wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenya and the Global meltdown
kADUCK
#1 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 6:41:00 AM

Are we yet to feel the global economic crisis in our economy or are we still at the introduction stage and yet to feel the full force of this global meltdown.If we are getting out of this crunch what are the indicators that we are,and if we are still at the beginning what is yet to happen to our economy.

kaduck
McReggae
#2 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 6:49:00 AM

If you are not yet feeling it,count yourself lucky!!!!

Make money.....then you will enjoy all the fine things in life!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
kADUCK
#3 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 6:55:00 AM

i am feeling it jut trying to predict when its going to cool down,even from the budget we are going to get,major cutbacks are expected,guys are being laid of Zain,Eabl,in the stockmarket name it. are we expecting a reduction of this or are we feeling the true trickle effect now.

kaduck
Sober
#4 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 8:40:00 AM

i felt it till am used to it.

A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing posibility.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Lollipop
#5 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 9:02:00 AM

Nakumatt to retrench 500 staff due to demolition of Thika road branch & the Downtown fire & reduced profis from reduced turnover. Theyve already cut back on their advertising budget.

Chance Favours the prepared mind.
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 9:25:00 AM

Why did the gava demolish Nakumatt Thika while nothing substantial is happening there? At least we could have a Nakumatt to go to that was convenient. And people would still have jobs! If it were to be demolished,they could have waited for a few more months.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 9:43:00 AM

@vitu,the chinese r already on thika road. U havent seen some huge machines at work there? The bushes are being cleared n the camps being set up. Check again. One thing that makes me a bit confident of this f#*€d up coalition is the numerous roads being rehabilitated. Who takes credit? Is it kimunya who allocated a whoping 80 billion(???) to the ministry? Anyway,not 4me to decide. Na kenya twasonga mbele...

Truest proverb: Mwenda pole hajikwai
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
VituVingiSana
#8 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 9:52:00 AM

The Chinese have not reached Nakumatt Thika yet OR have I even forgotten it ever existed? Well... I hope the project is NOT delayed coz of the ******-up coalition.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
simonkabz
#9 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 9:57:00 AM

Labda mimi aliona vitu yangu! What could those funny eyed asians be doing there? Drilling oil?

Truest proverb: Mwenda pole hajikwai
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
kADUCK
#10 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 11:12:00 AM

things are so bad,that the chiness are hiring some ex prisoners to do the work. Plus Martha is out,i mean is anyone seeing our economy recovering after all this political and global events. what become of the CMA board?

kaduck
extrablessed
#11 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 11:29:00 AM

...but why is NSE index inching northwards???? whats the basis?

Life is worth living cos God planned it to be so.
jeffsmith
#12 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 11:32:00 AM

I think Africa has been one of the worst sufferers of this global meltdown.Places like Kenya are stricken by massive poverty.In a sense,I think the meltdown effects may not even have been felt because of the underlying poverty.

Gross poverty has made the condition in African countries worse.Better off and developed countries need to come forward more in assisting them.And more importantly the benefits need to 'trickle down' to the grass root people.

My Broker AVAFX Helps Me Develop As Forex Trader.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#13 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 11:40:00 AM

Why are kenyans so eager for the global downturn to affect us,its akin to a little child wondering why she has to shelter from the rain.

Me thinks our economy has been and will remain so battered that the effects will never be obvious to us.

We are used to losing jobs or having no economic growth.

The global meltdown will not land at JKIA and call a press conference to announce itself.

If you can't feel it then its not there,if you are feeling strained,then its there or its just the normal perennial kenya problems mainly caused by our MPigs and gava

I guess if you can't win with facts,you can always pen bile-laced,xenophobic rants to distract everyone.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
jaheim
#14 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 2:51:00 PM

@obi,you are right its a pitty that kenyans are used to the hardships while the so called MPs and govt claim to represent them are the ones laughing all the way to the bank earning untaxed hundreds of thousands. I dont see these things changing any sooner cause these problems are deeply rooted. Certainly third world countries are the worst affected cause here in the UK and also in america they came up with and economic bail out plan. They are injecting some Millions of pounds to the economy to kick start it again. But our kenya nobody expects Central bank to do that cause the govt itself is in debt in the first place. The common man really does suffer in kenya and its all cause of the rogue politicians we do have who dont know what they are doing in the first place. Everytime i'm saddened by the whole thing cause the common man is having it rough in every corner. This is because Politics is life,politics does affect everything from education,food,medication yani kila kitu. But with these Greedy guys up there nothing is changing cause all they do is fill their bellies and its getting worse by the day.

Jay
Tusker Baridi
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:09:00 AM

One saving grace for our economy is the stimulus package from the Somali pirates,the injection of the loot from these pirates is doing our economy wonders. we should support our Somali brothers rather than condemn them,and we should make sure Somalia remains a failed state lest all this loot relocates to Mogadishu.