wazua Sat, May 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Githongo for KACC job
MaichBlack
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:44:00 AM

I believe the best person for the KACC Director's job is non other than John Githongo. He's the only person who has shown any determination to fight corruption in Kenya and has actually resisted temptations to enrich himself at the cost of the country. Githongo had the chance to enrich himself when he was the governance PS but was not swayed. Even the people who are shouting at the top of their voices about corruption would just be as corrupt if given the chance. We saw what happened after the 2002 elections. Githongo is really an exception. He's tried and tested. I hope he applies for the job. Maybe Kenyans should pressure the government/parliament/KACC Advisory committee to have him appointed. Let them show how serious they are in fighting corruption by appointing someone who actually has the ability and will to fight it!! What's your take?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Thano
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:58:00 AM

I could not agree with you more.

Githogo,Maina Kiai or PLO are the best suited for the job..No one else and Kenyans should insist that one of the three is selected for the job.

Mwalimu Mati is also a great guy and so does Muthoni Wanyeki.
mwenza
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:01:00 AM

Let no one delude themselves that Mpigs across the political divide,except maybe some miserable backbenchers,would support a Githongo candidacy.......They all want to eat without being subjected to any stress.

WOULD RATHER DIE FIGHTING 4 MY RIGHTS THAN LIVE FOREVER WITHOUT ANY RIGHTS
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
mukiha
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:06:00 AM

Ati Mwalimu Mati; How quickly we forget.

Remember why he was kicked out of TI?

And his MARS Group...a personal outfit made to look like an arm of an international organisation...give me a break..wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole!!!

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
bizness lady
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:13:00 AM

kudos thano! Maina kia for the job. But i don't care anymore i'm draining my energy thinking about the greed in our leaders and have vowed to concentrate on kujijenga

IF YOU CAN'T GET SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR PAPERS,THINK OF WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR HANDS AND MIND.
Djinn
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:19:00 AM

I think while Githongo is a good candidate,it will be a cold day in hell before he can be hired - too many cans of worms to be opened which will compromise stability of government,peace and indeed the coalition. And only because he would take his work seriously...

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
mukiha
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:23:00 AM

....IMHO [a new LIMAU that learned this week!!!],this KACC thing should just be disbanded altogether.

It is a complete waste of money,and is based on the wrong philosophical premise...... catching a thief instead of stopping the thief from stealing in the first place...

Githongo's former job [adviser on governance & ethics] was a step in the right direction....

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mwenza
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:30:00 AM

@ Djinn................compromise peace?

That reminds me of the line by KBC radio them days 'He has been detained for the good of the public since he is a threat to state security'.........Later i learnt that what they used to call public good and state security was merely Moi's good and Moi's security.

IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Thano
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:45:00 AM

I dont think it is right to say we hv given up and tunajijenga on our own.This is a defeatist statement and I will not take it lying.We must pressurise this Govt. to act even if it means going on the street..It is worth it man...Nothing comes easy..We just have to work hard towarsd it.Kudos to our MPs for checking on the excesses of the executive..We as the members of the public must join hands and ensure that this trend continues..
mwenza
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:55:00 AM

@ Djinn.......i get your point.........Although the last time Githongo attempted to go for the big fish,he did it so meticulously that those affected were so embarassed that they couldn't go back to their communities for support....Thats what normally happens when you start from the top.

Mr.Tea
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 9:59:00 AM

@Mukiha,
You are wrong.Part of the KACC's mandate is to actually prevent graft. The only thing they can't do is to roast the fish they catch,which is a pity,really.
I lifted this from their website.

Mandate
The Commission is mandated to combat and prevent corruption through enforcement of the law,educating the public and enlisting their support against corruption and providing preventive services through promotion/ development of good practices to seal opportunities and loop holes that facilitate corruption.

Patience Pays in Guaranteed Checks
Patience Pays In Guaranteed Checks.
VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:14:00 AM

wako has forsaken his mandate as a defender of the people to a defender of the political establishment (while making/stealing billions)

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Kaigangio
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:26:00 AM

@ tea,

KACC does not prevent graft but rather investigates graft

like mukiha said it would be better to disband KACC...the office of auditor general has always picked corruption scenarios very easily where one existed...why not empower it by having an investigation unit???

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Kinyee
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:43:00 AM

Although am not a lawyer,i presume i can apply for this job. Been a cop for the last 10years without taking a bribe from anyone i suggest am qualified enough. Further more i know the guys to investigate and the rest i leave to Amos wako to prosecute. SK members please campaign for one of your collegue.

arsenal fanatic
Marty
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 10:49:00 AM

@kaigangio,

KACC mandate empowers it to carry out these functions: Forensic Investigations,Asset tracing and recovery,Education,Research and Prevention.

Kindly check on its website : http://www.kacc.go.ke/default.asp?pageid=7#d3

..one is only poor if they choose to be
When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty
of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator.
Ja-Kom
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:02:00 AM

@Kinyee,

Kudos!! 10yrs bila kuzuguka mbuyu?? How have u managed...Roho safi,not suggesting anything to say u not upright.....given that the force is infamous for that,how do you manage with ur fellow utumishians??

For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners,so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.
Romans 5:19
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. Romans 5:19
gadj
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:13:00 AM

Before a new director is hired,Wako must go otherwise what KACC will be doing is kuosha kuku miguu. kazi ya bure.

In God i trust.
Impunity
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:13:00 AM

Thano thinks every so called 'human right activists' is good enough to head KACC;thats why he/she/semenya thinks the likes of Wanyeki,Mati,PLO,Omtata,Atwoli etc are God send...Wake up my friend!!!What happened to Ababu Namwamba and Rev Mutava???

The Hague...or Local Triburnal ama TJRC.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Thano
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:43:00 AM

Impunity@

Thano is not your average Kenyan...I know what Iam talking about.

I did not mention Atwoli et al..

What is your idea of a human rights activist?

I do not engage in verbal wars...Let us be objective and careful not to throw all manner of insults any how..
jaribu
#20 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2009 11:01:00 AM

githongo was scared by some dark forces and fled to europe like a scared little boy,screaming they were out to finish him. for me,paul kibugi muite is the guy. a bare knuckle fighter who is not scared of the ruling elite even when threatened from state hse. you will never see muite seeking asylum anywhere. he will just leave you with a bloody nose right here in kenya. what a stand up guy! he also likes going against the tide,when all his fellow tribesmen are in pnu or ford asili,he's in safina or ford-k and yes,he somehow gets elected on the 'wrong' party ticket. ye's there are rumours about his wealth or lack of but muite has never been prosecuted or convicted in any court of law so where is the evidence? the kibakis would love to display any incriminating stuff but they have nothing on him. i'm not saying he's a saint but the dude has some big cojones! my second option is plo lumbumba and my third option is ahmednasir abdullahi,kenya's sharpest legal hawk and newspaper columnist who speaks his mind. as for githongo,well he's a likeable guy but proved he can't stand the heat when the going gets tough and instead chose to hide under the mzungu skirt.

OnLy deaD FiSh gO WiTh tHe floW....!