wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
BJ 50
Lolest!
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 12:26:30 PM

Just learnt that our latest car, the BJ 50 is actually a four wheel Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Njogu said the BJ50 is powered by a 150cc motorcycle engine to reduce fuel consumption.
According to Njogu, the cost of making one tuk-tuk is Sh300,000 thus they would have to sell one vehicle for Sh450,000 to cover other production expenses and make a profit.

Not so bad if it's an improved Tuk Tuk IMO, just need improve on the aesthetics.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
newfarer
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 5:59:19 PM

Lolest! wrote:

Quote:
Njogu said the BJ50 is powered by a 150cc motorcycle engine to reduce fuel consumption.
According to Njogu, the cost of making one tuk-tuk is Sh300,000 thus they would have to sell one vehicle for Sh450,000 to cover other production expenses and make a profit.

Not so bad if it's an improved Tuk Tuk IMO, just need improve on the aesthetics.

That price is too high.
punda amecheka
essyk
#3 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 1:02:42 AM

Waaaaa!
We joke too much.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
madollar
#4 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:43:51 AM

essyk wrote:
Waaaaa!
We joke too much.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Unacheka huyu lazima ako na SWOT analysis kwa hiyo business plan yake.all eyes being on grant manenos
Fyatu
#5 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 8:22:59 AM

Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

Looks like Kenyan craftmanship to me. A common Kenyan style of fabricating metal by Juakali artisans/engineers spread across the country. Look at the joints/corners of BJ-50. That is Kenyan style.

I dont find fault in the aesthetics. Even the goodlooking Ford ranger 2020 model was once an ugly beast but still resembles its ancestors in a peculiar "American style".
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
masukuma
#6 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 8:40:35 AM

if you have ever attempted to do something from 0 you will respect this man. can the BJ sell? No! should he keep at it? YES! v.0.0.1 is always a very ugly thing but it normally does what needs to be done - in this case MOVE. he should stay at it.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
AlphDoti
#7 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 8:51:07 AM

newfarer wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

That price is too high.

If only we had a sane gava to step in and subsidize and sponsor more research until the brand picks up!
Swenani
#8 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:29:27 AM

newfarer wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

That price is too high.

So , it's a motorcycle engine in a juakali box
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#9 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:32:59 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

That price is too high.

If only we had a sane gava to step in and subsidize and sponsor more research until the brand picks up!

Kua serious, which research? If I take a SUV engine and fix it in a large jua kali metal box and call it a truck doesn't it qualify to be an innovation?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kmucheke
#10 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:15:02 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

That price is too high.

He should first get IP rights to for his invention. He should then approach one of the many government institutions. They are not easy to work with but he has to try. He should also improve further and aim at building a zero emission vehicle.
There is a guy who has come up with an electric mkokoteni and tuk-tuk that is being backed by the NYS.
https://www.the-star.co....ric-tuk-tuk-innovation/
Quote:
Guantai made the innovation in 2015, and has described the journey before his innovation was finally accepted and patented as 'tumultuous' mainly due to lack of funding.
Believing in the idea however, the then Ministry of Public Service Youth and Gender Affairs housed the innovation within the National Youth Service (NYS), exploiting their mandate for catalysing youth empowerment to explore the promise of this innovation.
After months of intensive works, a new model handcart that does not use human energy and a tuk-tuk that uses zero fuel was been built.
NYS has since backed the innovation and fronted the seed money, expertise, labour and premises to incubate the innovation.

sqft
#11 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:24:32 AM

Swenani wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

That price is too high.

Kua serious, which research? If I take a SUV engine and fix it in a large jua kali metal box and call it a truck doesn't it qualify to be an innovation?

He turned a 3 wheeler to a more practical 4 wheeler that can carry more passengers and more mizigo. So that is innovation. FYI some of the companies we call innovative eg phone, TV, computer companies buy processors and screens from mass producers and them make customized products. So you can also go to kirinyaga rd and buy engines, suspension, gear boxes, etc and make your own customized innovative SUV.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
kmucheke
#12 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:38:15 AM

kmucheke wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

He should first get IP rights to for his invention. He should then approach one of the many government institutions. They are not easy to work with but he has to try. He should also improve further and aim at building a zero emission vehicle.
There is a guy who has come up with an electric mkokoteni and tuk-tuk that is being backed by the NYS.
https://www.the-star.co....ric-tuk-tuk-innovation/
Quote:
Guantai made the innovation in 2015, and has described the journey before his innovation was finally accepted and patented as 'tumultuous' mainly due to lack of funding.
Believing in the idea however, the then Ministry of Public Service Youth and Gender Affairs housed the innovation within the National Youth Service (NYS), exploiting their mandate for catalysing youth empowerment to explore the promise of this innovation.
After months of intensive works, a new model handcart that does not use human energy and a tuk-tuk that uses zero fuel was been built.
NYS has since backed the innovation and fronted the seed money, expertise, labour and premises to incubate the innovation.

More details on the electric handcart and tuk-tuk.

aemathenge
#13 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 12:41:42 PM

Forgive me @Lolest! for I have a dirty mind.

The first thought that came to my mind was Blow Jobs @ Fifty.

Again, my sincere apologies for looking at the headline of your post with dirty mind sunglasses.
murchr
#14 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:55:51 PM

Our neighbor up there.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
muandiwambeu
#15 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:42:53 PM

aemathenge wrote:

Again, my sincere apologies for looking at the headline of your post with dirty mind sunglasses.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I love everything bj but these bj patents and rights and convoluted Government operatives are ruining everything bj and the economy in general.
We shouldn't be weighed down by standards, even chinoneese had to do away with them (reverse engineering) to have their bjs and finally made them hottie, tastier and fashionable to be loathed. but we should have minimum publicaly accepted standards even for very basic bj @50, and inventors should be supported to make bj acceptable to everyone interested in bj @50.Applause
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
muandiwambeu
#16 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:55:50 PM

aemathenge wrote:

,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
kmucheke
#17 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:58:54 PM

murchr wrote:
Our neighbor up there.

First electric car fully assembled by Hyundai Motors in Ethiopia

Marathon Motor Engineering is a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Company and Haile Gebrselassie.

Uganda did an EV some years back. The Ugandan EV is locally designed and assembled.
essyk
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:48:23 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
But why..even if it's innovation..no need to re-invent the wheel and make it worse.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly.
Eish refine, polish, make it attractive for sale otherwise what is the noise abt?
wait.. I see no door..Laughing out loudly
I am done.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
sqft
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:52:30 AM

Interesting to see those who never built even a toy car, ile gari ya segenge/cardboard na bottle top wheels, condemning this man who has built a working vehicle that serves his needs. Those who are doing NOTHING should not stop those who are doing SOMETHING.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
masukuma
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:12:54 AM

sqft wrote:
Interesting to see those who never built even a toy car, ile gari ya segenge/cardboard na bottle top wheels, condemning this man who has built a working vehicle that serves his needs. Those who are doing NOTHING should not stop those who are doing SOMETHING.

Exactly!! so that they can appreciate how hard building things is... let them not ever start with bicycles or wheelchairs... let them start with building kites! let them do something before bad mouthing efforts of INDIVIDUALS.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!