4 Pages123>»
Williamson Tea & Kapchorua
VituVingiSana
#1 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 3:45:00 PM

Do any SKerians know where the farms of:
- Williamson Tea are?
- Kapchorua farm?
- Kipkebe

And how have production levels been there or in the area?
Or rainfall?

I want visit the places,how do I get there? Do I have drive or can I take a matatu? And which ones (from Nairobi)?

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
cnn
#2 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 3:59:00 PM

Williamson has farms at changoi,kaimosi,tinderet.

see it through my lens?
VituVingiSana
#3 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 4:36:00 PM

How do I get there? Are these farms in the same general area?

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
pm
#4 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 5:31:00 PM

@VVS,

Kapchorua is wholly owned by Williamson,all housed at Williamson house in Nai,their farms are extensive and spread across Limuru,Nandi Hills & Kiricho and perhaps some other areas... you may need to check with GW office in Nai before heading there ... I don’t know anything about Kipkebe :( ... it may not be practical to go there by matatu although you could get for instance to Nandi hills and then hire local transport to the shambas (several) or to Kericho and then hire local transport there ...

I belief since the rains,productivity has been in the forth quartile or thereby. and tea commodity price has shot up ...

In all,doubt you'll gain much insights by visiting the farms ... most action at the farms revolve about - picking tea,factory work and shipping to the warehouses ...

There are many issues with these farms,the cruelest of them all being slavery of indentured workers,and secondly total alienation of land from local communities... outside of that if you are a 'don’t care' investor,kapchorua/Williamson are a solid investment whose book value far exceeds the stock price.

ktr
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:24:00 PM

Kipkebe is under sasini ltd hence go to its hqs in nbi 4 direction.or ask in sotik town or chepbilat market bwt kisii n sotik town.

...better bitter butter.
ktr
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:25:00 PM

Kipkebe is under sasini ltd hence go to its hqs in nbi 4 direction.or ask in sotik town or chepbilat market bwt kisii n sotik town.

...better bitter butter.
Kamaa
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:54:00 PM

@vvs

i would suggest you get your own means of transport for convenience & perhaps comfort..

BTW,and why are you so keen on visiting them...may be i could accompany you..

When you run so fast to get somewhere,you miss the fun of getting there... Life is not a race,so take it slowly....
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
VituVingiSana
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:57:00 PM

@kamaa My friends... legwork... look at tea prices!

stonemimi
#9 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 5:26:00 AM

@vvs

Kebkepe is in sotik and you can actually go by matatu. Just past sotik,about two km is chepilat. That is where you alight. then you'l take one of those rural matatus,the pickups(datsun). they will drop you at the farm. It is a few kms from chepilat. From nairobi,you take a bus called nyamira express at country bus station.

VituVingiSana
#10 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 6:52:00 AM

Thanks everyone... keep it coming... now I just need to get some time & go out there... lakini how do u go about finding out what level of production those areas have seen where these farms are?

VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:28:56 PM

Williamson has hit 215/-... The results have to be released by 30 June 2010...

Tea production in Kenys is UP while the prices are somewhat steady... Don't forget the impending shortage (lower production) in India due to excess rains!
VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:09:40 AM

Will solar power boost Williamson Tea's profits? [There are costs for the capital outlay as well as leasing/finance costs]
http://www.theeastafrica...1/-/vgib2xz/-/index.html
CASHFLOW202
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:09:11 PM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Will solar power boost Williamson Tea's profits? [There are costs for the capital outlay as well as leasing/finance costs]
http://www.theeastafrica.../-/vgib2xz/-/index.html[/quote]
This is an investment with quick returns the only handle even for the small home user is the initial procurement and installation cost which Williamson Tea has no problem raising that amount. The best move to have solar instead of wind. Applause
Monopoly was the industrial age money game and the name of the new game of money today in the information age is CASHFLOW
zizzi
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:25:31 PM

Dont Kapchorua own Ketepa tea? If I am not mistaken I think they carry Ketepa on their books for 700k (although I am not sure what percentage they own).

Plus, looking through their balance sheet, all of their land is carried at 60m?
hooverrl
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:24:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Will solar power boost Williamson Tea's profits?

It may give their marketing efforts a boost, appealing to environmentally-minded consumers in the UK and beyond.
VituVingiSana
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:23:40 AM

As expected, a Profit Warning from Kapchorua, due to low prices. The 1H results were also poor.
Other factors include higher wages but this is also an impetus to mechanize.

Where's the PW for Williamson or that sibling is doing OK?
Superprime1
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:25:21 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
As expected, a Profit Warning from Kapchorua, due to low prices. The 1H results were also poor.

The two are like reflections of each other, so I'm expecting WTK to issue one too.
tandich
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:45:26 AM

I wonder if the effect on WTK will be greater being a ~40% shareholder KAPC

Ebenyo
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:08:39 PM

tandich wrote:
I wonder if the effect on WTK will be greater being a ~40% shareholder KAPC

could be the issue of land lenses.may be they are provisioning for eventuality.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Mastermind
#20 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 8:55:12 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Where's the PW for Williamson or that sibling is doing OK?

They have also issued theirs as expected.
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.