wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

A Plot in Nairobi
DMS
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2009 1:18:00 PM

I have approached a real estate company that is selling plots in Nairobi,the company has a big piece of land that they have divided into smaller plots.The plots do not have title deeds am told I have to wait for seven months for title deed.The big piece of land is still not under the company's name but under the name of the person who sold it to them.I have never bought land before,please advice me on whether it's ok to go on and buy the plot and wait for the title deed.

Do not be afraid,just believe!
Marty
#2 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2009 4:36:00 AM

@DMS,

Don't make that mistake. I did exactly as u intend way back in 2003. Bought a plot in Syokimau under that arrangement where a company had bought a 5 acre piece,subdivided and promised that they'll issue titles as soon as u pay and they are done with the process. 6 years later,the company is yet to get the titles. I sold my piece in 2007 at thrice the price I bought it at,but till now the guy who bought is yet to get the title. On the flipside,there are companies that sell in this manner,but are quick to get the titles. But to be on the safe side,buy a piece with a title whereupon u shall transfer the interests of the plot to yourself immediately.

I do sell plots with titles but outside Nairobi

..wise as a serpent,humble as a dove
When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty
of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator.
Mutes
#3 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2009 4:51:00 AM

I would be very careful if i was you. I witnessed a huge scam the other day at Ruai,

where people were sold plots of land with some fake allocation certificates,they fenced and

some even began to build. police came in and said the land belonged to a big

politician and tore down everything. within a month of that happening the plots are

being resold again. Just be careful,watu wako na njaa!

Tap water while its raining or simply make hay while the sun is shining. Its got to be one of the two!