wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Financial Net Worth
kawi254
#1 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2022 9:07:55 PM

Everything is worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it.

A CS nominee values His village house at 70M, trees planted at 160M, Village land at 200M, incomplete hotel probably at the counties at 290M and 4 cars at 15M.

I am sure today if the CS nominee wants to sell village house deep in Kisii at 70M He will not get a buyer at that price...same case with the trees planted He will not realize the 160M

Kenyans value illiquid assets that will not help you when you need quick hospital cash in your twilight years.
sparkly
#2 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2022 11:01:52 AM

kawi254 wrote:

A CS nominee values His village house at 70M, trees planted at 160M, Village land at 200M, incomplete hotel probably at the counties at 290M and 4 cars at 15M.

I am sure today if the CS nominee wants to sell village house deep in Kisii at 70M He will not get a buyer at that price...same case with the trees planted He will not realize the 160M

Kenyans value illiquid assets that will not help you when you need quick hospital cash in your twilight years.

Forced Sale/ Liquidation Value is just one of the valuation methods. It is surely not the most appropriate method of valuing personal property of a public officer who is about to land a lucrative appointment and continue building his empire rather than liquidate it.
Life is short. Live passionately.
My 2 cents
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 4:55:40 PM

sparkly wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Forced Sale/ Liquidation Value is just one of the valuation methods. It is surely not the most appropriate method of valuing personal property of a public officer who is about to land a lucrative appointment and continue building his empire rather than liquidate it.

I don't think he was necessarily talking about forced liquidation. Even if not forced, selling a house deep in the sellers village that is located amongst sellers relatives is a tall order.
My 2 cents
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 4:58:49 PM

Most of the nominees are inflating their net worth.
You ask why?
So that if they are caught with ill gotten gains later on, the sum of it will not be too far from the baseline that they had quoted before.
Plus there is also an element of one-upmanship.
Who wants to reveal their true worth sub 100M if everyone else is quoting above 300M???
sparkly
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2022 7:11:13 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
sparkly wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

I don't think he was necessarily talking about forced liquidation. Even if not forced, selling a house deep in the sellers village that is located amongst sellers relatives is a tall order.

There are four broad methods of valuing assets:
1. Cost;
2. Income;
3. Market;
4. Forced sale;

Which method do you suppose he was referring to?
Life is short. Live passionately.
My 2 cents
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2022 7:28:09 PM

sparkly wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
sparkly wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

1. Cost;
2. Income;
3. Market;
4. Forced sale;

Market. i.e. interface of demand vs supply
There ain't no demand for someone's village house Laughing out loudly
MatataMingi
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2022 10:50:04 AM

sparkly wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
sparkly wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

1. Cost;
2. Income;
3. Market;
4. Forced sale;

NONE OF THE ABOVE.
It is self assessed,probably much higher than actual value
My 2 cents
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2022 6:45:35 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
sparkly wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
sparkly wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

1. Cost;
2. Income;
3. Market;
4. Forced sale;

NONE OF THE ABOVE.
It is self assessed,probably much higher than actual value

That is not one of the methods of valuing assets. Self assessed???? Nopes. Read up on asset valuation methods.