wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ICT Practitioner Bill...Again
alma1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2020 7:45:52 PM

I'm getting more tired of this Uhuru thing daily.

In the past week, I've seen KPLC with their sijui bill to charge millions to use solar power...

Matapakas maybe the next power source maybe Covid.

Lakini, this Google guy.

Has brought this bill again.

To support our next +71 mpigs from Alai.

I did not vote for this Uhuru guy.

I did not want to vote for Looto.

Lakini

Aiiiiii!!!!

If you buy a plot in the Dominican republic for 20 million, you shall be a citizen and can go to the US and the EU as you like.

Just sayin........

This bill is coming from a guy who worked in Google..Total nonsense.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

mv_ufanisi
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 7:11:39 AM

The Bill is sponsored by Godfrey Osotsi a Nominated MP (ANC) who last year was about to be expelled from his party.

So an entire industry is about to get cut in the feet by over regulation and over taxation.

All this for the benefit of a new bureaucracy whose work entails nothing more than collecting rents from hard working Kenyans who already pay tax.

According to this bill no one has the right to collect any fees unless they are a licensed practitioner.

A university student will be unable to lawfully collect their fees on building a website because they are not a licensed ICT Practictioner.

In stead of coming up with ideas to create new wealth there's a cabal that is angling on how they will be able to leech off a nascent industry and in the process destroy it in its infancy.

Then there's the fine of 500k or a jail term of two years for practicing without a license. So if a university student at JKUAT builds a website as a side hustle without a license he/she will be committing an offense that will land him/her in jail if they don't have that 500k.

Unbelievable.

Tech companies and any developers in Kenya need to come out strongly against this bill.

I'm yet to see such a clear abuse of the legislature as this.

There's not much difference between this kind of legislation and Mungiki protection fees.
aemathenge
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 10:27:13 AM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
The Bill is sponsored by Godfrey Osotsi a Nominated MP (ANC) who last year was about to be expelled from his party.

So an entire industry is about to get cut in the feet by over regulation and over taxation.

All this for the benefit of a new bureaucracy whose work entails nothing more than collecting rents from hard working Kenyans who already pay tax.

According to this bill no one has the right to collect any fees unless they are a licensed practitioner.

A university student will be unable to lawfully collect their fees on building a website because they are not a licensed ICT Practictioner.

In stead of coming up with ideas to create new wealth there's a cabal that is angling on how they will be able to leech off a nascent industry and in the process destroy it in its infancy.

Then there's the fine of 500k or a jail term of two years for practicing without a license. So if a university student at JKUAT builds a website as a side hustle without a license he/she will be committing an offense that will land him/her in jail if they don't have that 500k.

Unbelievable.

Tech companies and any developers in Kenya need to come out strongly against this bill.

There's not much difference between this kind of legislation and Mungiki protection fees.

Sasa munataka nifanye nini? Yatani

Yatani: Brace yourselves for tough times
Thursday, December 03, 2020

“I will be dishonest if I say everything is okay.

We are in a state never witnessed before.

The drastic reduction in revenue and underperformance of the economy is a concern.”

The country plans to spend Sh3 trillion in the current financial year but Treasury will borrow more to bridge the Sh841 billion gaping hole.

Mr. Yatani said Kenya’s public debt stands at Sh7.2 trillion, about 71.2 percent of the GDP.

[b]Source: The Daily Nation: Link: https://nation.africa/ke...es-tough-times--3217084[/b]
aemathenge
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 10:54:28 AM

mv_ufanisi wrote:

Industry Regulation.

Industry Taxation.

When Shaina and Kenians turn to the "industry" to carry out basic transactions, expect Ngavament to follow in regulation and taxation.

"Kenyan traders have gone virtual in selling tea and coffee via Chinese e-commerce platforms.

The China-Central & East Africa (Kenya) International Trade Digital Expo (CCPIT) platform will also serve as a virtual marketplace for Kenyan traders to shop for any products from Chinese factories, largely driven by Covid-19 related challenges that discouraged physical travel to the populous and industrious nation."

Source: The Business Daily Link: https://www.businessdail...ital-trade-deal-3216770[/i]

... even the agriculture sector is turning to the "industry"... why not the regulator and the taxman?

How pandemic is pushing agribusinesses to adopt tech

[i]"The Covid-19 pandemic has exposed the soft underbelly of agribusinesses in Africa on multiple levels.

Left behind digitally, the majority of agribusiness are now trying to catch up as customers and suppliers move to online sites amid the Covid-19’s restrictions.

With the shifting dynamics, farming businesses are banking on technology to beat Covid-19 woes and thrive going forward."

Source: The Business Daily Link: https://www.businessdail...es-to-adopt-tech-3216764
kayhara
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 10:57:07 AM

These people actively ruining the country, then few years they join us in the streets complaining, licensing has become just a revenue issue, these days they don't even care what you do as long as you have paid for your license. Now this bill will move money out of kenya with services like squarespace and wix, don't they realize you can have a website made and hosted outside kenya? stupid
To Each His Own
mv_ufanisi
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 4:25:37 PM

aemathenge wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

Unbelievable.

Sasa munataka nifanye nini? Yatani

Yatani: Brace yourselves for tough times
Thursday, December 03, 2020

“I will be dishonest if I say everything is okay.

We are in a state never witnessed before.

The drastic reduction in revenue and underperformance of the economy is a concern.”

The country plans to spend Sh3 trillion in the current financial year but Treasury will borrow more to bridge the Sh841 billion gaping hole.

Mr. Yatani said Kenya’s public debt stands at Sh7.2 trillion, about 71.2 percent of the GDP.

[b]Source: The Daily Nation: Link: https://nation.africa/ke...es-tough-times--3217084[/b]

This is not an issue of taxation but adding red tape to an industry that is fast moving and where even Kenyan developers can work abroad.

The Ease of Doing Business Index by the World Bank measures how many huddles citizens in various countries have to jump before starting a business.

This ICT Practitioners Bill is adding unnecessary and ill conceived (except for the purpose of rent collection) licenses and costs to the tech industry whereas most countries are even trying to give start ups incentives to thrive by giving funding and the like.

The license fees do not even accrue to KRA but to a new professional body whose work is just to monkey around and collect fees.

The only outcome of this is stifling opportunities for young Kenyans while creating a new rent collector that sucks value out of the ecosystem.
murchr
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2020 4:55:02 PM

This is to remindyou that the Dominican Republic is looking for settlers to become Citizens. With your money there stress zingine zitaisha. Dual Citizenship is protected in the constitution
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore