wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Why do many Kenyans despise Nissans and love Toyotas?
sqft
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2020 9:33:55 PM

sparkly wrote:
sqft wrote:
sparkly wrote:
World wide motor vehicle Market Share 2019

Toyota. 10.24%
Volkswagen 7.59%
Ford. 5.59%
Honda. 5.46%
Nissan 5.15%
Hyundai 5.05%
Chevrolet 4.52%
Kia. 3.35%
Mercedes 2.94%
BMW 2.62%

Source: https://www.statista.com...the-leading-automakers/

The richest/most advanced countries don't drive toyotas. Toyota ni ya hustlers.

Another Mugundaman argument when confronted with Facts:

1. That worldwide, for every one Nissan, Honda, Ford, or Volkswagen, there are 2 Toyotas.
2. Secondly, the primary new vehicle markets are advanced countries.
3. Thirdly Toyota is not only Corollas. Some models like Lexus and Z10 are trully luxury, not for hustlers.
4. Fourthly, even the so called advanced brands including Mercedes, Volkswagen Group, Honda, Peugeot have budget models.

You may go round and round trying to prove that Toyota doesn't have the largest worldwide market share but facts say otherwise.

What the germans, british and americans are driving is more important than what the world is driving. They are the ones who discovered automobiles.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sparkly
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2020 9:56:25 PM

sqft wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sqft wrote:
sparkly wrote:
World wide motor vehicle Market Share 2019

Toyota. 10.24%
Volkswagen 7.59%
Ford. 5.59%
Honda. 5.46%
Nissan 5.15%
Hyundai 5.05%
Chevrolet 4.52%
Kia. 3.35%
Mercedes 2.94%
BMW 2.62%

Source: https://www.statista.com...the-leading-automakers/

The richest/most advanced countries don't drive toyotas. Toyota ni ya hustlers.

1. That worldwide, for every one Nissan, Honda, Ford, or Volkswagen, there are 2 Toyotas.
2. Secondly, the primary new vehicle markets are advanced countries.
3. Thirdly Toyota is not only Corollas. Some models like Lexus and Z10 are trully luxury, not for hustlers.
4. Fourthly, even the so called advanced brands including Mercedes, Volkswagen Group, Honda, Peugeot have budget models.

You may go round and round trying to prove that Toyota doesn't have the largest worldwide market share but facts say otherwise.

What the germans, british and americans are driving is more important than what the world is driving. They are the ones who discovered automobiles.

You are right, the Germans, British and Americans are not of this world. They are from another planet. Pewa mzinga on that profound point.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Tokyo
#23 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 3:36:59 AM

sqft wrote:
Japan:

1 Toyota Prius
2 Nissan Note
3 Toyota Sienta
4 Toyota Corolla
5 Toyota Aqua
6 Nissan Serena
7 Toyota Roomy
8 Toyota Voxy
9 Honda Freed
10 Toyota Vitz

Counter check your sources. Only Prius among top 10 models in Japan
work to prosper
amorphous
#24 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:06:08 AM

sparkly wrote:

Sparkles,
You have been behaving well lately. Can't you present your points without invoking MM's name, unless he is your oxygen?smile
New Normal!
amorphous
#25 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:11:13 AM

Lolest! wrote:
Why do Kenyans despise all other Japanese cars & love Toyota?smile

To veer off the main point a bit(sorry armophous), what about car features?

Just noted that Mazdas have very good features. I think Hondas too.Like the budget ones will be having features which you can only get with top range Toyotas & Subarus.

Seen someone own Mazda after Mazda

Kenyans are copycats that's why. Once an urban legend reaches critical mass, then it becomes gospel truth. Remember quails?

I see it all the time in construction pia. You introduce a new feature that looks nice to your mjengo and all of a sudden all your jiranis are asking for the number of the fundi who did it. In no time all the houses in the surrounding areas have it and it just keeps going from there.

