is moving away from them and saving myself from the frustrations they have subjected me to.

Yes Kingdom securities have got an OST platform.Here it is
Dear esteemed client,

Thank you for choosing Kingdom Securities as your preferred stock broker.

In our efforts to improve our service delivery proposition, we have recently launched our online share trading platform for our clients. Our online share trading platform provides you with:

· A secure and encrypted platform configured to protect your transactions and investments

· Real time 24hr access to your share trading accounts from the convenience of your home and office

· Real time order placement and market information

· Access to portfolio valuations, stock holding reports and transaction statements

Please visit the link below to register for your account.

Note to register with the email address your provided us when you opened your account.

Your username should not contain special characters (e.g…?.<) only use letters and numbers.

https://trading.kingdomsecurities.co.ke/tradeweb

The attached manual contain all the instructions to help you register and begin trading

Your feed back will be highly appreciated to enable us to continue improving this service.

If you encounter any issues when registering, please get in touch with me.

We look forward to getting you started on our online trading platform.

Thanks and regards,

Henry N. Nyoike

Kingdom Securities Limited (A subsidiary of the Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd)

Co-operative Bank House,5th Floor

P.O Box 48231-00100 NAIROBI

Tel. +254 020 3276115 / +254 (0) 711049115

Email. : hnyoike@co-opbank.co.ke
Sorry for the delay,I had urgent matters to attend to.Hope that sorts you out.
shrewdinvestor
#31 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 3:06:16 PM

jerry wrote:

Yes KSL have an OST.I have used it and its effective.After frustrating me for so long I decided enough is enough and that is when I registered for the same through my email.For the ones with details not matching,you are required to update them,sign an email indemnity form and a gentleman by the name Henry Nyoike will sort you out.You however have to push them.
goodlord2
#32 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 7:09:34 PM

@akenyan2014 ...pliz fill me in on how one can make a payment request and actually be paid on the sbg ost platform. thanks in advance
jerry
#33 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 7:41:15 PM

mwenza wrote:
jerry wrote:

Yes they do though at the moment it's at trial stage.... They are yet to roll it out officially. Visit their offices and ask to talk to a gentleman called Henry, he will loop you in.

Thanks @mwenza. Just seen your response and that of @shrewdinvestor above.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
goodlord2
#34 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 7:53:43 PM

goodlord2 wrote:
@akenyan2014 ...pliz fill me in on how one can make a payment request and actually be paid on the sbg ost platform. thanks in advance

DtheK
#35 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 8:42:54 PM

@Kumbafu as you have been told transfering is hard.It took me over two months and I had to involve CMA.However when I involved them things moved incredibly fast!You can try same route may be.
Oh and by the way if your account was inherited from DSL you have to pay a fee.500 or so to activate it.
On the subject of rating I find 400 for an E.F.T to any account except coop bank too high.
littledove
#36 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:41:09 PM

shrewdinvestor wrote:
jerry wrote:

Yes KSL have an OST.I have used it and its effective.After frustrating me for so long I decided enough is enough and that is when I registered for the same through my email.For the ones with details not matching,you are required to update them,sign an email indemnity form and a gentleman by the name Henry Nyoike will sort you out.You however have to push them.

im getting this error as from 12.00pm ( central risk system disconnected trying to reconnect) anybody currently using them today?
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
jerry
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:19:33 PM

littledove wrote:
shrewdinvestor wrote:
jerry wrote:

im getting this error as from 12.00pm ( central risk system disconnected trying to reconnect) anybody currently using them today?

I registered jana but I've not yet logged in. I got 2 passwords (login PW and Transaction PW) which made me hesitant to log-in.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
mwenza
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:31:53 PM

jerry wrote:
littledove wrote:
shrewdinvestor wrote:
jerry wrote:

I registered jana but I've not yet logged in. I got 2 passwords (login PW and Transaction PW) which made me hesitant to log-in.

@jerry....Need not worry. Just register using the login PW. Rest assured that you will NEVER use the transaction PW.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
holycow
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:33:48 PM

This thread made me help out a colleague who has been struggling with KSL. I activated his online account this morning. The system interface is 99% similar or CFC Stanbic OST save for the menus which have been shifted to the bottom.
littledove
#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:41:05 PM

holycow wrote:
This thread made me help out a colleague who has been struggling with KSL. I activated his online account this morning. The system interface is 99% similar or CFC Stanbic OST save for the menus which have been shifted to the bottom.

@holycow did you or your friend experience any error as from midday? early in the morning i traded comfortably but as from 12 i was unable to log in
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope