KQ up,up & away
sparkly
#141 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:28:31 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
@Obiero. Insanity is sometimes described as trying to do the same thing everytime while always getting the same bad results. Take care. Look at uchumi... Until KQ undergoes a similar overhaul don't expect any SUSTAINABLE improvement for KQ.

Ha ha. The other day, mps are proposing a Rights Issue. Lol. At what price? 1 bob. Another rights issue now??!

@Obiero is now a case study in how not to invest at the NSE. He joins the likes of @VVS and myself on the honour roll.

Sasa swali la @gatheuzi lajibiwa na wengineo.. In this bear year, lots of people have huge paper losses in various counters including ARM, HF, KCB.. The market slide was massive. I am a simple honest victim, who chose to divulge info to wazua. Kuna wengi hapa facing 30% dips

Agreed that many people have suffered paper losses due to Mr. Bear, but problems for KQ are much deeper and it will languish sub KES 10 for the next 10 years.

Lakini sio kusema sisi hatukufanya makosa pia. I had some speculative KQ portfolio pre-rights, took up the rights but bailed out after having a look at the financials and consulting the cartoons. still have an odd 40 shares that I wasn't able to dispose.

@sparkly can we really project any share 10yrs deep.. Even 1yr is challenging.. Seriously.. 2025??

10 years is a short time in "share years". Look at Uchumi, suspended in 2006 and now about to clock 10 years.

Sameer, Cables, Eveready, Mumias, Olympia, Kengen, Kenya Re have burned investors since listing.

Safaricom IPO broke even after 8 years.

In the same period Equity, DTB, Jubilee, BAT, KCB, Kakuzi, ARM have millionaires from peasants.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#142 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:30:15 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
@Obiero. Insanity is sometimes described as trying to do the same thing everytime while always getting the same bad results. Take care. Look at uchumi... Until KQ undergoes a similar overhaul don't expect any SUSTAINABLE improvement for KQ.

Ha ha. The other day, mps are proposing a Rights Issue. Lol. At what price? 1 bob. Another rights issue now??!

@Obiero is now a case study in how not to invest at the NSE. He joins the likes of @VVS and myself on the honour roll.

Sasa swali la @gatheuzi lajibiwa na wengineo.. In this bear year, lots of people have huge paper losses in various counters including ARM, HF, KCB.. The market slide was massive. I am a simple honest victim, who chose to divulge info to wazua. Kuna wengi hapa facing 30% dips

Agreed that many people have suffered paper losses due to Mr. Bear, but problems for KQ are much deeper and it will languish sub KES 10 for the next 10 years.

Lakini sio kusema sisi hatukufanya makosa pia. I had some speculative KQ portfolio pre-rights, took up the rights but bailed out after having a look at the financials and consulting the cartoons. still have an odd 40 shares that I wasn't able to dispose.

@sparkly can we really project any share 10yrs deep.. Even 1yr is challenging.. Seriously.. 2025??

10 years is a short time in "share years". Look at Uchumi, suspended in 2006 and now about to clock 10 years.

Sameer, Cables, Eveready, Mumias, Olympia, Kengen, Kenya Re have burned investors since listing.

In the same period Equity, DTB, Jubilee, BAT, KCB, Kakuzi, ARM have millionaires from peasants.
VituVingiSana
#143 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:17:31 PM

sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Kweli! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
KQ and Olympia top the list with poor (& scam-ridden) management.
Others I dipped my toe into include ADSS & Africa Lakes.
There was also KFB with scam artists like FT Nyammo. It's coz of FT that I skipped Longhorn. Once a thief, always a thief.

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gatheuzi
#144 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 7:23:28 AM

obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I had got in @ 72. Too bad I did not cost average downwards when the price fell to the level of 20s. All the same I think I will even out soon.

Woiiii...

@Maka bona watukubusha hizo zida za KQ. I bought in Sep 07 at 72 and watched price drop to 20s around May 2009. However lucky for me I disembarked when price rose to 46 in Oct 2010 booking looses of 36%. Lucky for me this was on low volumes of 1K shares so I lost only 26K. I used the proceeds of 46K to buy DTB at 119 and have never regretted that decision.

My first story with KQ was sweet I had only bought 1K shares in 2004 at average of 17 and sold in 2005 at 79 a piece booking 364% gains or KES62K, sadly this was just a small trade I had made.

So my net gain in KQ for the 2 trades come to 62-27=35K.

Utarudi tena?

Huko sirudi ng'o!
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
enyands
#145 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 9:11:49 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I had got in @ 72. Too bad I did not cost average downwards when the price fell to the level of 20s. All the same I think I will even out soon.

Woiiii...

@Maka bona watukubusha hizo zida za KQ. I bought in Sep 07 at 72 and watched price drop to 20s around May 2009. However lucky for me I disembarked when price rose to 46 in Oct 2010 booking looses of 36%. Lucky for me this was on low volumes of 1K shares so I lost only 26K. I used the proceeds of 46K to buy DTB at 119 and have never regretted that decision.

My first story with KQ was sweet I had only bought 1K shares in 2004 at average of 17 and sold in 2005 at 79 a piece booking 364% gains or KES62K, sadly this was just a small trade I had made.