On Mazda. Mazda ni mkebe bin mkebe, why lie. I once owned a Mazda pickup majuu. It was dirt cheap to begin with. That should have been a sure red flag. Despite investing in servicing it, it had serious overheating probos kila saa. Every two months it was in the garage for one thing or another. I vowed never again!
New Normal!
sqft
#26 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:59:48 AM

Tokyo wrote:
sqft wrote:
Japan:

1 Toyota Prius
2 Nissan Note
3 Toyota Sienta
4 Toyota Corolla
5 Toyota Aqua
6 Nissan Serena
7 Toyota Roomy
8 Toyota Voxy
9 Honda Freed
10 Toyota Vitz

My link. https://www.statista.com...ales-in-japan-by-model/

Which are the top ten kwa ground.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
otienosmall
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:32:36 PM

My personal experience; As a young man my first ride was a Nissan Sunny B12, 1500cc carburetor. It didn’t have much issues other than normal service and on one occasion I replaced the ball joints. I had bought it cheaply at 180k. Sold the car after 3 years use at 210K!
I bought my second car a Toyota Raum at 680k 1500cc EFI. Raum also didn’t have much issues apart from normal service. I sold the Raum after 4yrs at a depreciated price of 370K. I lost to a big extent with the Raum. I also observed that the Raum was a guzzler when compared to Sunny despite both having similar engine displacement. Apparently, Nissan engines are very economical on gas.
I bought yet another car this time a Honda. My neighbour had a Toyota of similar class to my Honda. One morning he found both his side mirrors gone. The Honda was intact despite the two being parked side by side. Replacing them costed him an arm and a leg.
From my observation, Toyotas are just overrated for no solid reason. Interestingly, Daihatsu Be-go and Toyota Rush are the same yet in the Kenyan market, the Rush will cost you more to get.
mugo2of3
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:20:04 AM

Growing up my Dad’s 1st car was a Mazda; never forgave them for 2 engine overhauls in 2 years. His next car was a Toyota Corolla station wagon; generally, more reliable.

In the early 201* I was mostly a rent-a-car guy.
Nissans: - a little heavy; not good for our roads. Fuel efficiency not so good, maybe the cars were just badly maintained.
The Toyotas were generally dependable.

1st car 2013 – Nissan B14 (1500cc), same issues with the above. Resell value was moderate.
2nd car 2014 – Toyota Premio (1800cc) excellent car, same spend on fuel like the B14! Sadly, written off at the end of 2019; I would have gotten 60% of its original value after 5 years use; which would have been a good return.

Other cars experienced: - T.Probox, VW Touran, Suzuki
Some accusations leveled on Kenyans that are true:-
- Copy-cats (Quails n Houses… ha ha)
- We think that our cars don’t depreciate
- Are a kadogo economy hence need for low initial cost, fuel-efficiency, spare parts, etc.
Kenya is the biggest importer of ex-Japan (used) cars in the world; we set the often-high prices for cars under 8 years after which their values plummet like an ex-dividend Scan Group stock. Hence you’re likely to find a Toyota, Nissan, Honda or Mazda model on our roads.

Last year, one Peter Munya tried to lower the maximum age of imported cars and was quickly shot down. The arguments against this were mostly logical facts that I supported.

IMO VW and other German cars are not for our infrastructure and upcountry needs. One small incident and your journey is cancelled; experienced it once.

I recently tried to detach myself from Toyota dependence when considering a SUV to buy. Thought about the Suzuki Escudo, Honda CRV, Mazda CX5, Nissan Xtrail, etc. Guess what I settled on…
…Toyota Rav4. My excuse is world-wide reviews. But then again I’m a Kenyan. I give up!
amorphous
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 1:33:11 PM

otienosmall wrote:
My personal experience; As a young man my first ride was a Nissan Sunny B12, 1500cc carburetor. It didn’t have much issues other than normal service and on one occasion I replaced the ball joints. I had bought it cheaply at 180k. Sold the car after 3 years use at 210K!
I bought my second car a Toyota Raum at 680k 1500cc EFI. Raum also didn’t have much issues apart from normal service. I sold the Raum after 4yrs at a depreciated price of 370K. I lost to a big extent with the Raum. I also observed that the Raum was a guzzler when compared to Sunny despite both having similar engine displacement. Apparently, Nissan engines are very economical on gas.
I bought yet another car this time a Honda. My neighbour had a Toyota of similar class to my Honda. One morning he found both his side mirrors gone. The Honda was intact despite the two being parked side by side. Replacing them costed him an arm and a leg.
From my observation, Toyotas are just overrated for no solid reason. Interestingly, Daihatsu Be-go and Toyota Rush are the same yet in the Kenyan market, the Rush will cost you more to get.

Interesting I guess there are positives and negatives to everything. I have also heard that Toyotas and Toyota parts go like hotcake (wagondii yaani dhags) due to their high demand
New Normal!
amorphous
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 1:35:27 PM

mugo2of3 wrote:
Growing up my Dad’s 1st car was a Mazda; never forgave them for 2 engine overhauls in 2 years. His next car was a Toyota Corolla station wagon; generally, more reliable.

In the early 201* I was mostly a rent-a-car guy.
Nissans: - a little heavy; not good for our roads. Fuel efficiency not so good, maybe the cars were just badly maintained.
The Toyotas were generally dependable.

1st car 2013 – Nissan B14 (1500cc), same issues with the above. Resell value was moderate.
2nd car 2014 – Toyota Premio (1800cc) excellent car, same spend on fuel like the B14! Sadly, written off at the end of 2019; I would have gotten 60% of its original value after 5 years use; which would have been a good return.

Other cars experienced: - T.Probox, VW Touran, Suzuki
Some accusations leveled on Kenyans that are true:-
- Copy-cats (Quails n Houses… ha ha)
- We think that our cars don’t depreciate
- Are a kadogo economy hence need for low initial cost, fuel-efficiency, spare parts, etc.
Kenya is the biggest importer of ex-Japan (used) cars in the world; we set the often-high prices for cars under 8 years after which their values plummet like an ex-dividend Scan Group stock. Hence you’re likely to find a Toyota, Nissan, Honda or Mazda model on our roads.

Last year, one Peter Munya tried to lower the maximum age of imported cars and was quickly shot down. The arguments against this were mostly logical facts that I supported.

IMO VW and other German cars are not for our infrastructure and upcountry needs. One small incident and your journey is cancelled; experienced it once.

I recently tried to detach myself from Toyota dependence when considering a SUV to buy. Thought about the Suzuki Escudo, Honda CRV, Mazda CX5, Nissan Xtrail, etc. Guess what I settled on…
…Toyota Rav4. My excuse is world-wide reviews. But then again I’m a Kenyan. I give up!

He he he he he enjoyed reading this. The more opinions I hear, the more I realise that all roads lead to Toyota and it looks like so will I!
New Normal!
Tokyo
#31 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 3:37:12 AM

sqft wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
[quote=sqft]Japan:

1 Toyota Prius
2 Nissan Note
3 Toyota Sienta
4 Toyota Corolla
5 Toyota Aqua
6 Nissan Serena
7 Toyota Roomy
8 Toyota Voxy
9 Honda Freed
10 Toyota Vitz

Which are the top ten kwa ground

.[/Brand Model Sales 2019
1 Honda N-BOX 253,500
2 Daihatsu Tanto 175,292
3 Suzuki Spacia 166,389
4 Nissan Days 157,439
5 Toyota Prius 125,587
6 Daihatsu Move 122,835
7 Nissan Note 118,472
8 Toyota Sienta 110,880
9 Toyota Corolla 104,406
10 Toyota Aqua 103,803
work to prosper
sqft
#32 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 12:25:26 PM

Tokyo wrote:
sqft wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
[quote=sqft]Japan:

1 Toyota Prius
2 Nissan Note
3 Toyota Sienta
4 Toyota Corolla
5 Toyota Aqua
6 Nissan Serena
7 Toyota Roomy
8 Toyota Voxy
9 Honda Freed
10 Toyota Vitz

Which are the top ten kwa ground

.[/Brand Model Sales 2019
1 Honda N-BOX 253,500
2 Daihatsu Tanto 175,292
3 Suzuki Spacia 166,389
4 Nissan Days 157,439
5 Toyota Prius 125,587
6 Daihatsu Move 122,835
7 Nissan Note 118,472
8 Toyota Sienta 110,880
9 Toyota Corolla 104,406
10 Toyota Aqua 103,803

Ok. My link had excluded the kei cars.
Tokyo
#33 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 12:49:00 PM

sqft wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
sqft wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
[quote=sqft]Japan:

1 Toyota Prius
2 Nissan Note
3 Toyota Sienta
4 Toyota Corolla
5 Toyota Aqua