wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Best public primary schools in Nairobi
shifta
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 9:27:00 AM

Some of the private primary schools are as usless as the public ones. I take my kids to an Asian-run private schools in South C. I think the kids don't get the education challenge public shools. And some of good ones like Moi Educatinal Ctr ones are over-crowded.

Not so expensive private ones like Makini has a long waiting list. Anyone here who can help me with a nice public primary school u know or an affordable private school. I don't mind IGCSE or 844 system.

Help!

shifta attached the following image(s):
j0397464.jpg (28kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
fantony
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:37:00 AM

don't have feedback but it would also be interesting to review the scale of fees charged per term/annum.. so that this discussion can reveal whether there is value for money...

i turned out well.. having attended public schools at kirinyaga... nowadays i am shocked by KSh. 40,000 per term kindergaten fees at the Braeburn's of this world... i don't think if i attended braeburn i would be the head of General Electric/ Google or Microsoft by now...
mukiha
#3 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 5:56:00 AM

My first born is at a public school. Th second one is at a private kindergarten...only because it is near and public schools start at pre-unit,not lower. As soon as she touches 5 yrs I will transfer her to the same public school.

A friend told me that I should never judge a school by what I am told by anyone. the best way to choose a school for your child is to actually visit and see it for your self.

For that reason,I will not tell you which school my first born goes to!!!!!

I assume you live in the South C neighbourhood. Walk around the area and visit the schools. You will be amazed at what you learn by simply observing the school.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCES:
When I was looking for a school for my children I visited several and this is what I observed: [NB all are public schools]

SCHOOL 1:
Arrived there at about 4pm; Found children busy cleaning the compound; It was boy's day to wash the class rooms; the school was looking neat and tidy and the clean-up I found going on was confirmation that this is a regular thing.

Lesson Learned: there is discipline. children don't just learn book-work-they also learn life-skills

SCHOOL 2:
Walked into head teacher's office and found a large table full of sports trophies at one corner. Head teacher was proud of school's achievements. She showed me certificates of commendation from the education ministry for being top of her division in previous year's KCPE

Lesson: This is a school that emphasises books and sports.

SCHOOL 3:
First day; could not meet with the head because he was in class...two double lessons back-to-back
Second day; met the head but could not discuss class one admissions because he was preparing to take class 8 pupils to Mombasa for annual trip....he said he will only start on admissions after the trip. Third visit; found the head discussing a point of history with some pupils in his office....'it can't have been 1914 because at that time he was in Uganda.......oh yes you are right,it was 1912,remind me to make the correction in class tomorrow....'

was given the requirements for admission and application forms and told to relurn them ASAP because demand was high.

Lesson: they take their work seriously; they have open relations with pupils.

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mukiha
#4 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 6:20:00 AM

By the way,what do you mean by 'NICE'?

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Waria
#5 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 6:35:00 AM

Correct me but i thot Moi educational center was private?

From this change good will come
Siringi
#6 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2017 9:12:35 AM

a friend of mine relocated and is looking.... any shortlists ?

so far shortlist anayo are the usual culprits is :

Strathmore
Riara
Makini
Kianda

Rukenya
Maragua School

naomba sirkal changia shule zingine poa Boarding schools included
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Euge
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 06, 2017 9:58:46 PM

Siringi wrote:
a friend of mine relocated and is looking.... any shortlists ?

so far shortlist anayo are the usual culprits is :

Strathmore
Riara
Makini
Kianda

Rukenya
Maragua School

naomba sirkal changia shule zingine poa Boarding schools included

Waridi school in Westlands. Has a lot of emphasis on extra curricula ( I always look out for this in 844 schools)maximum students per class is 25. But top most class is Class 3. Its a mixed day school run by the nuns - Sisters of Our Lady of Charity. Its down side, this is the third year of Primary school so there is no existing "school culture"
Lord, thank you!