Utarudi tena?

Huko sirudi ng'o!

Ndugu Obiero seems you are the only bridegroom waiting for this bride. Brides groom wamekataa to support you. Sana sana the new clown in town and your faithful critic vvs. Laughing out loudly
streetwise
#146 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 11:35:44 AM

If you read this you will be scared !!

http://www.businessdaily...2/-/hnos47/-/index.html

Things are hot
mlennyma
#147 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 11:43:51 AM

streetwise wrote:

Things are hot

this is what wazua bright minds preach daily here its only that this writer must have browsed wazuasmile
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
hisah
#148 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 11:52:13 AM

mlennyma wrote:
streetwise wrote:

Things are hot

this is what wazua bright minds preach daily here its only that this writer must have browsed wazuasmile

CMA is a joke of a regulator! Acting CEO for how many years? Is that even legal? If it can't even manage its own internal affairs appropriately what do you expect from such a regulator?

On the other hand I have been calling for an alternate market away from the NSE crowd. The opportunity is up for grabs smile
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
obiero
#149 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:36:17 PM

enyands wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Woiiii...

Utarudi tena?

Huko sirudi ng'o!

Ndugu Obiero seems you are the only bridegroom waiting for this bride. Brides groom wamekataa to support you. Sana sana the new clown in town and your faithful critic vvs. Laughing out loudly

Tomorrow at 9.30am, KQ gets reborn

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#150 Posted : Friday, December 01, 2017 7:26:43 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Well... I do not know about 50/- but KQ is on its way to 30/-. I wish we had more information but KQ does not produce quarterly results. Oil at $76 definitely adds to more 'profits' (or lower cash losses from hedges)...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB

@vvs it's time to eat humble pie and get back to your dream stock. Remember full year is this December, hence closing out of all the losses in 2017. A profit is inevitable by June 2018 whereby we will be cruising past KES 20 per share

the deal
#151 Posted : Friday, December 01, 2017 10:15:20 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Well... I do not know about 50/- but KQ is on its way to 30/-. I wish we had more information but KQ does not produce quarterly results. Oil at $76 definitely adds to more 'profits' (or lower cash losses from hedges)...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB

@vvs it's time to eat humble pie and get back to your dream stock. Remember full year is this December, hence closing out of all the losses in 2017. A profit is inevitable by June 2018 whereby we will be cruising past KES 20 per share

Atleast at this time KQ was profitable... Not this empty shell which has gobbled billions in tax payers money... How do you do that to an already broke African Government?
obiero
#152 Posted : Friday, December 01, 2017 10:30:11 AM

the deal wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Atleast at this time KQ was profitable... Not this empty shell which has gobbled billions in tax payers money... How do you do that to an already broke African Government?

@thedeal Wacha feelings.. The government is broken and not broke.. Most companies are reporting losses as a result of fiscal irresponsibility including state sanctioned kleptocracy. Meanwhile you and I need to earn our keep by any legal means necessary.. If other Kenyans have chosen to revive KQ, I cannot complain..

sparkly
#153 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 5:53:24 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Down 0.25 to 36... I am holding on... coz I am confident that KQ will manage OK in this half. The NAV is 42 as of 30 Sep 2009. So at least it should get there...

30 Nov to 30 May = 6 months left to release of results
42(NAV) less 36(current price) = 6/-
6/36 = 16.6%

I can live with a 16.6% return in 6 months...

@VVS #TBT NAV is not a good indicator given experience with KQ and ARM.
sparkly
#154 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:00:09 PM

obiero wrote:
the internet never forgets

@Obiero's post in Dec 2015.
sparkly
#155 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:02:16 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
maka wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

Woiiii...

Posted in 2015. @Gatheuzi are you still invested?
sparkly
#156 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:04:01 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Another one from 2015.
sparkly
#157 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:15:17 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

This is an instructive post. 10 years since it was started and 4 years since @Obiero had this conversation.

I was partly wrong on Kenya Re burning investors since listing since Kenya Re has returns 3-7 years in dividends and bonuses. This is commensurate with economic growth.

Dead wrong on ARM which became addicted to debt and turned millionaires back into peasants.

Bottomline is for investors to stick to fundamentals and technicians to stay vigilant over cartoons.
sparkly
#158 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:18:59 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Kweli! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
There was also KFB with scam artists like FT Nyammo. It's coz of FT that I skipped Longhorn. Once a thief, always a thief.

@VVS we now qualify to form a stocks investment consultancy and make big bucks from our experience and knowledge.

I am assuming you are not a professional investment advisor.
obiero
#159 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:45:35 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Kweli! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

@VVS we now qualify to form a stocks investment consultancy and make big bucks from our experience and knowledge.

KURWITU, ARM & HAFR CONSULTING SERVICES LTD

sparkly
#160 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:08:33 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Kweli! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

KURWITU, ARM & HAFR CONSULTING SERVICES LTD

I see an attempt to dim our candles but your candle will not shine brighter by dimming ours.

@VVS, a reminder of my number +254708733938. Get in touch.