wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Covid eating us
mpobiz
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2021 2:26:32 PM

The economic backlash as a result of the useless lockdowns is now coming very fast to bite us. The Kenyan or any African economy was not suited for such lockdowns. I have always been against it and I warned about it a long time ago.
I said it. Lockdowns were for the rich now we are all acting like we are surprised when the government comes after your disposable income to sustain itself.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
maka
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:09:47 PM

mpobiz wrote:
The economic backlash as a result of the useless lockdowns is now coming very fast to bite us. The Kenyan or any African economy was not suited for such lockdowns. I have always been against it and I warned about it a long time ago.
I said it. Lockdowns were for the rich now we are all acting like we are surprised when the government comes after your disposable income to sustain itself.

Not entirely on the pandemic. These motherf***ers have borrowed like there was no tomorrow. Hii ndio matokeo.
possunt quia posse videntur
mpobiz
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 11:30:38 PM

You can not borrow money then close shop in the name of a pandemic and expect miracles. How else were we supposed to pay back with all this job losses and closed businesses?
I have never been against government borrowing. It's good for our better future.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
PeterReborn
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 9:25:29 AM

mpobiz wrote:
You can not borrow money then close shop in the name of a pandemic and expect miracles. How else were we supposed to pay back with all this job losses and closed businesses?
I have never been against government borrowing. It's good for our better future.

There is nothing good about borrowing to steal and build white elephant projects.
According to Wanjigi, SGR was to cost 55B and they ended up spending 500 B.That is 445B that was stolen.
They collect revenue of 6m againist expenses of 30m which is a loss of 24m a day.
Time to stop these white elephant projects to revive the economy.
Consistency is better than intensity
mpobiz
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 9:58:23 AM

PeterReborn wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

There is nothing good about borrowing to steal and build white elephant projects.
According to Wanjigi, SGR was to cost 55B and they ended up spending 500 B.That is 445B that was stolen.
They collect revenue of 6m againist expenses of 30m which is a loss of 24m a day.

I won't reply to political propaganda especially by one Jimmy. But your other point is as a result of lockdowns. Revenue has shrunk into unprecedented levels.
If today we were to ask for the same loans we got from China 4years ago they wouldn't dare to give us no matter how many times we renounce Taiwan.
I also agree it's time we stop the white elephants and adopt the bottom up approach
sparkly
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 6:01:13 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

I 🤣 🤣 🤣 when Wanjigi said that SGR from Mombasa to Busia was to cost Kshs 55B . That's an average of KShs 5.5m per KM. If SGR is that cheap, then he should build one for himself from his house in Muthaiga to CBD. The 6km will only cost him KShs 33m which I am sure is cheaper than what it cost him to build his palatial residence at Muthaiga.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 11:13:11 AM

The kenyan govt is also eating covid.

Like someone said, this is not a one sided affair, it's a fair fight-both sides are eating each other.Theonly difference being covid is eating our lives while the duo/ handshake gaarment is eating money
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
mkenyan
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 9:01:30 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

the fact that you quote wanjigi in this to support your position makes me worry about your capacity to think for yourself
Impunity
#9 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2022 12:52:10 AM

mkenyan wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

the fact that you quote wanjigi in this to support your position makes me worry about your capacity to think for yourself

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Iganamagana
#10 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2022 8:27:20 AM

PeterReborn wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

You know the country has lost it when the likes of Wanjigi are being quoted as an authority. The guy is a 'cartel' by himself.
ZZE123
#11 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2022 11:29:34 AM

sparkly wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

I 🤣 🤣 🤣 when Wanjigi said that SGR from Mombasa to Busia was to cost Kshs 55B . That's an average of KShs 5.5m per KM. If SGR is that cheap, then he should build one for himself from his house in Muthaiga to CBD. The 6km will only cost him KShs 33m which I am sure is cheaper than what it cost him to build his palatial residence at Muthaiga.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem