wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
GNLD Business idea
mkristo
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:21:00 AM

I was just wonderirng,what do Kenyans,or let's say,Nairobians,like to buy very often?

Is it food,is it clad,or is it what?

Let's probably take the example of clad. If clothes are what Kenyans enjoy buying a lot more often than anything else,picture clothes being sold in an MLM 'business' set-up. You recruit a guy to buy clothes from you,then the guy sells clad,and you earn points and commissions from that and on and on the tree grows. Does it sound in of out of place?

To me,this whole thing about MLM has not caught my attention like other business ventures have. I dont see the thrill in it,since the only measure of success is money and more money,period.

Other business ventures have some other thrill in them,which generates more motivation than money alone can.

No wonder most people view MLMs as ventures for greedy people. By the way,where is customer satisfaction and execellence in customer service placed,if it is not all about getting more people for more money? Did you know that in business it is more satisfying just to genuinely meet a customer's need? This kind of satisfaction is what brings about repeat business.

I wonder what else in GNLD and others,generates repeat business if it is not the pressure to get more money.

the voice of reason
Pierce
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:39:00 AM

@Charley,that was so aptly put coun't have been phrased any better. And you know why the products are expensive: You can shower with GLND shower gels and then use that dirtly water to irrigate your sukuma wiki's at the kitchen garden......I mean!!

What I detest most about this GLND thing is that in prac tice it makes you go psycho more like a truly posessed character. If you are at an entry level at the moment,to even make 20K a month you would need to put in about 64 hours a day on selling/recruiting activities only............hope you catch my drift.
Mtu Biz
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:25:00 AM

@ Charlie and Saitoti. MLM or Network Marketing is not a business in the pure sense of the word but rather a DISTRIBUTION METHOD. Someone figured they could provide a lot of opportunities to a lot of people by bypassing the Manufacturer=>Distributor=> whole seller=>Retailer=>Customer
model. and go straight from Manufacturer to Customer,how? by making the customer...a distributor/marketer at the same time.
All the markups from the distribution companies down to the retailer now benefit the distributor/marketer as commissions in a network marketing setup. Makes sense?

The manufacturer concentrates on product quality only. Everything else takes care of itself.

GNLD is not the only Network Marketing company out there and is hardly the best. The products may be good but its compensation plan is upside down,you may have to quit your day job,take a loan,kosana with 20 buddies and family for
you to 'make it'

There are other network marketing opportunities available to skerians that are less stressful and more rewarding.

my 876000 rupee

..... the sons of Zeruiah .....
Sola Scriptura

xtina
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:10:00 AM

@ Mtu Biz: well put!
I think success on GNLD and other MLMs biz also depends on personality types. I am an introvert,I'm not good with words and expressing myself clearly so cajoling,begging and following people around is not my thing. But i had this classmate who is soo good with words; he is quite successful,courtesy of his 'mouthing skills'. Seeing how this people work by having to explain everything all the time,carrying those products,dealing with stubborn people,it's not something that attracts me.
Their adverts and promises are very catchy,but they deliberately forget to mention the hard work you have to put in,but i admit the returns are quite handsome...the products are also high quality.

First there was white power,then black power,now there's no power!
kodak
#25 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 5:38:00 AM

SKerians,I'm very interested in this MLM idea but please tell me: Do I have to pay some subscription before I join? If not,I'm I required to purchase some quantity before I join? Will I be required to recruite 2 or 3 people to pay the same amount or buy the same quantity of stocks? Can I open a corner shop on River Road and sell my wares from there or I have to do hawking?

MMKenya
reox
#26 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 5:48:00 AM

Subscription kes 3,600 for the kit that contains training materials. You buy goods on order or for your own use,and in the process you introduce the goods to your friends/customers and if interested they can also join. Once you are a distributor you can hawk or open a shop for your wares. If serious n ready! contact me on reox11 at yahoo dot com

Be proactive not reactive
Don't let urgent deflect you from the important

half_empty
#27 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 11:19:00 AM

GNLD ni ya zamani... i heard of a new one in stato called mary kay? iko kenya? by the way MLM fine print says not to advertise or sell through shops... i wonder if they cancel your bonus cheque if you dont follow that rule

I would have said something smarter..but the moment passed
Blackberry
#28 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 10:37:00 AM

@reox please clarify what half empty says...lately I see GNLD products in Chemists...points are accrued bado? doesnt this give unfair advantage to them?

Opinion is free, truth is sacred.

reox
#29 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 11:49:00 AM

Provided you are a distributor you can sell them in whichever channel,shops,chemists,hawking etc. Its your business mark you.There are no middle men involved but the product moves straight from the manufacturer(GNLD) to the user/distributor,thus no advertising involved and you will never get the products from the supermarkets also. Points are accrued by distributors at the point of purchase thus how you sell them doesn't matter and am sure the chemist guy is a distributor also

Be proactive not reactive
Don't let urgent deflect you from the important