wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Prado Vs Landcruiser
mlefu
#41 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:34:00 PM

soooo..owners of VX`s and owners of Premio`s share the same garage..pheww!..ok hatuhami SK..we start with a platz and who knows..we might meet at the garage and share one or two things about our 'pleasure'.

Ikonini..wapi wewe imekuwa? join the race..am told ..ok no forget what am told..just come to the race.
muthomi mugi aiikagia maitho kabere...
KulaRaha
#42 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:36:00 PM

A new VX in Australia goes for say $50k. A used VX goes for $30k.

A new Sport goes for $70k. A used Sport goes for $30k.

Those sports look good,but really,i dont see them holding value for long.

VX is bullet-proof. Sports is ??

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Lyanne
#43 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:45:00 PM

@ Kularaha,i forgot to mention that you cant compare the VX and the Range in terms of resale value. Offcourse we know the outcome

Im currently flirting with the idea of trading in my VX with a Maroon Toureg end of this year and for sure i wont add a dime !

Anyone who knows a thing or two about a Toureg ? I like the way it purrs......... sweeps me off !

The Hedonist
enigma
#44 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:54:00 PM

@kularaha,someone pliz help me out here...Did u just say the VX is bulletproof?

wow! if u aint a chiq,there's no excuse for exposing urself like that! No car comes with bullet proofing! None! U have to ask specifically for it! jeez!

When all is said n done,the vx n sport dont play in the same league:like sm1 sed,u can take ur vx to ur premio mechanic...thats not wot a range owner wants.

top cat
luttz
#45 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:59:00 PM

Guys,

Its an insult to compare Prado with VX and again while most of the users have shared experiences and choices/preferences,nobody is talking about safety - both passive and active safety. Choosing one vehicle over another one is dependent of many factors,not just re-sale value,fuel consumption and or easy of maintenance. For those who do not consider a vehicle as luxury,they rate safety highly and this dictates their choice of the vehicle. Thats why Vitz,Premio,Prado or whatever you call them,do not appear of the choice of what to buy. For me,safety has always been top most requirement.

"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
KulaRaha
#46 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:02:00 PM

enigma,bullet-proof here is a term of endearment my friend...

dont read everything so literally....

wote
#47 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:11:00 PM

cardinal surely i seem to be the only one who does not understand your question or what it is that you are trying to compare.

Look at it this way,what is the diference between Merc E 280 and E 500

or Lexus 300 and harrier 450.? Prado is a landcuiser and so is VX. The diference is the engine capacity. while prado is probably V6,VX is a V8

wote
ikonini
#48 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:19:00 PM

Mlefu...you were told,and u believed them...trust me my error would have been 900 billion.

that rat race....am not joining.....with my Datsun.....Nefaaaaaaaaa!! thou if a did am gauranteed past one car,or is it an animal.... this you cramp even the tail.....

but Kularaha....expect my call soon....am told the Rhino charge venue is some 80KM
off road.....en am thinking the VX will do just fine....so we are swapping ....
hehehe!! i cant imagine you in that red datsun in town!

nini iko????
MAKE A CHOICE TO TAKE A CHANCE OR YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER CHANGE.
KulaRaha
#49 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:19:00 PM

prado is a landcruiser,but a landcruiser vx is NOT a prado!

e200 and e500 both are e class,period!

Sigiriri
#50 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:20:00 PM

the debate is good....very insightful.

One mentioned the Audi Q7 - now that is someone who knows the best thing about spending ur hard earned millions and enjoying it. Whereas there are literally tens of thousands of VXs and nearly 4 times as many Prados,you will be lucky to see one Audi Q7 in a month! Unless it's ur neibas,or workmates or parking mates or something like that. Manze especially these white VXs!!

Note though,I already mentioned earlier that I like the two cars,would love a VX for now,but only for the while it takes me to take to land the ultimate 4-wheeler - not been mentioned anywhere on this forum - ever!

Why hasn't someone introduced the only challenger to the Rover's,VX's,Cayyenes,tuaregs etc - The MercedesG wagon series!! Seriously,has anyone got experience with one of these? No need to get the huge petrol engine one,just get the modest GL350 Diesel. No hurry,cruise along and wacha wameze wembe na wanyongwe na mate!!

As I keep saying,there is far too much value to be gained in the under-rated. Nikipata G wagon yangu in 10yrs time,who else will have one?

Bidii yangu
KulaRaha
#51 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:28:00 PM

Ikonini,if you saw my VX right now,bro,you would cry!!!!!

Im sure your red datsun looks better!

Sigiriri
#52 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:32:00 PM

@Kularaha has done some nice stuff with his VX - and it's not white! I like the grill,the wheels...nice exception.

Lakini ni ile ile uko nayo ama ni ingine?

I just love cars - especially those I cant afford yet.....hehehe....let me get into my astra and go to school -

someni vijana,mueongeze pia bidii,mwisho wa kusoma nitapata kazi nzuri sana - this song comforts me at a time like this when I would otherwise cry (like Ruto - sic!!!)

Bidii yangu
bwenyenye
#53 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:34:00 PM

@lyanne

If you grade motor vehicles by

# 1. Maintenance Costs,# 2. Fuel Economy # 3. Service -# 4. Comfort and Space - cruising speed averages around 150 Km/ Hr before you notice

Then the RR is way above your level.. Continue driving the Toyota.. You made me laugh.. the RR is made for prestige not saving the penny .....
I Think Therefore I Am
ikonini
#54 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:58:00 PM

Mr. chairman u mean u pimped that machine?...Nooooo!!!

i know your routes dont have much potholes either.....hehehe..en u think my datsun
is better....the old Mzee closed down his butchery!! sighting recession...
recession in Kimende????.....but anyway....so the surplus red paint is no more....

so the car is abit faded!!

nini iko????
Obi 1 Kanobi
#55 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:28:00 PM

I'll stick out my neck and say here that in terms of the complete 4X4 experience. And I mean,comfort,speed,power,brute force,safety. Whether on tarmac or off-road. When you get the average of all the above attributes,the VX Lexus beats all others pants down.

Personally if I had many many shillings,I would either go for a Q7 or Porsche Cayenne.

I guess if you can't win with facts,you can always pen bile-laced,xenophobic rants to distract everyone.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Njunge
#56 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:33:00 PM

Chairman....!!!....Usiseme...!!You took the VX for rhino charge?.....Ngai mwathani.Am telling you nikiangukia VX moja sasa hivi,it will own a toilet and a red carpet (Sio nusu mkeka)......and let not Ikonini tisha you.That junk of his (No wonder it's called datsun debe) can never beat the bijuti....nefaaaaa...!!...hata kama bijuti inaenda na reverse.............Anyway,i can't see myself buying BIG anytime soon........and my dream Porsche convertible remains that.Unless i lipua everyday until 2030 or break all EB branches in one night.........Don't laugh yet.Am settling for MR-S convertible once the last born has hit the door frame.....hehehe...!!.......And tell Ikonini they deep bath cars this days and at worst,spray paint them.Hapana kupaka gari rangi na brush.....!!!

God gives,mugikuyu takes.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Kaigangio
#57 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:50:00 PM

@ mlefu,

did i hear someone say that the VX 4200cc from Nairobi to Kisumu and back takes in 20K on fuel. Aaaiiiii this is 10% the value of my toyota lolux pick-up 2000cc.

i am pulling out of the race!...i am offering the mituras for free...roho safi...

tukutane Ha Njuguna along Waiyaki Way...we will strategise on the way forward...as we have been declared losers.....

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
mlefu
#58 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:51:00 PM

Ngai fafa..Mugikuyu and Wendz..if the kind of responses you give here are your true practical life..then me and my entire family are up for adoptation..you be like our '....' someone help me..kizungu aiihhhh

anyway..Njue the cardinal..you have no reason to run for Prado...worse datsun imepakwa rangi na brush..court Lyanne for the known and unknown reasons

Kagizzard..ati 10%..ngai fafa.. maguta tuuu bila ile karai ya kubebea nyama?...woooiihhh..SK..the greatest

muthomi mugi aiikagia maitho kabere...
iKenya
#59 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:08:00 PM

You know what they say,if you go to the shop and start asking about fuel efficiency,maintenance,sijui service,fuel economy..Then it better not be a range rover dealer,that you do when you buying your first vitz/starlet.

As I inferred,if you don’t know the difference between a single malt and a blend. Stay with the Toyota's.

Penni zangu mbili.

Lyanne- sio kwa ubaya but big tank is not equal to fuel efficiency,pengine its = refilling convenience).
Quote:
Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own...
ikonini
#60 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:05:00 PM

Deep bath a car????...and how exactly am i supposed to do that in a quarter filled four litre duracoat can.???....not even a brush!!..the likes of your cold towels for the steering i use to fill the dents with paint.....

but there is a B13 am chasing,its my uncles`,.taxi not doing so well...bt he still believes he can make 150k out of me.....hehehe...the much i will is 60k.. ..i might consider it for spray painting....seen a cucu in make-up in town....i fear for that!!

but i still think that Datsun 'debe' can give bijuti a run for its money if there is any left...
even if it means landing on your head roof on the finish line for a tie.....you wait mlefu to convience me a little more!!

nini iko????