14 Pages«<45678>»
Kitengela the New Runda?
MugundaMan
#101 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2022 6:55:33 PM

Huruma/Githogoro Slum Runda.
Need I remind anyone that Kitengela has no slums?Drool

MugundaMan
#102 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2022 7:01:56 PM

Meat and Grill Kitengela. Lovely chill spot BEFORE the bridge (behind the petrol station before you get to Enkare)Drool
MugundaMan
#103 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 5:26:59 PM

Quickmart Kitengela officially opened jana! They are not idiots to invest HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in Kenya's fastest growing town bila reasearch Drool

Jon Jones and Peni mbili will NOT BE HAPPY with this newsLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Jon Jones
#104 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 6:16:27 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Quickmart Kitengela officially opened jana! They are not idiots to invest HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in Kenya's fastest growing town bila reasearch Drool

Jon Jones and Peni mbili will NOT BE HAPPY with this newsLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Mshambaman Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quickmarts are everywhere including Ruiru, Eastern Bypass and Kahawa Sukari.This is a perfect example of your tunnel vision and obsession with Kitengela.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
MugundaMan
#105 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 7:45:11 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

Quickmarts are everywhere including Ruiru, Eastern Bypass and Kahawa Sukari.This is a perfect example of your tunnel vision and obsession with Kitengela.

@JonJones. You STILL do not get it do you? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
It's not that Artcaffe or Quickmart have branches "everywhere"
But that these middle class to upper middle class brands are moving to areas like Kitengela city which were NOT considered middle to upper middle class areas a mere decade ago.
Since you have NEVER been to Kitengela Laughing out loudly you will not understand why MM, who has been studying settlement trends around Nairobi Metropolitan for over 15 years, is "excited" about an Artcaffe or a Quickmart opening a branch in Kitengela.
I repeat, these corporates are not stupid. They have done their research juu chini.
Ask yourself why your town of residence (Thika) which was gazetted as a town in 1924 has a population of only 280k (approx).
While Kitengela City, which basically did not exist beyond empty shambas and goats as recently as 2009 has a population of 155k (approx) and tripling every ten yearsDrool
Isitoshe, you know all of Thikas slums; Kiandutu for starters. Kitengela has none. WHY? These are the issues you do not want to tackle Laughing out loudly so let me break it down for you in simple English.

1. Kitengela middle class has a way higher net worth per capita than Nairobi Core due to the super high homeownership rate
2. Kitengela has little to no poverty due to a vibrant economy even for the working classes hence no slums
3. Kitengela has an unlimited hinterland that is causing an unprecedented middle class boom with plenty of space to expand
4. Kitengela has a youth bulge with purchasing power
5. The face of Kenya lives in Kitengela; most cosmopolitan satellite town in Nairobi Metropolitan save only for Rongai being a distant second

None of these are anything new that has not been mentioned papa hapa.
What's funny is your stubbornness in acknowledging FACTS Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And for the Zillionth time I will repeat; sio MM anasema hizi vitu. Ni the FACTS ON THE GROUND that Artcaffe, Quickmart and various other corporates all have, that is influencing their Kitengela push.
I have told you guys countless times. I am a FACTS and NUMBERS guy. When a strange town called Kitengela all of a sudden start popping up on my numbers charts 15 years ago, who am I to oppose them?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The best part. The REAL boom has NOT EVEN STARTED YET so buckle up, my frenzDrool
Jon Jones
#106 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 7:50:48 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

@JonJones. You STILL do not get it do you? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
It's not that Artcaffe or Quickmart have branches "everywhere"
But that these middle class to upper middle class brands are moving to areas like Kitengela city which were NOT considered middle to upper middle class areas a mere decade ago.
Since you have NEVER been to Kitengela Laughing out loudly you will not understand why MM, who has been studying settlement trends around Nairobi Metropolitan for over 15 years, is "excited" about an Artcaffe or a Quickmart opening a branch in Kitengela.
I repeat, these corporates are not stupid. They have done their research juu chini.
Ask yourself why your town of residence (Thika) which was gazetted as a town in 1924 has a population of only 280k (approx).
While Kitengela City, which basically did not exist beyond empty shambas and goats as recently as 2009 has a population of 155k (approx) and tripling every ten yearsDrool
Isitoshe, you know all of Thikas slums; Kiandutu for starters. Kitengela has none. WHY? These are the issues you do not want to tackle Laughing out loudly so let me break it down for you in simple English.

1. Kitengela middle class has a way higher net worth per capita than Nairobi Core due to the super high homeownership rate
2. Kitengela has little to no poverty due to a vibrant economy even for the working classes hence no slums
3. Kitengela has an unlimited hinterland that is causing an unprecedented middle class boom with plenty of space to expand
4. Kitengela has a youth bulge with purchasing power
5. The face of Kenya lives in Kitengela; most cosmopolitan satellite town in Nairobi Metropolitan save only for Rongai being a distant second

None of these are anything new that has not been mentioned papa hapa.
What's funny is your stubbornness in acknowledging FACTS Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And for the Zillionth time I will repeat; sio MM anasema hizi vitu. Ni the FACTS ON THE GROUND that Artcaffe, Quickmart and various other corporates all have, that is influencing their Kitengela push.
I have told you guys countless times. I am a FACTS and NUMBERS guy. When a strange town called Kitengela all of a sudden start popping up on my numbers charts 15 years ago, who am I to oppose them?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The best part. The REAL boom has NOT EVEN STARTED YET so buckle up, my frenzDrool

Mshambaman shifts goalposts again with empty rhetoric after being confronted with facts that Kitengela is not special Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
MugundaMan
#107 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 7:56:46 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

Mshambaman shifts goalposts again with empty rhetoric after being confronted with facts that Kitengela is not special Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Which goalposts have I shifted about New Runda, mblatha?Drool

Galaxy Resort Kitengela City
Jon Jones
#108 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 8:02:16 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Which goalposts have I shifted about New Runda, mblatha?Drool

Galaxy Resort Kitengela City

Explain in 10 sentences (not 50 essays) why you think Kitengela is the next Runda? Explain why other satellite towns like Ngong, Ongata Rongai, Ruiru etc are not the next Rundas but Kitengela is. So far, everything you have quoted is already available in those satellite towns. I'm waiting.

Tembea Kenya Mshambaman so that you can stop thinking that development is only happening in Kitengela Laughing out loudly It will save you from the shame of using Artcaffe, Quickmart, and Chicken Inns as the only indicators of development.
MugundaMan
#109 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 8:09:58 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

Explain in 10 sentences (not 50 essays) why you think Kitengela is the next Runda? Explain why other satellite towns like Ngong, Ongata Rongai, Ruiru etc are not the next Rundas but Kitengela is. I'm waiting.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You see this is the problem with debating illiterates, and when you call them so they get upset.
You never answer questions posed.
You never address issues.
When FACTS are presented to you YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THEMLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Then when explained in detail, you want them limited to ten sentences Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Haven't you been reading this thread from day one?
Or were you ASLEEP in Thika the whole time while you debated yourself on this thread?Drool
Jon Jones
#110 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 8:13:30 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Explain in 10 sentences (not 50 essays) why you think Kitengela is the next Runda? Explain why other satellite towns like Ngong, Ongata Rongai, Ruiru etc are not the next Rundas but Kitengela is. I'm waiting.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You see this is the problem with debating illiterates, and when you call them so they get upset.
You never answer questions posed.
You never address issues.
When FACTS are presented to you YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THEMLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Then when explained in detail, you want them limited to ten sentences Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Haven't you been reading this thread from day one?
Or were you ASLEEP in Thika the whole time while you debated yourself on this thread?Drool

Nobody reads your essays Mshambaman Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Shame on you

MugundaMan
#111 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 8:21:08 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

Nobody reads your essays Mshambaman Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Shame on you

You see. Sideshows tu.
the WHOLE WORLD can see who is the most ARDENT READER on Wazua Of MM's posts

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Moving on to ISSUES.
You CANT stop it mblathee
Even if MM dropped dead leo, New Runda will still become New Runda.
Visit Kitengela ujionee because even the most basic data about Kite seem to be a circle you are finding difficult to square Laughing out loudly Drool
Jon Jones
#112 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 8:23:35 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

You see. Sideshows tu.
the WHOLE WORLD can see who is the most ARDENT READER on Wazua Of MM's posts

Moving on to ISSUES.
You CANT stop it mblathee
Even if MM dropped dead leo, New Runda will still become New Runda.
Visit Kitengela ujionee because even the most basic data about Kite seem to be a circle you are finding difficult to square Laughing out loudly Drool

Troll level 1000 reached. Shame on you Shame on you
MugundaMan
#113 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 8:43:22 PM

Quote:

https://theexchange.afri...t-to-raise-sh5-billion/

Fanisi Capital courts another International School in quest to raise Sh5 billion

Fanisi Capital plans to continue making investments in high growth consumer sectors including healthcare, education, consumer goods and agribusiness

by Njenga Hakeenah
September 13, 2018
in Kenya, Regional Markets, Rwanda

(L-R) Fanisi Capital Co-Managing Partner Tony Wainaina, Kitengela International School (KISC) Founder Paul Mwangangi, Fanisi Capital Co-Managing Partner & CEO Ayisi Makatiani and IFC - PE and Investment Funds Officer Maingi Mukando. Fanisi Capital on Thursday entered into an agreement to invest up to Sh400 million in KISC.

Fanisi Capital has entered into an agreement to invest up to Sh400 million in Kitengela International School (KISC).

The agreement will see Fanisi Capital initially invest Shs 205 million.

The investment is the first from the Fanisi Capital Fund II LLC, a growth-focused private equity fund with a target to raise Sh 5 billion.

Fanisi Capital plans to continue making investments in high growth consumer sectors including healthcare, education, consumer goods and agribusiness.

The deal is subject to approval by the Competition Authority of Kenya (CAK).

Fanisi Capital’s Co-Managing Partner and Chief Executive, Ayisi Makatiani, said the school fits into the firm’s investment portfolio with its ambitious growth strategy to triple student population from the current 1,000 and open two more schools over the next five years.

“We are on a journey to build centres of academic excellence and expand their footprint,” said Makatiani during the organisation’s investor briefing.

“We are in the final stages of fund-raising for Fanisi Capital Fund II, which has attracted interest from both local and international investors. Over 40 per cent of the investors in this fund are local with twelve local pension schemes coming on board,” he added.

In addition to World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Norway’s Norfund, local investors include NSSF, and the pension schemes from Kenya Power, Barclays Bank, Zamara Fanaka Fund, Co-operative Bank, Laptrust and the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).

Kitengela International School was founded by Paul Mwangangi and opened its doors on January 5, 2009, with 8-4-4 curriculum mixed day and boarding Primary as well as a fully boarding Girls High School.

It has since expanded to four schools, one of which offers the British Curriculum while the other is a second local curriculum primary school.

“I have always had a passion for education and ensuring that the next generation receives the best. That is what drove us to start this school. We have seen organic growth in the past nine years to where we are today. This partnership with Fanisi Capital will enable us to leap to the next step, and to expand our reach and capacity without compromising the quality of education we offer,” said Mwangangi.

This is the second group of schools Fanisi is investing in, having invested in Hillcrest International Schools in 2011.

“Education is a core sector for Fanisi and one in which we are looking to build a network of schools across the region. For Fanisi it is an objective for us to continue to positively impact businesses across the region and we are delighted to make this first investment under our Fund II,” Fanisi Capital Co-Managing Partner, Tony Wainaina, said.

Fanisi’s Fund I, which had Sh5 billion in assets, is fully invested in companies across the region including the Hillcrest Group of Schools and Ngare Narok Meat Industries in Kenya as well as ProDev/Mimex Group in Rwanda, and Sophar in Rwanda among others.

Fortunately for Kitengela, investors in Kenya's fastest growing town are not illiteratesLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . They understand the importance of numbers, facts, financial projections and their middle to upper middle class target market locations Drool
Jon Jones
#114 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 9:03:04 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Quote:

https://theexchange.afri...t-to-raise-sh5-billion/

Fanisi Capital courts another International School in quest to raise Sh5 billion

Fanisi Capital plans to continue making investments in high growth consumer sectors including healthcare, education, consumer goods and agribusiness

by Njenga Hakeenah
September 13, 2018
in Kenya, Regional Markets, Rwanda

(L-R) Fanisi Capital Co-Managing Partner Tony Wainaina, Kitengela International School (KISC) Founder Paul Mwangangi, Fanisi Capital Co-Managing Partner & CEO Ayisi Makatiani and IFC - PE and Investment Funds Officer Maingi Mukando. Fanisi Capital on Thursday entered into an agreement to invest up to Sh400 million in KISC.

Fanisi Capital has entered into an agreement to invest up to Sh400 million in Kitengela International School (KISC).

The agreement will see Fanisi Capital initially invest Shs 205 million.

The investment is the first from the Fanisi Capital Fund II LLC, a growth-focused private equity fund with a target to raise Sh 5 billion.

Fanisi Capital plans to continue making investments in high growth consumer sectors including healthcare, education, consumer goods and agribusiness.

The deal is subject to approval by the Competition Authority of Kenya (CAK).

Fanisi Capital’s Co-Managing Partner and Chief Executive, Ayisi Makatiani, said the school fits into the firm’s investment portfolio with its ambitious growth strategy to triple student population from the current 1,000 and open two more schools over the next five years.

“We are on a journey to build centres of academic excellence and expand their footprint,” said Makatiani during the organisation’s investor briefing.

“We are in the final stages of fund-raising for Fanisi Capital Fund II, which has attracted interest from both local and international investors. Over 40 per cent of the investors in this fund are local with twelve local pension schemes coming on board,” he added.

In addition to World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Norway’s Norfund, local investors include NSSF, and the pension schemes from Kenya Power, Barclays Bank, Zamara Fanaka Fund, Co-operative Bank, Laptrust and the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).

Kitengela International School was founded by Paul Mwangangi and opened its doors on January 5, 2009, with 8-4-4 curriculum mixed day and boarding Primary as well as a fully boarding Girls High School.

It has since expanded to four schools, one of which offers the British Curriculum while the other is a second local curriculum primary school.

“I have always had a passion for education and ensuring that the next generation receives the best. That is what drove us to start this school. We have seen organic growth in the past nine years to where we are today. This partnership with Fanisi Capital will enable us to leap to the next step, and to expand our reach and capacity without compromising the quality of education we offer,” said Mwangangi.

This is the second group of schools Fanisi is investing in, having invested in Hillcrest International Schools in 2011.

“Education is a core sector for Fanisi and one in which we are looking to build a network of schools across the region. For Fanisi it is an objective for us to continue to positively impact businesses across the region and we are delighted to make this first investment under our Fund II,” Fanisi Capital Co-Managing Partner, Tony Wainaina, said.

Fanisi’s Fund I, which had Sh5 billion in assets, is fully invested in companies across the region including the Hillcrest Group of Schools and Ngare Narok Meat Industries in Kenya as well as ProDev/Mimex Group in Rwanda, and Sophar in Rwanda among others.

Fortunately for Kitengela, investors in Kenya's fastest growing town are not illiteratesLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . They understand the importance of numbers, facts, financial projections and their middle to upper middle class target market locations Drool

Wazuans are living in an unrelenting Groundhog Day of your rants and essays Sad Sad Sad
MugundaMan
#115 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 9:17:24 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

Wazuans are living in an unrelenting Groundhog Day of your rants and essays Sad Sad Sad

I can see how to an illiterate, the objective news story I posted above can seem like a rantDrool
You CAN'T stop New Runda being New Runda mbulathee, even if this thread did not exist, an objective fact remains an objective fact. Ama namna gani?Drool

Billions Poured Into Kitengela, Athi River Over Property Boom

https://www.kenyans.co.k...iver-over-property-boom
MugundaMan
#116 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 9:26:05 PM

Mpaka visiting beberus with no dog in the Kitengela fight saw it as far back as 2012Drool

MugundaMan
#117 Posted : Saturday, February 05, 2022 9:31:22 PM

Quote:
Towns to Watch as Kenyans Move Away From Nairobi

https://www.pointpropert...-move-away-from-nairobi

The real estate market in Nairobi has witnessed an emerging trend over the last year in which more and more residents are moving away from the capital and into emerging satellite towns.

These towns are in different counties, but which border the Kenyan capital, where a rapid improvement in infrastructure and affordable housing has resulted in a mass migration from Nairobi.

Satellite cities are small or medium-sized cities near a large town, for instance; smaller towns near Nairobi, Mombasa, or Kisumu.

Most of these satellite towns predate the metropolis’ suburban expansion and are partially independent of the bigger town both economically and socially.

Some of the counties that have benefited a lot due to their proximity to the city include Kiambu, Machakos, and Kajiado, which all have satellite towns considered part of the Nairobi Metropolitan area.

According to HassConsults 2020 Land Price Index report, these satellite towns controlled approximately 60% of property transactions in 2020.

Kitengela 19.1% control, Ruiru 15.1%, Thika 9.4%, Ongata Rongai and Ngong both tied at 7.9% market share of the properties on sale.

For 2021, the investment opportunity within the Nairobi Metropolitan Area land sector lies in satellite towns such as Limuru, Thika, and Athi River; and suburbs such as Ridgeways and Kasarani supported by the relatively high annual capital appreciation of above 8.0%.

Here’s a look at the satellite towns to watch in Kenya’s Real Estate Market in 2021.

Ruiru

With an estimated population of at least 490,000 residents, the town is one of the most heavily populated in the country.

The rapid increase in population has been linked to the infrastructure development along the Thika Superhighway as well as the Northern and Eastern Bypass.

The fast-growing town has also been earmarked for the Nairobi Mass Rapid Transit System making it convenient for people who work in Nairobi’s Central Business District (CBD).

Kikuyu

Following the establishment of a vast road network in the area, Kikuyu is the only town along the Southern Bypass which connects Mombasa Road to the Nairobi-Naivasha Highway.

Coupled with the ongoing expansion of Waiyaki Way, the satellite town has recorded a major boom in demand for residential houses.

Athi River

Located in Machakos County, the town has seen a massive influx of Nairobi residents over the last few years.

The mass migration into Athi River and its environs was so great at some point it was described as a key ‘dormitory’ for Nairobi’s working population.

Satellite towns with high potential

Below are some of Kenya’s fastest-growing satellite towns in no specific order because they are dynamic: Kitengela, Thindigua, Ruaka, Juja, Ngong, Thika, Lower Kabete, Rongai, and Uthiru.

On the other hand, investor demand is expected to apply pressure on land prices in these satellite towns which could lead to a spike in prices.

There is also reduced disposable income among consumers and an oversupply in select sectors which include; the middle – high-end residential sectors.

Ruiru population 400k
Kitengela population 155k

yet Kitengela controlled 19 percent (highest by huge margin) of all property transactions.

If a person with eyes cannot see this, then they should apply to be blind Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Jon Jones
#118 Posted : Sunday, February 06, 2022 6:32:45 PM

Kitengela - High Density dusty suburb

Runda - Low density leafy suburb

Kitengela is not the next Runda. Continue dreaming.

I am still shocked that someone can compare a location full of flats and countable townhouses to Runda Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

There is a reason why you can find bedsitters in Kitengela and not Runda with many townhouses and mansions Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Kitengela is the next Paipu. All that "investment" is allocated to bedsitters, not mansions Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Jon Jones
#119 Posted : Sunday, February 06, 2022 8:30:07 PM

All high-end areas such as Runda, Karen, Muthaiga, etc have one thing in common. LOW DENSITY!!

Only one residence allowed on half an acre.

That simple condition is enough to tell you that Kitengela is certainly not the next Runda.

That is the main consistent trait among ALL the high end areas that everyone else fails to replicate.

The next Runda will have a minimum land subdivision of 0.5 acres per residence and the rest e.g security, infrastructure, lighting etc will follow suit.

Kitengela fails terribly by being a high density area with extremely poor infrastructure.

In fact, it is now certain that Kitengela will never be the next Runda because people have already subdivided land into 1/8ths. So, it has already failed the litmus test.

If the estate doesn't have zoning laws preventing people from subdividing land into smaller lots than 0.5 acres, then that's certainly not the next Runda.

Sorry to burst your bubble and crash your dreams.

There is a silver lining though. Kitengela is a better investment destination compared to Runda and the likes. So, when you make your millions, you will shift to the trendy estate of that time.

Peace
MugundaMan
#120 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2022 8:05:55 AM

Jon Jones wrote:
Kitengela - High Density dusty suburb

Runda - Low density leafy suburb

Kitengela is not the next Runda. Continue dreaming.

I am still shocked that someone can compare a location full of flats and countable townhouses to Runda Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

There is a reason why you can find bedsitters in Kitengela and not Runda with many townhouses and mansions Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Kitengela is the next Paipu. All that "investment" is allocated to bedsitters, not mansions Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I have told you before bulathee. The more you speak, the more it becomes VERY APPARENT that you have not been within 1 million miles of Kitengela. Are you even in the country?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly