wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Is the NSE Dead??
VituVingiSana
#61 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2023 10:16:32 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
KCB is yet to see bad things. For Safaricom, Ethiopia will take time to bring positive contribution to the profits & Ndegwa still doesn't inspire 3+ years down the line.

Let me swear & die with the traditional; BAT, Stanchart & ABSA. Thinking of Williamson & Kapchorua 🤔

All "controlled" by foreigners smile

ABSA's market cap > KCB market cap shows how much KCB's share price has fallen. Huge NPLs.

I really enjoy the dividends from WTK/KTC but the catch is politics come 2027. I think in 2008 they had equipment that was destroyed.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
My 2 cents
#62 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 5:28:34 PM

Nikubaya!!!!!!!
When will we reach bottom for heavensake!!!!
wukan
#63 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 8:12:58 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
Nikubaya!!!!!!!

Relax the macros are starting to moderate. Dollar index failed to get to march to 110. Local bond yields are now above eurobond. CBK finally stopped maintaining the artificial exchange rate.

Always good to remember when George Soros was shorting the pound he had hedged by also buying UK equities. Currency depreciations are good for equities.

My 2 cents
#64 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 1:48:27 PM

The Kenya shilling is chasing bonds and USD. Meaning investors are generally buying these two assets - Bonds and USD. The CBK governor has just stated that the shilling is still over-valued. So those who are wisely protecting their purchasing power are divesting from the Kenya Shilling.
VituVingiSana
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 2:13:30 PM

wukan wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Nikubaya!!!!!!!

Relax the macros are starting to moderate. Dollar index failed to get to march to 110. Local bond yields are now above eurobond. CBK finally stopped maintaining the artificial exchange rate.

Always good to remember when George Soros was shorting the pound he had hedged by also buying UK equities. Currency depreciations are good for equities.

Currency depreciations are good for equities.
Not for all equities.

Firms with huge FX loans suffering huge FX losses
KPLC
KQ
Unga

And many, many more.

Unless you are net cash [no FX debt] eg Carbacid or an exporter eg WTK, you will suffer losses.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
wukan
#66 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 2:15:22 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
The Kenya shilling is chasing bonds and USD. Meaning investors are generally buying these two assets - Bonds and USD. The CBK governor has just stated that the shilling is still over-valued. So those who are wisely protecting their purchasing power are divesting from the Kenya Shilling.

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.

Every housewife is now talking about infrastructure bonds and USD. A shoeshine lad will tell you Kshs is headed to 200. It's time to get out of that trade
VituVingiSana
#67 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 2:16:16 PM

My 2 cents wrote:

USD MMFs > KES Bonds > Equities for now.
wukan
#68 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 2:17:22 PM

Pigs get slaughtered

VituVingiSana
#69 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 2:23:11 PM

wukan wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

Every housewife is now talking about infrastructure bonds and USD. A shoeshine lad will tell you Kshs is headed to 200. It's time to get out of that trade

Jibran Qureishi of Stanbic told us about the KES falling like a rock lakini Njoro threatened Stanbic KE.
Anyway, here we are!
VituVingiSana
#70 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2023 2:28:47 PM

wukan wrote:

Pigs get slaughtered

Ghana did not default on its bonds Laughing out loudly
They just restructured them to pay 0% when inflation is 40% Laughing out loudly
wukan
#71 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 8:08:20 AM

Quote:
Retail investors have loaned the Kenyan government an extra Sh174 billion this year as they flee from the stock market which has lost 29.4 percent of its wealth since January.

Source

You can't make this stuff upPray

obiero
#72 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 2:59:15 PM

wukan wrote:
Quote:
Retail investors have loaned the Kenyan government an extra Sh174 billion this year as they flee from the stock market which has lost 29.4 percent of its wealth since January.

Source

You can't make this stuff upPray

Benjamin Graham has always been right

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
wukan
#73 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2023 6:28:14 AM

Pigs get slaughtered.smile

Let's see how this plays

wukan
#74 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2024 2:20:52 PM

wukan wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

Reason I like trading macros, you catch the wind it will sail you far.

USD speculators got a good kick in the nuts. Equities was a good hedgesmile