wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

How to Make Money
murchr
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:36:51 PM

Its only after you watch TV in other countries that you realize our infomercials and commercials are crap.

I saw some feature by Carnivore's master chef on how Acacia makaa is good for grilling meat as its juices give the meat some nice flavor and just took up the info and moved on then.....months/years later I bump into this

That Acacia Mwiko is going for about 2000 Kenya shilling and its selling like hot cake - over 5Million sold. Yaani, in this life if we dont make money its because our ubongo ime lala.

Happy 2021.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
amorphous
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2020 1:28:12 PM

I blame our school systemDrool .
1. The average Kenyan KCPE-KCSE-UoN etc pipeline graduate who gets straight A's for cramming useless junk they will never use has been conditioned to be averse to making mistakes. To get all straight As means failure is what you fear most by design. But to succeed in the real world, failure is the norm before success. This is why very few of them can work outside of wage slavery, let alone succeed at bizna.
2. Those who actually can be entrepreneurs are mostly unimaginative small time copycats
3. Stolen money scions of course know nothing about entrepreneurship so they will either run the family wealth down or if they do anything entrepreneurial they will do something laughable like use the shamba inherited from mama and papa to grow maize and beans with a tractorLaughing out loudly
4. Most Kenyans are scared of value addition, branding and marketing, this is why those who can do so climb to a league of their own.

Ni hayo tu.
Age and family mellows us all over time
murchr
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2020 9:11:31 PM

DATA DATA DATA DATA.....

Happy 2021.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#4 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2021 11:07:33 AM

murchr wrote:

DATA DATA DATA DATA.....

Happy 2021.

yeap!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
amorphous
#5 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2021 11:35:10 AM

Quote:
This policy initiative, unveiled on 12th December 2017, places one of the four main targets of the Government’s priorities up to the year 2022 as an increase contribution of the manufacturing to GDP from the current 8.4% to 15%. Across the World, the manufacturing sector has played an important role in driving economic development by stimulating and sustaining high productive growth, boosting employment opportunities for semi-skilled labour and building country competitiveness through exports. Very few countries in the world have managed to industrialize and develop without the manufacturing sector playing a leading role. Kenya, like many other developing countries, has not managed to develop a robust manufacturing sector and growth has been primarily driven by the agriculture and services sectors respectively. The country has thus experienced a premature deindustrialization as evinced by the decline in GDP contribution by the manufacturing sector which was at a paltry 8.4% in 2017 and 9.2% in 2016. Deindustrialization has been characterized by a rising share of the services sector in GDP and fuelled debate as to whether services can replace the manufacturing sector as an engine of economic growth

SOURCE: https://kam.co.ke/kam/wp...ep-Dive-Report-2018.pdf

Educated Kiinyans just like to prate gums praaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and talk siasa and junk all day with their shiny degrees hanging on the wall.

How many well educated Kiinyans with their straight A's do you know as business titans in this country?

Look at the Meralis (can barely speak English properly)
The Devkis
The Chandarias
The Mungas
The late Kirimas
The late Karumes
and so many more

They are barely literate!

Where are the "brainiace straight A's" and their high flying businesses. HAKUNA.

You do not need to be a rocket scientist to read the raw exported tea leaves (pun fully intended) on the wall.

face it

MIDDLE CLASS KENYANS ARE SCARED OF BIASHARA, LET ALONE VALUE ADDITION IN BIASHARA, AS THEY DO NOT HAVE THE TALENT AND FORTITUDE FOR IT.

Nimesema!

Impunity
#6 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2021 8:20:01 PM

murchr wrote:
Its only after you watch TV in other countries that you realize our infomercials and commercials are crap.

I saw some feature by Carnivore's master chef on how Acacia makaa is good for grilling meat as its juices give the meat some nice flavor and just took up the info and moved on then.....months/years later I bump into this

That Acacia Mwiko is going for about 2000 Kenya shilling and its selling like hot cake - over 5Million sold. Yaani, in this life if we dont make money its because our ubongo ime lala.

Happy 2021.

And accacia doesnt even grow in Kiashland!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

murchr
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 02, 2021 12:57:11 AM

@Amorphous its the conditioning of the mind that has failed us. We were made to believe that if we scored A's we will be "rewarded" with a university degree which is a precursor to a "good job". I think that was the British way of thinking or is it the RELIGIOUS way of thinking? That if you are good on earth, you shall be rewarded in heaven?

Elsewhere where people succeed a culture of work for pay is ingrained in their mentality and people know there's no reward where there's no sweat. You go to school alright but you still have to work. That's why in places like America its high school kids who are mainly working as waiters/cashiers etc to earn those few $$.

Also, in those countries that are giants, there's a strong brand culture and belief in themselves - MADE in USA, MADE in BRITAIN (Built to last), MAKE IT IN INDIA, have been slogans that have previously been used to push the manufacturing sectors of the various countries.. The Kibaki govt tried with BRAND KENYA but the people who ran the organization do not know what their mandate is. They actually ursurp the duties of Kenya Export council and Kenya Tourism Board & think they should be attending trade fairs abroad (kukula mentality, per diem)

Walk in any supermarket and you just wonder kwani what is wrong with us. We export coconuts to the middle east only for them to bring coconut water/oil/milk/powder etc back to the shelves. I only know of one company producing these products in Kenya and the prices Shame on you Surely, nearly every woman will tell you they would like to cook with coconut milk, they would like to use coconut oil for their cosmetics purposes...kwanini hio potential cannot be explored? Those are jobs ama?

We have to begin with trusting OUR Brands, Our crops, our meat, our product. I will rather buy rice from @mahegoat than get it from Tanzania, but also mahegoat should ensure my trust for his product is not broken the govt should make sure that what mahegoat supplies to the market is of good quality and there should be all measures put in place by govt to ensure that mahegoat does not face undue disadvantage from importers. The only organization that can promote Kenyan brands to Kenyans is Brand Kenya...do you know they exist? Does the average consumer know Kentaste is Kenyan and Kara is Indian? That Kentaste employs Kenyans further empowering kenyan families, pays taxes in Kenya, while Kara is empowering others elsewhere?
Kusadikika
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 02, 2021 3:23:06 AM

Nyinyi kaeni Nairobi mkifikiria mko mbele sana.

These things are made in Kenya by maasai women seated under trees so as 'not to interrupt their way of life'.

They are then sold for top dollar in the international market by Phillip and Katy Leakey.

Kenyan waafrikas are in Nairobi hustling and discussing BBI. Kenyan wazungus are in the bundus making money. They come to Nairobi in their private planes for shopping.

https://olkerii.com/collections/home-interior

Kusadikika
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 02, 2021 3:38:01 AM

amorphous
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 02, 2021 8:12:47 AM

murchr wrote:
@Amorphous its the conditioning of the mind that has failed us. We were made to believe that if we scored A's we will be "rewarded" with a university degree which is a precursor to a "good job". I think that was the British way of thinking or is it the RELIGIOUS way of thinking? That if you are good on earth, you shall be rewarded in heaven?

Elsewhere where people succeed a culture of work for pay is ingrained in their mentality and people know there's no reward where there's no sweat. You go to school alright but you still have to work. That's why in places like America its high school kids who are mainly working as waiters/cashiers etc to earn those few $$.

Also, in those countries that are giants, there's a strong brand culture and belief in themselves - MADE in USA, MADE in BRITAIN (Built to last), MAKE IT IN INDIA, have been slogans that have previously been used to push the manufacturing sectors of the various countries.. The Kibaki govt tried with BRAND KENYA but the people who ran the organization do not know what their mandate is. They actually ursurp the duties of Kenya Export council and Kenya Tourism Board & think they should be attending trade fairs abroad (kukula mentality, per diem)

Walk in any supermarket and you just wonder kwani what is wrong with us. We export coconuts to the middle east only for them to bring coconut water/oil/milk/powder etc back to the shelves. I only know of one company producing these products in Kenya and the prices Shame on you Surely, nearly every woman will tell you they would like to cook with coconut milk, they would like to use coconut oil for their cosmetics purposes...kwanini hio potential cannot be explored? Those are jobs ama?

We have to begin with trusting OUR Brands, Our crops, our meat, our product. I will rather buy rice from @mahegoat than get it from Tanzania, but also mahegoat should ensure my trust for his product is not broken the govt should make sure that what mahegoat supplies to the market is of good quality and there should be all measures put in place by govt to ensure that mahegoat does not face undue disadvantage from importers. The only organization that can promote Kenyan brands to Kenyans is Brand Kenya...do you know they exist? Does the average consumer know Kentaste is Kenyan and Kara is Indian? That Kentaste employs Kenyans further empowering kenyan families, pays taxes in Kenya, while Kara is empowering others elsewhere?

This is why I say that those who can value add join a league of their own in Kiinya with very few competitors. Instead of growing cypress and selling raw logs, the genius who is able to grow the trees, mill them, build beautiful, quality, premium-priced doors and furniture from that process is light years ahead. One single mature tree can generate hundreds of thousands in profits from such a venture. But sadly, most are too lazy or too scared (or both) to do so.

Beberus will willingly pay an arm and a leg for such

murchr
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 02, 2021 9:42:34 PM

Almost all Nairobians like mama mboga to chop their sukuma wiki...is their a company that has thought of chopping and packing these?
essyk
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2021 6:43:18 PM

murchr wrote:
Almost all Nairobians like mama mboga to chop their sukuma wiki...is their a company that has thought of chopping and packing these?

Zucchini,Vegpro AAA,ok they are quite a number-go to the grocery section and see variety.

The person buying 10 bob worth of chopped sukuma will not buy it packed at 25/-
Identify your target and join the competition, just rem to add value.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
murchr
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2021 7:58:43 PM

essyk wrote:
murchr wrote:

Zucchini,Vegpro AAA,ok they are quite a number-go to the grocery section and see variety.

Hawa wanauza wapi? I have never seen anything like that on the grocery section. Clearly they are not selling to me yet I can afford that 25/- Is the 10/- mama mboga pack the same size as the 25/- pack? I would pay more to avoid H-pylori
essyk
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2021 9:32:12 PM

murchr wrote:
essyk wrote:
murchr wrote:

Hawa wanauza wapi? I have never seen anything like that on the grocery section. Clearly they are not selling to me yet I can afford that 25/- Is the 10/- mama mboga pack the same size as the 25/- pack? I would pay more to avoid H-pylori

Check Zucchini ABC place.They even have shredded spinach and lots of other freshly packed and blended veges and fruits- There suppliers are guys like AAA(triple a, people who farm for export.
They must be having the same at their Yaya and Junction outlets..

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
murchr
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2021 10:32:44 PM

essyk wrote:
murchr wrote:
essyk wrote:
murchr wrote:

Check Zucchini ABC place.They even have shredded spinach and lots of other freshly packed and blended veges and fruits- There suppliers are guys like AAA(triple a, people who farm for export.
They must be having the same at their Yaya and Junction outlets..

Why not Naivas?

Why is there no company having this as a business. Packaging cut veges and do it in a hygienic way?