wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

14 Pages«<1011121314>
Kitengela the New Runda?
MugundaMan
#221 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2022 9:30:21 PM

Tony Stark Kamenyamaza nyiiiii Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
hata VOICE YA DABOO ya Sparkly and Peni Mbili have been reduced to harmless whimpers Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly by videos like these that were NOT made by Mugundaman Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#222 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2022 10:05:41 PM

Kitengela CBD. Some of those croaking the loudest against Kite have never even stepped foot there a day in their lives Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#223 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2022 1:59:19 AM

Galaxy Resort Kitengela Drool
MugundaMan
#224 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2022 7:51:40 AM

Pinebrook Premier
Off plan 11.5m peke yake
Dust pays Drool
MugundaMan
#225 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2022 11:42:25 AM

VERY LOUD SILENCE from the usual naysayers Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
My 2 cents
#226 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2022 1:11:57 PM

Who would have thought a high cost neighbourhood would have houses going for Kes 11.5M :)
Personally, I am not engaging anymore because it is a ridiculous argument to start with. Kitengela is not a high class neighbourhood. But perhaps to you it is.
MugundaMan
#227 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2022 5:06:33 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
Who would have thought a high cost neighbourhood would have houses going for Kes 11.5M :)
Personally, I am not engaging anymore because it is a ridiculous argument to start with. Kitengela is not a high class neighbourhood. But perhaps to you it is.

MugundaMan wrote:

If you are neither a troll nor FUNCTIONALLY ILLITERATE, can we agree to STICK TO TOPIC on the merits and demerits of New Runda?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#228 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2022 12:02:25 PM

KITENGELA EXPRESSWAYLaughing out loudly TO OPEN SOON

When we told chaps to invest in "dusty" DC years back, they cried and wailed tiiiiiiiii saying the place is going nowhere. Sasa ona Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#229 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 8:21:54 AM

Wow! Kitengela Expressway looking beautifulApplause Applause Applause !

MugundaMan
#230 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2022 10:02:39 AM

Kenyan in the UK constructing mansion in Milimani Kitengela complete with jacuzzi and pool. Does this look NORMAL to you for a satellite town? Dust pays Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

When I said hapa that Kitengela has the highest per capita diaspora investors of all the satellite towns wengine walidoubt. Ona tu sasaDrool

MugundaMan
#231 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 6:34:29 PM

This could be New York or Paris or Tokyo or even London. Hata Runda kando Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We warned the naysayers 5 years ago, waligataa kusikia. Ona sasaDrool
MugundaMan
#232 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2022 5:12:33 PM

Gyms galore in New RundaApplause Drool
MugundaMan
#233 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2022 7:13:55 PM

Remember how Thika Superhighway transformed that corridor? Kenya will never be the same again, thanks to Kitengela Expressway Drool Applause
MugundaMan
#234 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2022 7:52:51 AM

Did you know that Kitengela's conducive environment to female entrepreneurship is one of the the biggest reasons droves of young ladies are moving to Kitengela to open their businesses, which is further accenting the economic boom in the townsmile ?

https://www.kenyanews.go...kali-sector-in-kajiado/

Quote:

Women strive in Jua Kali Sector in Kitengela
KNA3 April 20, 2022

For many years, the jua kali sector in Kenya has mainly been a male-dominated industry due to its labour intensive nature.

But in Kitengela town in Kajiado County, several women have cut their niche in this sector maintaining a stable income for their families.

Rose Mutonyi, who operates her business in the Jua Kali area in Kitengela, has called the place home since 2013.

“I came to this area looking for paraffin but a fire in me told me to ask what it would cost to have a shop here since I was a sales lady then, and I wanted to have more streams of income,” she recounts.

Having dropped out from school in class 8 due to a lack of funds to further her education, Rose took up the challenge and was employed as sales lady.

She later opened her own hardware shop in the Jua Kali area paying a monthly rent of Sh4000.

“One thing am grateful for is the ladies I found in this community. They were ready to guide and show me the ropes of trade here,” she notes.

Rose said the men as well have been very supportive of the women and the business they run and there is never a case of disrespect as many would think. “It is a very conducive environment to run one’s business,” she says.

Walking in the area, you will however notice that business is not booming as you would expect it to be.

“Business is not the best since the market has been saturated with imports. The Jua Kali sector is suffering. To be honest, the time we make great business is when children transition to high school then after that, it’s another slow season in the business but we are grateful for the decent work we are doing here,” says Mama Maina another trader in the area.

Women in the Jua Kali sector in Kitengela will be found painting jikos and boxes, handling the customers who come looking for goods as well as working in hotels.

The Jua Kali artisans in this area have a self-help group commonly known as ‘Chama’ that helps them save and when in crisis, the kitty comes in handy.

Rose who is also the treasurer of the Chama, says they decided to include the men as the boy child is being left out in matters development and it’s not right as they also have family members that need support and this is the best way they could do it.

The Jua Kali artisans are calling upon Kajiado County Government to look into their workmanship and make available tenders in the County that could help them improve their income.

By Vivian Mbinya
MugundaMan
#235 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2022 1:22:41 PM

When I said Kitengela has the highest number of diaspora and diaspora repat investors per capita of all the satellite towns of Nairobi some thought I was joking. Ask yourself why?

Huyu mama ameona mengi though. Interesting how she named her bar "Motherland" - a term African Americans use to describe Africa. Hope Kenya can reform our corrupt police services soon.

https://www.kenyans.co.k...rcy-atis-extortion-saga

Quote:
Police Go After OCS in Mercy Atis Extortion Saga

By Derrick Okubasu on 2 May 2022 - 10:24 am

Businesswoman Mercy Atis (left) and Police Spokesperson Bruno Shioso

The National Police Service (NPS) has turned its gaze towards an Officer Commanding Station (OCS) accused of extorting money from businesswoman Marceline Atieno, popularly known as Mercy Atis.

In an interview with Citizen TV that aired on Sunday, May 1, Atieno detailed how the OCS, who was attached to Kitengela Police Station, and his juniors would make rounds around her business collecting bribes which they christened protection fee.

It all began when she reported an incident in which a customer had failed to settle a bill totaling over Ksh6,000 at her Motherland Foods and Drinks in Kitengela, Kajiado County.

She noted that instead of apprehending the suspect, the police targeted her for running an alcohol joint and introduced a monthly fee of Ksh5,000 alongside other daily levies from random officers.
"One day, there are customers who came here and partook alcohol worth Ksh6,700 but refused to pay. Every time I called them, they abused me. I went to the Police Station to report the matter but I was setting myself up to the Police that I owned a bar.

"Instead of arresting the suspects, they placed me in a situation where I was to pay OCS monthly. I was told that if I don't cooperate, I would be arrested thrice and close the bar down," she explained.

From mid-2021, it appeared like the terms of engagement had changed - she would pay the OCS but other junior officers would periodically visit her joint to demand a daily fee ranging between Ksh50 and Ksh200.

The straw that broke the camel's back came soon after the 'bribe' became too much to handle forcing her to close down the business and make her accusations public.

In response, Police Spokesperson Bruno Shioso confirmed that the OCS had since been transferred and investigations opened into his conduct.

Investigations kicked off in mid-March shortly after the matter surfaced with the Spokesperson noting that he attempted to contact Atis for her side of the story.

The extortion incident has only compounded Atieno's woes since her incarceration and deportation from the United States in 2014.

She tried a stint in music but continued struggling until wellwishers contributed Ksh500,000 for her that helped her set up the business in Kitengela.
MugundaMan
#236 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2022 9:18:39 PM

Quote:

Ruaka remains prime as Ngong, Kitengela emerge as new lucrative towns – report

https://www.capitalfm.co...lucrative-towns-report/

NAIROBI, Kenya, May 9 – Rental apartments in Ruaka continue to be the most attractive for many Kenyans owing to their proximity to town and access to affluent suburbs while Ngong and Kitengela have emerged as new lucrative satellite towns for Nairobi residents.

A report by Hass consult reveals that in the first quarter of 2021, demand for apartment rents in Ngong and Kitengela rose by 5.5 percent and 5.2 percent while Ruaka edged up 2.9 percent.

“Ruaka solidifies its position as the largest supplier of apartments in the satellite towns accounting for 30 percent of all advertised units. Satellite towns recorded the strongest growth in apartment rents with Ngong and Kitengela at 5.5 percent and 5.2 percent respectively,” the report revealed

Sakina Hassanali, Head of Development Consulting and Research at HassConsult attributed Ruaka’s strong stance to its easy access to affluent suburbs which renders high land values that can be absorbed in high-density apartment developments.

“Ruaka has therefore become the largest stockholder of apartments within the satellite as it presents the ability for the working population to enjoy both housing affordability and reduced transportation costs,” Hassanali said.

Overall, property sales prices registered a 2.89 percent raise over the same period and a 6.8 percent annual growth from March 2021.

Apartment sales pricing however remained static with a 0.6 percent drop in the quarter and a 3.4 percent drop in the year to March 2022.

“Property rental prices, however, showed a mild improvement primarily driven by a rebound of previously depressed apartment rental prices. Apartment asking rents recorded a 2.2 percent increase over the quarter lifting overall asking rents by 1 percent. Detached, semi-detached house rents were static at 0.7 percent, and 0.2 percent respectively,” the report revealed.

The demand for detached houses also rose after registering a growth of 4.3 percent and an 11.8 percent annual growth.
Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Owing to eased access through the Redhill Link road, Spring Valley, Nyari and Kitisuru saw the highest growth of 4.2 percent, 3.9 percent, and 2.7 percent respectively.

Hassanali added that looking ahead to the Landlord and Tenant Bill, 2021 which if enacted into law will give the government power to cap rent increases on commercial and residential premises could potentially influence the
direction on rents.

“It is still too early to say with certainty the impact of the proposed rent control laws, but investors are keeping tabs. Similar laws such as the 2016 Banking Act that aimed at controlling interest rates to support consumers had
unintended consequences of reducing credit availability for the market.”

When I told them Kitengela specifically (and DC in general) is the future OVER 5 YEARS AGO they thought I was jokingLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Ona sasa!
MugundaMan
#237 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2022 9:53:28 AM

Quote:

Kitengela tops satellite towns’ house rent rise
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Kitengela town

A view of a section of Kitengela town.
File | Nation Media Group

By
Brian Ambani

Nation Media Group
What you need to know:

Land prices in satellite towns also rose by 2.17 per cent in the quarter as compared to Nairobi’s suburbs.
Satellite towns also recorded the strongest quarterly growth in apartment rents with Ngong and Kitengela at 5.5 per cent and 5.2 per cent respectively.

Kitengela has recorded the highest increase in apartment rental prices among Nairobi’s satellite towns in the past year, driven by increased demand as more Kenyans moved farther from the capital city in search of cheaper accommodation.

The Hass Consult property index for the first quarter of 2022 shows that apartment rents in Kitengeal have climbed by 16.9 per cent over the past year owing to growing demand beating other satellite towns such as Ngong, Ruaka, and Athi River which recorded growths of 8.3 per cent, 7.5 per cent, and 7.9 per cent respectively.

Land prices in satellite towns also rose by 2.17 per cent in the quarter as compared to Nairobi’s suburbs which recorded a modest 0.11 per cent growth with investors betting on the growth of the towns driven by better accessibility through improved roads and demand buoyed by the sprouting up of universities in the towns.

The index shows Muthaiga was the best performing suburb in land prices growth at 3.11 per cent while Thika town emerged top in the satellite towns recording a 6.35 per cent growth.

Satellite towns also recorded the strongest quarterly growth in apartment rents with Ngong and Kitengela at 5.5 per cent and 5.2 per cent respectively while Ruaka grew 2.9 per cent.

“Ruaka enjoys easy access to the city's more affluent suburbs, rendering high land values that can only be absorbed on high-density apartment developments. Ruaka has, therefore, become the largest stockholder of apartments within the satellite as it presents the ability for the working population to enjoy both housing affordability and reduced transportation costs,” said Sakina Hassanali, Head of Development Consulting and Research at HassConsult.

Read: Property management long went digital, what are you waiting for?

This came as apartment sales prices fell modestly by 0.6 per cent in the quarter and a 3.4 per cent drop over the past year even as overall property sales prices increased by 2.8 per cent over the quarter.

Ms Hassanali warned that lenders could reduce lending to property should the Landlord and Tenant Bill, 2021 become law. The Bill, which has been passed by the National Assembly, will give the government power to cap rent rises on commercial and residential premises.

https://nation.africa/ke...ktCx5RCoaxowKKM-lyNsPXY

KitengelaApplause
MugundaMan
#238 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 11:54:56 AM

Joy as New Runda gets Brand New Station

Si tulisema tu. What more good news about New Runda do people want to be told in order to believe that Jewel in the Crown of Kajiado County - Kitengela - is the future jameniLaughing out loudly ?

https://www.kenyans.co.k...builds-2-train-stations

Quote:

Good News for Mombasa Road Users as Kenya Railways Builds 2 Train Stations

Nairobi metropolitan residents using the busy Mombasa Road have a reason to smile after Kenya Railways announced plan to set up two new railway stations in Mlolongo, Machakos and Kitengela, Kajiado.

Kenya Railways, in a statement dated Thursday, May 19, stated that the mini-stations will be constructed in the Central Business Districts (CBDs) of the two towns in a bid to expand its services and ease congestion on Mombasa Road.

The corporation also opened up the tender for construction of the termini, inviting bids from prospective contractors.
The setting up of the stations will see the inclusion of Mlolongo and Kitengela in the expanding railway network. It will also increase the passenger traffic, translating to more income for the parastatal.

Currently, the commuter train runs from Athi River through Syokimau, Imara Daima, and Makadara and completes its journey at the Nairobi Central railway station.

The construction of the two stations will act to compliment the Nairobi Expressway, which has reduced the travelling time between the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) and Nairobi's Westlands area by more than one and a half hours.

In addition to the two new substations, Kenya Railways will build a third sub-station in Kibera. Kenya Railway is targetting the thousands of commuters from the informal settlements, noting that the existing mini-stations are inadequate to handle the traffic.

On March 16, Kenya Railways announced it would be constructing several stations in Nairobi and the neighbouring townships. Stopovers will be created in Mukuru Kwa Njenga, Mutindwa and Satellite.

Other stops will be set up at Dagoretti Market, Thogoto, Aviation, Gitaru, Kariobangi South, Mutuini, Membley, Kenyatta University and Madaraka next to Strathmore University. Lukenya and Konza towns will also get new stations.

The CBD terminus is also set for expansion to accommodate the new changes. Current routes plied by the railway include the Nairobi-Kibera-Kikuyu, Nairobi-Makadara-Embakasi Village, and the Nairobi-Githurai-Mwiki-Kahawa route.

Kenya Railways made available buses at the central station that ferry passengers to various locations in the city including Upper Hill, Westlands and Yaya Centre.

The corporation will partner with the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) and the National Youth Service (NYS) in its efforts to ease traffic congestion in the city.

MugundaMan
#239 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2022 10:51:23 AM

Kitengela of old to become a municipality

Get ready for Kitengela City blathees. Which means sewer water and street lighting courtesy of KURA funds and municipality rates. Si we told you nguys invest in DC 8 years ago mkasema vumbi ni mingi? Ona sasa. Na mambo bado!

https://www.standardmedi...ld-to-become-a-municipal
tony stark
#240 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2022 10:58:59 AM

MugundaMan wrote:

Tony Stark Kamenyamaza nyiiiii Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
hata VOICE YA DABOO ya Sparkly and Peni Mbili have been reduced to harmless whimpers Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly by videos like these that were NOT made by Mugundaman Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Congratulations Mugundaman for becoming a billionaire. I am happy for you. May you never want. My your sewage be carried away in a sewer and may your street be lit. Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause