wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Residential or Commercial/Retail Property Investment?
Moorings
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 6:25:17 PM

Greetings!
I write to tap into the vast experience of Wazua folk - it the current status of COVID-19 which has seen MAJOR distabilization in the real estate sector, which would be a safer bet in terms of capital investment; residential or commercial/retail?
nairobby
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 6:29:29 PM

Moorings wrote:
Greetings!
I write to tap into the vast experience of Wazua folk - it the current status of COVID-19 which has seen MAJOR distabilization in the real estate sector, which would be a safer bet in terms of capital investment; residential or commercial/retail?

This is dependent on a lot of factors. Which location?
Moorings
#3 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 6:59:14 PM

The place is on the Northern Bypass road githogoro/runda environs next to Astrol Petrol station
XSK
#4 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 8:56:33 PM

Moorings wrote:
The place is on the Northern Bypass road githogoro/runda environs next to Astrol Petrol station

My bet would be commercial for that specific location
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
amorphous
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 7:23:50 AM

Moorings wrote:
Greetings!

I would go mixed use. Commercial for the first two floors and residential for the upper ones. You are in fact in a sweet spot, right on a major artery. Tenants (both comm and res) will be calling your phone hard and heavy to get space.
Age and family mellows us all over time
Mkimwa
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:21:57 AM

amorphous wrote:
Moorings wrote:
Greetings!

I would go mixed use. Commercial for the first two floors and residential for the upper ones. You are in fact in a sweet spot, right on a major artery. Tenants (both comm and res) will be calling your phone hard and heavy to get space.

I would suggest commercial. You are in the middle of a slum, not sure what residential units you would need to put up to attract tenants, unless its those mabati houses.
sparkly
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 9:38:24 AM

Mkimwa wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Moorings wrote:
Greetings!

I would suggest commercial. You are in the middle of a slum, not sure what residential units you would need to put up to attract tenants, unless its those mabati houses.

I would be hesitant to develop land in the middle of a slum. Capital appreciation, a major component of return from real estate is limited.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Moorings
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 11:57:27 AM

Village Market at one time was a slum/kijiji/village hence its name i guess fortune does indeed favour the brave - thank you all for the input
amorphous
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 12:08:12 PM

Moorings wrote:
Village Market at one time was a slum/kijiji/village hence its name i guess fortune does indeed favour the brave - thank you all for the input

As I said on Jon Jones thread where he asked about building a block of flats, listen to Wazoo naysayers at your own peril. Your land is very prime my broda, as you have pointed out, nothing is static, especially when all these bypasses and new highways are being built. Kangemi is also a slum but wait until Waiyaki way expansion is complete. Ask even at present how much an 1/8th is going there already. Build a mixed use..best of both worlds..you can never go wrong especially in such a prime location. My humble two cents. Good luck and WHEN (not if) you succeed, kindly update us!
sparkly
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 12:24:08 PM

Moorings wrote:

Village Market / Runda was a coffee farm, never a slum. The developers bought the property, planned developments and control development activities up to date. Planning and control has sustained the property prices.
sparkly
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 12:46:41 PM

amorphous wrote:
Moorings wrote:

As I said on Jon Jones thread where he asked about building a block of flats, listen to Wazoo naysayers at your own peril. Your land is very prime my broda, as you have pointed out, nothing is static, especially when all these bypasses and new highways are being built. Kangemi is also a slum but wait until Waiyaki way expansion is complete. Ask even at present how much an 1/8th is going there already. Build a mixed use..best of both worlds..you can never go wrong especially in such a prime location. My humble two cents. Good luck and WHEN (not if) you succeed, kindly update us!

Everybody with a contrary opinion is a naysayer? Grow up
amorphous
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 1:01:47 PM

sparkly wrote:

You had been behaving very well the past two weeks. My suggestion is you keep it that way instead of going back to the "old you" which, as we all know, never ends well when my cyberguns come blazing Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2:02:24 PM

amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:

You had been behaving very well the past two weeks. My suggestion is you keep it that way instead of going back to the "old you" which, as we all know, never ends well when my cyberguns come blazing Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

There is a difference between critique and critic. One involves intellectual input, which is what @moorings asked for.

You are free to launch your infantile cybergun rants.
amorphous
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:04:18 AM

@ Moorings,
Be encouraged, brother. There is nothing that a 14 course wall topped with razorwire and electric fence cannot cure in this here our republic.
If Astrol Oil has invested there, clearly they have seen something the naysayers haven't, ama? Please also remember almost every posh area in Nairobi core borders a slum yet their property values keep skyrocketing like google balloons, so that is no big deal.
sparkly
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:13:55 AM

amorphous wrote:

@ Moorings,
Be encouraged, brother. There is nothing that a 14 course wall topped with razorwire and electric fence cannot cure in this here our republic.
If Astrol Oil has invested there, clearly they have seen something the naysayers haven't, ama? Please also remember almost every posh area in Nairobi core borders a slum yet their property values keep skyrocketing like google balloons, so that is no big deal.

On this day 22 July 2020, @mugundaman affirmed that it is ok for a person to invest elsewhere than DC. The great debate has ended with a fatal shot to his own foot.
amorphous
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:03:33 AM

sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:

@ Moorings,

On this day 22 July 2020, @mugundaman affirmed that it is ok for a person to invest elsewhere than DC. The great debate has ended with a fatal shot to his own foot.

Without amorphous, your life is zero. Just admit it. You tried to do things on your own for only two weeks and look where that took you Laughing out loudly . If I were you I would be doing the same thing (latching onto amorphous for dear life!) so I dont blame you oo Drool
Moorings
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:25:53 AM

Great Wazua people, am humbled from your input in support or otherwise - its has been much appreciated. Asante!
I now embark to do a mixed use - 2 levels of retail/commercial and 2 levels of residential, 1 bedrooms & bedsitters after getting approvals for change of user. I believe the mix will mitigate any risks [tenancy uptake] between the 2 categories. Am i on track here? Shukrani sana wote!
amorphous
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:31:58 AM

Moorings wrote:
Great Wazua people, am humbled from your input in support or otherwise - its has been much appreciated. Asante!
I now embark to do a mixed use - 2 levels of retail/commercial and 2 levels of residential, 1 bedrooms & bedsitters after getting approvals for change of user. I believe the mix will mitigate any risks [tenancy uptake] between the 2 categories. Am i on track here? Shukrani sana wote!

All the best, brother. Applause Applause Applause
nairobby
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:37:12 AM

Moorings wrote:

I would stick to commercial only on the ground level and make the rest residential units
sparkly
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:59:06 AM

amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:

@ Moorings,

Without amorphous, your life is zero. Just admit it. You tried to do things on your own for only two weeks and look where that took you Laughing out loudly . If I were you I would be doing the same thing (latching onto amorphous for dear life!) so I dont blame you oo Drool

So umesema nini hapo? It is not relevant to the current discussion.