wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<34567>
Centum FY2022 - FY2026
Ericsson
#81 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2022 4:28:15 PM

Centum touches low of ksh.12.50 in today's trading.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
heri
#82 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2022 11:33:06 AM

Ericsson wrote:

watching my pension go up in smoke
My 2 cents
#83 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2022 12:18:12 PM

Real estate sector is suffering some major pains. Centum, Cytonn, Insurance companies and all other players who invested big in the space are having their heads handed to them.
VituVingiSana
#84 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 4:19:43 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
Real estate sector is suffering some major pains. Centum, Cytonn, Insurance companies and all other players who invested big in the space are having their heads handed to them.
COVID came out of left field then add elections and poor management of the economy BUT this gives those who have b___s of steel to get in and wait.

Isuzu is doing well (HY briefing).
Sidian did well (FY21 results).
Riverbank is open.
Awali and Palm Ridge units were handed over.
ACE/Sabis has re-opened.
Cash/bonds on hand under Nabo.
3bn unlocked for the sale to Coke.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
My 2 cents
#85 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 8:10:43 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
COVID came out of left field then add elections and poor management of the economy BUT this gives those who have b___s of steel to get in and wait.

Riverbank is open.
ACE/Sabis has re-opened.

Centum will look back with regret at their timing of divesture from public equities - just when there was a multi-year bear run. Apparently it is not at all popular nor easy to invest when there is 'blood in the streets'. It is far much easier to chase trends and jump in and out of hot investments.
McGill
#86 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 11:16:07 PM

This is one company that I gave up trying to understand. So many moving parts... sidian, longhorn, real estate, coal, insurance. Sina uwezo.
VituVingiSana
#87 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 11:52:38 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

Riverbank is open.
ACE/Sabis has re-opened.

Centum will look back with regret at their timing of divesture from public equities - just when there was a multi-year bear run. Apparently it is not at all popular nor easy to invest when there is 'blood in the streets'. It is far much easier to chase trends and jump in and out of hot investments.

Have you actually read their annual report?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#88 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 11:55:58 AM

McGill wrote:
This is one company that I gave up trying to understand. So many moving parts... sidian, longhorn, real estate, coal, insurance. Sina uwezo.
I suggest you do not even contemplate looking at a page of Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Report.
My 2 cents
#89 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 5:57:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
McGill wrote:
I suggest you do not even contemplate looking at a page of Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Report.

The disparate companies in the portfolio of both companies, that's where the resemblance with Berkshire Hathaway ends.

Unlike Centum, BH does not;

- Offload their winners, they ride them.
- Gorge on debt
- Jump in and out of businesses at rapid scale
- Hardly any scandals
Ericsson
#90 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2022 6:47:51 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
McGill wrote:

BlackRock and Centum are incomparable.
Tuache kujidanganya eti the two are similar.
My 2 cents
#91 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2022 1:09:26 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
McGill wrote:

Who talked about Blackrock?????d'oh!
Ericsson
#92 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2022 8:50:25 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
McGill wrote:

Sorry Berkshire Hathaway not Blackrock
McGill
#93 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2022 9:49:01 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Now at ksh10.00. What are the expectations for full year results?
Ericsson
#94 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2022 12:56:18 PM

McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Nothing positive to look forward to
watesh
#95 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 10:27:06 AM

McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Centum RE and TRDL are the deciding factors....Longhorn, Sidian, Isuzu, NAS Servair, Greenblade growers, Nabo Capital and ACE Holdings all seem to be doing fine. But real estate make up a large chunk of the assets
VituVingiSana
#96 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 4:47:26 PM

watesh wrote:
McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Centum RE and TRDL are the deciding factors....Longhorn, Sidian, Isuzu, NAS Servair, Greenblade growers, Nabo Capital and ACE Holdings all seem to be doing fine. But real estate make up a large chunk of the assets

CRE seems to be doing OK but the real cash will come in later as properties are completed and handed over.

Deposits and monthly payments from clients (Cascadia, Palm) are used to fund the completion of the units as well as cover expenses (staff and interest).

The cream is when the "unsold" units are sold prior or after completion. These units have been build using the "profits" from the earlier sales. Some folks will only buy completed or near-completed units after being burnt by shady developers who sell off-plan.

Suraya comes to mind. There are so many other smaller players.

Isuzu, Nabo and Longhorn will likely pay dividends.
NAS is probably bleeding given COVID's after effects and low tourism.
Sidian doesn't pay dividends according to their Annual Report since the bank is growing. It had a Rights Issue.
ACE might be losing money unless all the kids returned to school. With the economic malaise some kids may not have returned.
Greenblade was losing money due to COVID (reduced exports) but I read it is expanding so no dividends should be expected as it grows.

TRDC is a black hole. It is probably doing better now than in 2020/21 but it needs a lot of work on the mall. Also lots of empty spaces in the mall. Go upstairs. One office tower remains empty.
watesh
#97 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 7:41:59 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
watesh wrote:
McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

CRE seems to be doing OK but the real cash will come in later as properties are completed and handed over.

Deposits and monthly payments from clients (Cascadia, Palm) are used to fund the completion of the units as well as cover expenses (staff and interest).

The cream is when the "unsold" units are sold prior or after completion. These units have been build using the "profits" from the earlier sales. Some folks will only buy completed or near-completed units after being burnt by shady developers who sell off-plan.

Sidian doesn't pay dividends according to their Annual Report since the bank is growing. It had a Rights Issue.
ACE might be losing money unless all the kids returned to school. With the economic malaise some kids may not have returned.
Greenblade was losing money due to COVID (reduced exports) but I read it is expanding so no dividends should be expected as it grows.

TRDC is a black hole. It is probably doing better now than in 2020/21 but it needs a lot of work on the mall. Also lots of empty spaces in the mall. Go upstairs. One office tower remains empty.

So technically as shareholders, we are at the mercy of Vipingo Development LTD to do land sales and push a dividend to Centum so that we can get a substantial amount per share. I wonder what happened to the deal with GEM Global Yield
VituVingiSana
#98 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 8:05:06 PM

watesh wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
watesh wrote:
McGill wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

So technically as shareholders, we are at the mercy of Vipingo Development LTD to do land sales and push a dividend to Centum so that we can get a substantial amount per share. I wonder what happened to the deal with GEM Global Yield
Real Estate development is a business that requires a lot of cash.

According to the Chairman/CEO in the Annual Report and Presentation, the dividend is paid from cash earnings from the Marketable Securities. The win over KRA released 3bn of the 7bn that was locked which will help.

I think Centum will pay a hefty dividend only after Cascadia is sold out. There are 400 units and only 57% sold as of Sep 2021. The balance of 43% need to be built and funding will be needed.
VituVingiSana
#99 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2022 3:29:43 AM

Centum to sell its stake in Sidian to Access (Nigeria) for Shs 4.3bn
https://twitter.com/Mwan...t=10KQ-Nq5Z7tqsNpl0HUOug
watesh
#100 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2022 8:51:27 AM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Centum to sell its stake in Sidian to Access (Nigeria) for Shs 4.3bn
https://twitter.com/Mwan...=10KQ-Nq5Z7tqsNpl0HUOug[/quote]

On a P/E basis, they got a good deal as per the current market valuations. However, they lost money overall over the 13 years despite bringing it to higher profitability than when they bought it.

The potential in the banking industry seemed so much bigger, especially with the approval of risk-based pricing and higher interest rates. Anyway if they take that money and buy KCB shares at the current market price, assuming a 30% payout, the dividends they get would be almost equal to the full year profit Sidian brought in. So better returns out there for sure.