Hiyo haina kitu ya maana for now
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
muandiwambeu
#282 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 12:03:33 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@wukan

this co. is so well equipped with weapons of mass destruction in short term, medium term and long term.
Having successfully decimated shareholders wealth by coming in to rise capital in a depressed capital market the management did succeed to:-
1. issues a dilutive rights
2. force owners into non escapable position by issuing notice in such short a time that the shareholders had no time to adjust to the reality of their predicaments and are now being forced to put water into the glass or borrow from the neighbour kanyqri style to defend their inescapable positions. argh prisoner's dilema has left shareholder spooked here and the situation is not changing any time soon.
3. kengjinx are not over yet. so desperate to even out its debt to equity ratio that any price, however low and weird, would do despite the consequent destruction of shareholder's wealth. holy my
4. the co.s is not even done with the owners yet. the do not care altitude exhibited by the drivers of this co is mind boggling. only a small portion of the newly created shares were issued as rights. monkey business, discount periods are not yet over. many a times rights are issued at a discount to the market, hence undermining capital gains. with another excessively suffocatingly dilutive rights issues hanging in the air, can u see what a freaking break future it is going to be in here.
5. rights in a market experiencing hard external capital rationing will likely cause fright due to difficulties in raising further money to defend the rights(Wanjiku will buy sukuma ama ni rights), postponing the same indefinitely worsens the situation as sellers panic to exit at any time at any given discounted price. capital gains destruction central, Bp, sukari, salts Na erectile disfx/dry moments central
6. yes, what do you feel. taking a dive from a sky scraper. nonsense. fattening is what happened to u. ppt was effective, and the butcher is having a wonderful moment with the dagger.
when is the next rights issue likely to come through.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
hisah
#283 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 12:07:54 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Na pia rights are not being displayed trading in the market

So far only 1,100 rights have traded in two deals between 80 cents and KES 1.00.

https://live.mystocks.co.ke/m/stock=KEGN-R

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
wukan
#284 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 12:26:02 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@wukan

Enyewe si ya maana. Wanjiku is already screwed nice and proper hereLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .It's a take it or leave it

Avoid GoK controlled firms. I can see how NBK shareholders are feeling with those preference shares
mlennyma
#285 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 12:39:14 PM

hisah wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

So far only 1,100 rights have traded in two deals between 80 cents and KES 1.00.

you mean this buyer doesn't know the nse to buy cheaper
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
nashx
#286 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 12:42:39 PM

1 Million plus shares traded a minute ago!!!!
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
VituVingiSana
#287 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 1:19:59 PM

Dear KenGen shareholders,

Pole sana.

VVS.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
hisah
#288 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 1:35:40 PM

mlennyma wrote:
hisah wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Down to 10cts premium now with 15k shares traded in 4 deals. Clearly the buyers are dim! The main share is down to 6.30 while the rights buyers are buying at 6.65!?
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
nashx
#289 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 1:35:46 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Pole sana.

VVS.

For my own information someone educate me on what would be the potential implications to the share price if the rights were undersubcribed
muandiwambeu
#290 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 2:06:55 PM

nashx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Pole sana.

VVS.

For my own information someone educate me on what would be the potential implications to the share price if the rights were undersubcribed

@nashx if you do an harambee at your home town for your medical bills, and very few well wishers turn to your aid such that your financial targets are not met what do you think will be happen and miserably if its for burial arrangements what happens. and if its for your education what happens, and if its for your medical needs what happens.
1. u stay without.
2. you become pecuniary embarrassed till you become a pauper
3. probably you will be branded bankrupt coz of failure to meet your immediate financial obligations
4. you are forced to sell your property and start selling mukomero by the road side
5. you will attract less dowry for your girls coz few suitors are interested in your girls or boys.
simply a rights issue is a confidence affair, you fail you get into the menu assap.
citymayor
#291 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 2:12:56 PM

nashx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Pole sana.

VVS.

Section 3.5 of the IM: “A minimum of 65% of the Rights Issue is required to be accepted for it to be declared successful. This implies that a minimum of 2,857,869,893 New Shares need to be taken up and fully paid for.”

Government is taking up its full 70 % stake so whatever you decide to do(or not do) you are facing a massive dilution since the rights issue is already “technically” successful
The Emotional Dog and Its Rational Tail
nashx
#292 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 2:18:23 PM

citymayor wrote:
nashx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Pole sana.

VVS.

Section 3.5 of the IM: “A minimum of 65% of the Rights Issue is required to be accepted for it to be declared successful. This implies that a minimum of 2,857,869,893 New Shares need to be taken up and fully paid for.”

Government is taking up its full 70 % stake so whatever you decide to do(or not do) you are facing a massive dilution since the rights issue is already “technically” successful

@citymayor Asante that was the kind of answer I was looking for...
sparkly
#293 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 2:50:21 PM

hisah wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
hisah wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Down to 10cts premium now with 15k shares traded in 4 deals. Clearly the buyers are dim! The main share is down to 6.30 while the rights buyers are buying at 6.65!?

How many markets are there? I can't see my allocation on the SBG platform
Life is short. Live passionately.
nashx
#294 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 2:53:45 PM

sparkly wrote:
hisah wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
hisah wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

How many markets are there? I can't see my allocation on the SBG platform

I was told it will reflect tomorrow on the system
muandiwambeu
#295 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 3:10:52 PM

nashx wrote:
citymayor wrote:
nashx wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Pole sana.

VVS.

Section 3.5 of the IM: “A minimum of 65% of the Rights Issue is requires to be accepted for it to be declared successful. This implies that a minimum of 2,857,869,893 New Shares need to be taken up and fully paid for.”

@citymayor
Asante that was the kind of answer I was looking for...

u should know your bedmate @citymayor. Gova's offered to convert wrong before the pie was put into the table and successfulness of such is not in question. the question is how will the 30% responded is the quiz. Gova does little of daily market price movements and if it does it would have save u by fronting a formidable ppt to save the stock price plunge being experienced. so, whoil is your bedmate here. could have arrangent the conversion privately here and save your heart the ache bumps.
what a cruel cold treatment affair. look and see how your big bro got you monkeyed here.
70% is successful, so what about 30% that says what trades and at what price? what are they left felleling, .....shafted ofcoarse.
winmak
#296 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 3:57:30 PM

Is it possible to avoid buying my rights at 6.55 and buy those rights being sold by others ?at 80 cents?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
mlennyma
#297 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 4:27:09 PM

winmak wrote:
Is it possible to avoid buying my rights at 6.55 and buy those rights being sold by others ?at 80 cents?

80cts above 6.55 is cheaper how?you sell rights to make a better deal than the rights set price,but the market spoils this when it pludges below the given discount(rights price )to trade even lower.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
murchr
#298 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 4:35:09 PM

My platform did not even allow me to put in a price. I think there's some technical issue
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
enyands
#299 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 4:38:45 PM

Realcement wrote:
FINAL TIME
Let me emphasize and inform all of you that it is better to buy KENGEN at cheaper price after dilusion rather than the rights at 6.55.
Friday closing is even lower at 6.50.
There is no way KENGEM will not be below 4.00 bob between July and october.
It is however a reliable long term play (3 - 5 years) as EPS will be accelerating as more geothermal and other power sources is added to the national grid 2017 - 2020.
Do not say I did not tell you ?

This guy above was somehow right. Remember the tsunami referral mentioned? Pray Realcement
Aguytrying
#300 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 5:56:54 PM

enyands wrote:
Realcement wrote:
FINAL TIME
Let me emphasize and inform all of you that it is better to buy KENGEN at cheaper price after dilusion rather than the rights at 6.55.
Friday closing is even lower at 6.50.
There is no way KENGEM will not be below 4.00 bob between July and october.
It is however a reliable long term play (3 - 5 years) as EPS will be accelerating as more geothermal and other power sources is added to the national grid 2017 - 2020.
Do not say I did not tell you ?

This guy above was somehow right. Remember the tsunami referral mentioned? Pray Realcement

@Realcement. On HFCK I was a lone voice hear that it was overpriced, not many could see it. And it was significantly dilutive. On Kengen. I see price stagnation post rights a prolonged stagnation. I pray that the gava syndrome doesn't affect this one because that will send it towards the cousins Uchumi. KQ. Hang one kengen folks. Watching this from VERY far
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself