Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

14 Pages«<910111213>»
Kitengela the New Runda?
MugundaMan
#201 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 5:47:11 PM

Royal Gates

MugundaMan
#202 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 6:05:16 PM

Eastmatt Kitengela. New Runda is totally self contained. Eastmatt, PowerStar, Quickmart, Naivas. No need to waste time in Nai core any more Drool
MugundaMan
#203 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 6:24:21 PM

Sparkly now these are the typical Kitengela middle classers you speak of Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Jienjoying their holidays
MugundaMan
#204 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2022 11:59:56 AM

Kenyans in Egypt Association

Did I not mention that Kitengela has the highest percentage of Diaspora investors per capita of the satellite towns that matter? I think I did Drool

MugundaMan
#205 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2022 7:40:33 AM

VERA SIDIKA AND BETTY KYALO GRACE CHARLIE'S BISTRO OFFICIAL LAUNCH

Think about it. 5 years ago when we told you DustBowl County is the future, would you ever have imagined that Kitengela would become a serious entertainment mecca in Metro NairobiDrool ?

Kitengela is just getting warmed up, mblathees!

sparkly
#206 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2022 8:13:18 AM

JP kennedy, former US ambassador to the UK but better known for being JF Kennedy's father said that when the shoeshine boy gives you investment analysis, it's time to get out of that investment.

JP Kennedy was well invested in the US stock market during the boom of the 1920s. While getting his shoes shined on the streets of New York one day, the shoeshine boy gave his an analysis of the stocks performance and his recommendation on the best stock to buy.

There and then, he realized that the stock market was overbought and a burst was imminent. He not only sold his holdings but also shorted the market, making a tidy return ìn the process.

Concerning Kitengela, majority of the current land holders bought land for peanuts in the 90's when Kitengela Sheep breeding project was decommissioned by the Government and the land privatised.

@Mugundaman ever cynical about investment in real estate particularly through real estate companies Centum and Home Afrika now swears by buying land in Kitengela. @Mugundaman does not tire to remind us that his favourite comedians and socialites have abandoned their favourite haunts in Rongai for Kitengela.

As JP Kennedy said, when the shoeshine boy gives you investment advice, it is time to get out and look for a better investment.

Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#207 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2022 3:49:58 PM

sparkly wrote:
JP kennedy, former US ambassador to the UK but better known for being JF Kennedy's father said that when the shoeshine boy gives you investment analysis, it's time to get out of that investment.

JP Kennedy was well invested in the US stock market during the boom of the 1920s. While getting his shoes shined on the streets of New York one day, the shoeshine boy gave his an analysis of the stocks performance and his recommendation on the best stock to buy.

There and then, he realized that the stock market was overbought and a burst was imminent. He not only sold his holdings but also shorted the market, making a tidy return ìn the process.

Concerning Kitengela, majority of the current land holders bought land for peanuts in the 90's when Kitengela Sheep breeding project was decommissioned by the Government and the land privatised.

@Mugundaman ever cynical about investment in real estate particularly through real estate companies Centum and Home Afrika now swears by buying land in Kitengela. @Mugundaman does not tire to remind us that his favourite comedians and socialites have abandoned their favourite haunts in Rongai for Kitengela.

As JP Kennedy said, when the shoeshine boy gives you investment advice, it is time to get out and look for a better investment.

Point of correction. Kitengela was a massive group ranch that gava insisted should be subdivided into large but manageable parcels to encourage development/progress among the local community. Those large (50 acres I believe) parcels are what have produced (via subdivision) the beauty that is New Runda todayDrool

MugundaMan
#208 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2022 4:02:27 PM

Quote:

https://www.capitalfm.co...celerated-her-business/

Njoki at her shop/KNA

Young Fruit Vendor Narrates How Social Media Accelerated Her Business

ByKNA

Published March 25, 2022

Kajiado, Kenya March 25-The youth have been a contributing factor to the growth of businesses, which has enabled them to endeavor in various income generating activities to make ends meet.

In the majority of the businesses within Kitengela town in Kajiado County, you will find young people behind the counter all trying to earn a decent living.

A quick Twitter search on Kitengela you will find Njoki Fruits as one of the relevant topics. She went viral on Twitter after promoting her fruit business on the platform.

She sells fruits, fruit juices, and milkshakes and detox juices.

Njoki Daniel’s better known as Njoki Fruits is a young woman in Kitengela who is taking the town by storm.

The 24-year-old started the business when she joined university as an extra source of income and to help her pay school fees.

Unfortunately, due to unavoidable circumstances she couldn’t finish school but rose up to the challenge to be independent and self-employed.

“I ventured into the business five years ago after investing Sh600 and started hawking fruits in Kitengela. I would go to offices and be chased away as hawking is not allowed in offices but some days I would be lucky and they would allow me to sell the fruits,’’ says Njoki.

Through her passion and commitment to her business, the mother of one was able to build a clientele and save enough money. She saw an opportunity to transform her life from hawking to having a physical shop which she opened in 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT. SCROLL TO CONTINUE READING.

“From hawking to opening a shop was a blessing for me, all those times I was chased away from selling really taught me resilience. I saved enough and got this space where I now sell to my existing clientele and I get customers who would be walking and out of curiosity they buy from me,’’ she says.

She credits her growth to social media “The online space has been great for me. I get a lot of orders from my social media platforms. And thanks to online delivery platforms my fruits get to people who can’t be close to me.’’

The only challenge she faces now is the trolls she can encounter on social media as well as extreme weather changes as fruits can’t be found easily.

“During the cold and rainy season it is really difficult to get the fruits I sell. They are hard to find and suppliers increase the prices. I normally save rent for three months just to be safe,’’ she added.

Njoki calls upon the youth to find something constructive to do rather than wait for white collar jobs, saying that with hard work, resilience, determination and the power of social media one can come up with a good business.

She hopes to expand her business and open up more branches of Njoki fruits in future while giving an opportunity for unemployed women to develop themselves through employment

Sparkly, you may think it's jokes but kwa ground everything I am saying is trueDrool

I would estimate that about 80 percent of Kitengelans are entrepreneurs. Among the youth - the overwhelming majority of the population in New Runda - the rate shoots to 95 percent +. Hence no slums in Kite. Hiyo siyo ngumu kushika, ama aje nduguzanguni?
MugundaMan
#209 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2022 7:07:46 PM

55 MILLION SHILLINGS

Sparkly,
While you are busy taking homespun investment advice from long-dead beberus gleaned from mundane encounters with shoeshine boys Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly New Runda marches from strength to strength. Prices catching up with Old Runda fast!!

https://jiji.co.ke/kiten...amp;lid=UwQo3u64hy6Zxxmt
MugundaMan
#210 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2022 7:34:43 PM

https://www.buyrentkenya...-sale-kitengela-3467873

40 MILLION KENYAN SHILINGIS PESA TASLIMU!

For a dinky little house in DC Drool
Mark my words, by 2027 this same house will be going for 150m and up.
You doubt it?
Keep in mind that this same house was going for about 15m at most a mere 5 years ago.
Dust pays Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#211 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2022 9:57:57 AM

KENYANS ABROAD INVEST HEAVILY IN KITENGELA

https://www.emovillage.co.ke/diaspora/

In fact they are one of the biggest single segments of investors in Kitengela.
Sparkly will NOT be happy with this news Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#212 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2022 5:51:36 PM

These days I am scared to post news stories like these because I know Sparkly will be VERY UNHAPPY about them Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quote:
Musician buys daughter Toyota Prado TX for passing KCPE [Video]
Denis Mwangi
March 30, 2022 2:36 PM

https://www.pulselive.co...or-passing-kcpe/n3ejz35

Sherly the daughter of Luo singer Dola Kabarry is the newest owner of a Toyota Landcruiser Prado TX.

Sherly Mikal the daughter of Luo Benga music singer Dola Kabarry is the proud owner of a Toyota Landcruiser Prado TX.
Recommended articles

Sheryl was gifted the Toyota Prado by her parents in fulfillment of a promise that they would buy her a big machine if she performed well in the recently released KCPE exam results.

Luckily for the candidate, she managed to score 413 marks, well above her 400 marks target.

According to the deal, the Luo musician was supposed to buy his daughter a car, and his wife Connie Kabarry would gift her a new smartphone.

Connie subsequently posted videos of the family enjoying the new ride in Mombasa where they have been on vacation.

“Daddy nikipata 400 and above utanibuyia gari kubwa na Mami anibuyie simu ya Samsung. Here we are baby here we are...congratulations my baby,” she captioned the video.

The proud mother also shared another video of the family buying Sheryl a new Samsung phone worth Sh149,000. The shop owner also gifted the young student with Galaxy Buds worth Sh16,000.

“Bora Form Four unipromise ni A,” she was heard telling her daughter in the video.

The top student is hoping to get a spot at the prestigious Kenya High School.

“Yes we promised her a big car and a Samsung phone of her choice if she gets 400 marks and above, she got 413 marks at Kitengela International School. We had to keep our promises just like she did.

“Parents let's learn to keep our promises, promise what you can afford otherwise utafinywaa Thanks so much Samsung for gifting our daughter Sheryl with Ear pods worth Ksh 16000, we are happy,” the proud mother concluded.

Kitengela International School produced the 5th best student Muteti Shantel Ndinda who scored 426 marks.

Prado for a primo kid. Does that look NORMAL to you?
Only in New Runda Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
When I told you net worth per capita in Kitengela is higher than Nai core due to the super high home ownership rate, you did not listen,
shauri yenu tu Drool
MugundaMan
#213 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2022 6:00:22 PM

Kitengela to get BRT Line

https://www.the-star.co....p-curb-emissions--nema/

Quote:
BRT Line 1 runs from Limuru-Kangemi-CBD-Imara Daima-Athi River and Kitengela.

Line 2 runs from Rongai-Bomas-Langata Road-CBD-Ruiru-Thika and Kenol.

Line 3, called Chui, runs from Tala-Njiru-Dandora (Juja Road)-CBD-Show Ground (Ngong Road) and Ngong.

Line 4, which is called Kifaru, is composed of East and West.

The East one runs from Mama Lucy Hospital-Donholm (Jogoo Road)-CBD.

Meaning Kitengela
1. Will be the biggest beneficiary of KITENGELA EXPRESSWAYLaughing out loudly , being the best developed satellite town on MSA rd East of JKIA
2. Is already served by the Kitengela Commuter Train with two stops (Deliverance Rd and Lukenya)
3. Will now be served by BRT
4. Is the closest of the satellite towns that matter (other than Utawala and Syoki) to JKIADrool

Best of all worlds Applause Applause Applause

MugundaMan
#214 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2022 6:05:21 PM

Where is my good buddy Wukan?
He used to say Kitengela has no "funk" arts and culture sceneDrool The teeming Kitengela youth are well spoken for.

Quote:
Moya a resident of Kitengela in Kajiado County, noted that he admired the Dubai based socialite and cosmetic products entrepreneur. Read more: https://www.tuko.co.ke/e...h-hopes-dance-with-her/

MugundaMan
#215 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2022 7:25:25 AM

One does not need to have brains the size of Einstein's to read the writing on the wall.
In fact these articles literally write themselvesLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
- More space for less
- New economic hubs rapidly developing that makes nonsense of the commute argument as increasingly more people live and work/run businesses in these new economic hubs
- Prices still higher for properties in Nai core, but not for long Drool

https://www.businessdail...ntre-apartments-3771252

Quote:

Renters pay double for city centre apartments

Renting apartments in Nairobi’s central business district (CBD) can be up to 126 percent more expensive than leasing properties in the capital’s periphery, according to market and consumer data firm Statista.

The monthly rent for a one-bedroom house in the CBD is about $432.33 (Sh49,761) compared to $191.32 (Sh22,020) in the suburbs. A three-bedroom apartment in the CBD costs an average of $990.75 (Sh114,035) a month while leasing a similar property on the outskirts of the city costs $476.21 (Sh54,811).

“In Nairobi, Kenya, renting a one-bedroom apartment in the city centre cost almost as much as a three-bedroom apartment outside the city centre in 2022,” said Statista.

The data shows the high returns enjoyed by landlords owning properties in the core areas of the city. The returns are particularly high for those who built or acquired the houses more than a decade ago when building costs and buying prices were relatively lower.

Location is the primary determining factor of housing prices in the capital cities with the prime properties in or close to the CBD consistently outperforming those farther from the business district.

Rental houses close to the CBD in Upper Hill, Muthaiga, Ngara and Westlands cost more than those in the suburbs like Syokimau, Kitengela and Athi River.

Those living within the limits of a big city pay a premium for proximity to jobs and diverse social and economic facilities, including hospitals and restaurants.

The rents also reflect the relatively higher cost landlords of CBD properties face in buying and maintaining the units.

Those living in the suburbs enjoy cheaper houses at the cost of greater commuting distance, long hours in traffic, expensive fares on public transport vehicles to and from work and more fuel consumption for car owners.

Nairobi developed into a CBD where most formal sector jobs and economic activities are concentrated.

The expansion of the suburbs has, however, reduced reliance on the CBD by creating local economic communities with their supermarkets, banks and entertainment joints.

Properties in the core of the capital nonetheless continue to command a premium.

emwenda@ke.nationmedia.com
wukan
#216 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2022 7:34:22 AM

Good to see dustbowl starting to get funk. I think the second generation living there is creating a local culture. Takes time though.

Nairobi core has an ecosystem that is very hard to replicate in DC. Explains why renters are willing to pay a premium for it.
MugundaMan
#217 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2022 7:54:39 AM

wukan wrote:
Good to see dustbowl starting to get funk. I think the second generation living there is creating a local culture. Takes time though.

Nairobi core has an ecosystem that is very hard to replicate in DC. Explains why renters are willing to pay a premium for it.

Indeed it takes timeDrool
But we're not trying to be like Nai Core. As a former staunch NaiCorian (born and bred), I have seen the transformation in Kitengela over the past decade, which has its own flavour, tastes and direction compared to Nai core. Like the California gold rush that produced West Coast cities with their own flavour as compared to the existing East Coast establishment that had been there for the longest, Kitengela is coming into its own and on its own terms.

I don't think NaiCorian renters are willingly paying that premium. I think they literally have no choice, if they do not own homes in the satellites/suburbia Drool

As always, the facts (below) never lie on where the future is, na sio MM mwenye anaandika hizi articles Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

https://www.kenyans.co.k...nting-buying-apartments

MugundaMan
#218 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2022 8:15:34 AM

Did you know Kitengela has a rugby team?Drool

KITENGELA SHARKS

https://www.the-star.co....e-south-africa-in-june/

Jon Jones, does...... well you already know how that question ends so no need to complete it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly.

MugundaMan
#219 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2022 4:15:30 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Runda = Upper Class

Kitengela = Middle Class

Comprende?? You can't compare the two.

It is clear that you don't even understand those definitions that you have uploaded as screenshots.

Wealthy Kenyans Desert Runda, Kitisuru Estates - Report

https://www.kenyans.co.k...kitisuru-estates-report

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Upper class vs Middle Class. It's not rocket science buddyLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Where in the report does it say they are moving to Kitengela???????

Quote:

Tenants are moving away from the rich suburbs like Runda, Kitisuru, Kileleshwa, and Kilimani which now have rising apartments

Satellite areas have witnessed major growth in the sale of lands and houses as many people move away from the city.

You also have to note that prices of land in satellite towns neighbouring Nairobi rose by 2.48% between July to September 2021.

Also note that tenants are moving away from the rich suburbs like Runda, Kitisuru, Kileleshwa, and Kilimani which now have rising apartments.

What attracts tenants to areas in Nairobi with a high return in real estate investment is majorly infrastructure, land and house prices.

As always Fanaka Real Estate, the top-ranking commercial and real estate firm that deals in the sale of land are here to inform you of these areas. Fanaka has its offices in Ruiru and Kamakis.
Ruiru and Kamakis

Here you can enjoy the Thika Superhighway and other bypasses which has opened these areas to investors. House prices are also affordable.

In Ruiru and Kamakis areas, one can get houses between Sh4 million to Sh15 million onwards. These are three-bedroom bungalows and four-bedroom maisonettes.

For Fanaka, we majorly deal with land and it's true that prices have also increased in these two areas. This means that these satellite areas continue to attract investors and developers

In Nairobi’s satellite towns, house sale price gains have been more modest as most people settling in those areas prefer to build their own units.

The house sale market was largely driven by a high demand for detached units, whose supply in the market has fallen in the past years.

The new developments are high-density units including studio apartments which is a total shift from the ample apartments and detached houses that were famous in the suburb decades ago.

Ruiru and Kamakis have also continued recording a rise in land prices, recording a 6.65% growth compared to a drop of 1.1% in 2020.
Oasis Garden/Juja Farm

This area is ideal for building a residential home. Discounted cash prices start from Sh899,000

Other areas include Athi River, Juja Springs Garden, Kiambu, Kitengela, Limuru, Mlolongo, Ongata Rongai, Ngong, Ruaka, Ruiru, Syokimau, Thika, Kiserian, and Tigoni.

https://www.pulselive.co...ru-kamakis-juja/6w2ptyh

You can argue against anything else except COLD HARD ECONOMICS, my mblatheeLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

MugundaMan
#220 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2022 9:45:55 AM

KITENGELA'S SLUMS

My peni mbili, these are what the slums look like in Kitengela. Pretty much like South C or Nairobi West but newerLaughing out loudly