wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Rate Kingdom Securities
GhettoMafia
#1 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 1:56:00 PM

Kingdom Securities that bought out Bob Mathews is still not up to the act - confusions that reigned at Bob Mathews are still the order of the day. 100% of the staff inherited from Bob Mathews have taken their ill attitude to this Co-op Bank owned outfit e.g I went to make a few enquiries,and had the cash for buying,but the way I was attended to - I walked out and went straight to a broker I have dealt with before and is very serious with the buying and selling,placed my huge order,and that was it. For me,Kingdom Securities still remains Bob Mathews until they bring their act together. Any opinions like mine?

Money Is Power
selah
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:58:43 AM

It seem kingdom securities has started breaking even.Lets hope it continues on this trajectory to boost coop earnings.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
ProverB
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:04:24 PM

selah wrote:
It seem kingdom securities has started breaking even.Lets hope it continues on this trajectory to boost coop earnings.

plus if they deliberately go full throttle to have atleast a competent but small staff team in every branch of coop that is solely dealing with matters stock trading.. the likes of D&B will fade pretty fast.
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
tkzee
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:21:19 PM

The problem with Kingdom,Equityand NIC,Stock broking is not their core biz so am not amazed at the quality of service.
''i can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies,but not the madness of people''-Isaac Newton
mozenrat
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:57:35 PM

Kingdom took over Bob???

So who took over Discount Securities???
tkzee
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:04:01 PM

mozenrat wrote:
Kingdom took over Bob???

They negotiated with Cdsc to take over all the accounts that had not been transferred as at November 19th last year.
''i can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies,but not the madness of people''-Isaac Newton
astute
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:52:30 PM

GhettoMafia wrote:
Kingdom Securities that bought out Bob Mathews is still not up to the act - confusions that reigned at Bob Mathews are still the order of the day. 100% of the staff inherited from Bob Mathews have taken their ill attitude to this Co-op Bank owned outfit e.g I went to make a few enquiries,and had the cash for buying,but the way I was attended to - I walked out and went straight to a broker I have dealt with before and is very serious with the buying and selling,placed my huge order,and that was it. For me,Kingdom Securities still remains Bob Mathews until they bring their act together.

I had a similar experience!! I went there to inquire about their transactions, if I can connect my account I hold at COP bank to the account at their firm..and just to test the waters..The staff were behaving as if it was a government institution...very lethargic ,...got dissatisfied with their knowledge of the basics of trading at NSE..I have never gone there again..I think they are riding on the confidence people have with bank owned brokers..
kumbafu
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:15:09 PM

Comparing Kingdom Securities with a government institution is even giving them a higher rating! Government institutions seem to be more competent. Kingdom Securities are at best mediocre. They don't find any need to reply emails and even if you happen to call them, they act as if they are doing you a favour talking to you. I wonder whether this is the institutional culture or they simply don't have the right people in place. I am fed up with them and would like to transfer my account elsewhere although I'm not sure where. It is quite frustrating when you give them business and yet they mistreat you.
jerry
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:22:47 PM

mozenrat wrote:
Kingdom took over Bob???

No one.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
jerry
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:31:44 PM

ProverB wrote:
selah wrote:

plus if they deliberately go full throttle to have atleast a competent but small staff team in every branch of coop that is solely dealing with matters stock trading.. the likes of D&B will fade pretty fast.

Service is through their Coop-Bank branches. That's the gist of the matter. The staff at the branches should be trained to see KS biz as core business. However, no one can advise on what to buy or sell except Wazua!
shrewdinvestor
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:28:13 PM

kumbafu wrote:
Comparing Kingdom Securities with a government institution is even giving them a higher rating! Government institutions seem to be more competent. Kingdom Securities are at best mediocre. They don't find any need to reply emails and even if you happen to call them, they act as if they are doing you a favour talking to you. I wonder whether this is the institutional culture or they simply don't have the right people in place. I am fed up with them and would like to transfer my account elsewhere although I'm not sure where. It is quite frustrating when you give them business and yet they mistreat you.

You have hit the nail on the head my friend.These guys behave as if you are doing them a favor.They really messed me up when I was new in stocks.However their online share trading platform is superb and after learning how they treat their customers,I opted to be using that.They need to up their game or else we will look for other options.
Akenyan2014
#12 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 12:49:45 AM

I think they target institutional investors. My first CDS account opening took place at the Kingdom. However when I realized what I was missing, the online trading platform I run away faster than Usain.
kumbafu
#13 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 5:07:06 PM

@shrewdinvestor Please let me understand how I may access the online share trading platform and how it works. I didn't think there was anything positive with these guys. At the moment, all I'm thinking is moving away from them and saving myself from the frustrations they have subjected me to.
jerry
#14 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 7:49:06 PM

@shrewdinvestor, Did you really mean that KSL have an online trading system?
Mart_Consult
#15 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:34:31 PM

One thing I advise those new to stocks is this: never use Banks to trade Securities for one simple reason, stock-broking is not their core business! Thus, they won't/haven't suitably invested in their staff...or their systems!
Stockbroking: earns them 1.2% margin (low volumes)
Credit/loans: earns them at least 12% margin (high-higher volumes)

Think of it this way: Investment banks and pure- stockbrokers are the only one who may give you the attention you deserve- they have invested in systems and people (these are the engine parts of any business)

Key thing is build a relationship with them (brokerage) and it will blossom. Wazuans will tell you that.

Online platforms, good. Have to know what you are doing though so as to avoid temperamental trading.
I went into the (Ferry) industry knowing the same thing I knew with all other businesses I went into- Nothing. Then I built it from there. - Sheldon Adelson (Titans at the Table- Giants of Macau)
jerry
#16 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:43:39 PM

Mart_Consult wrote:
One thing I advise those new to stocks is this: never use Banks to trade Securities for one simple reason, stock-broking is not their core business! Thus, they won't/haven't suitably invested in their staff...or their systems!
Stockbroking: earns them 1.2% margin (low volumes)
Credit/loans: earns them at least 12% margin (high-higher volumes)

Think of it this way: Investment banks and pure- stockbrokers are the only one who may give you the attention you deserve- they have invested in systems and people (these are the engine parts of any business)

Key thing is build a relationship with them (brokerage) and it will blossom. Wazuans will tell you that.

Online platforms, good. Have to know what you are doing though so as to avoid temperamental trading.

This advice works well for city dwellers! Imagine someone in Meru, Embu, Kericho, Kisii... Which Broker do you use? I used to deal with GCL but I realized KSL was more convenient.
obiero
#17 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 9:36:48 PM

use KCB, wachana na hizi vitisho hapa za wana wazua

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mwenza
#18 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 10:08:20 PM

jerry wrote:

Yes they do though at the moment it's at trial stage.... They are yet to roll it out officially. Visit their offices and ask to talk to a gentleman called Henry, he will loop you in.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Akenyan2014
#19 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 11:11:59 PM

jerry wrote:

I meant KSL did not have online platform. I run away to SBG and have found it convenient, hata kwa watu wa county.

When you deposit money on MPESA or CFC bank it reflects on your cds account balance the next day

Pay requests seems to take an average of 48 hours though, but satisfactory

They used to share some research on some counters, it has been long since I saw that though. They send a daily NSE report with pricelist attached.

When there is a system error you can place your order through email.

But if you good people have a better broker I'll be happy to know and possibly upgrade
Mukiri
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:03:25 AM

Akenyan2014 wrote:
jerry wrote:

I meant KSL did not have online platform. I run away to SBG and have found it convenient, hata kwa watu wa county.

When you deposit money on MPESA or CFC bank it reflects on your cds account balance the next day

Pay requests seems to take an average of 48 hours though, but satisfactory

They used to share some research on some counters, it has been long since I saw that though. They send a daily NSE report with pricelist attached.

When there is a system error you can place your order through email.

But if you good people have a better broker I'll be happy to know and possibly upgrade

Order through email? To a specific account manager, ama?

Proverbs 19:21