wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Kihingo Village house, is it worth it?
amorphous
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 7:31:48 AM

165 Metre

Yes Kitusuru land is expensive, we get that, but still, for 0.5 acres and that price, I would have expected way more better aesthetics and finishings inside.

Quarry tiles in the bathroom and kawaida kawaida bathtubs? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly The real genius is the guy who sold these properties to whoever bought them Applause smile

Age and family mellows us all over time
sparkly
#2 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 10:25:59 AM

amorphous wrote:
165 Metre

Yes Kitusuru land is expensive, we get that, but still, for 0.5 acres and that price, I would have expected way more better aesthetics and finishings inside.

Quarry tiles in the bathroom and kawaida kawaida bathtubs? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly The real genius is the guy who sold these properties to whoever bought them Applause smile

Lanes, Lanes, Lanes ... Green Lanes versus Dusty Lanes.
Life is short. Live passionately.
amorphous
#3 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 10:40:06 AM

Sparkles,
Just when we thought there was hope for you and your posts yet, umerudi to your old self so soon? Laughing out loudly
I agree on lanes, which of the two do you belong to? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
sqft
#4 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 1:00:50 PM

I think we are doomed as Kenyans coz our real estate is very overpriced.

This is what Ksh 25m (4.1m Rand) gets you in Sandton, the "upmarket-test" area of Johannesburg, South Africa. In Kenya, 25m will only get you a tiny apartment in lavington.

https://www.property24.c.../gauteng/5248/108733110

Ksh 23m (3.7m Rand) gets you this also in Johannesburg.

https://www.property24.c.../gauteng/5317/108736344

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
quicksand
#5 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 1:02:44 PM

Not worth it. 165mb is serious money. From where I am sitting, it looks like a mountain of capital sitting "idle". There are more efficient ways of living in an upscale location and luxurious house. For instance (assuming a cash purchase) if that cash is invested for a conservative return of 5%pa, it would earn approximately 687,000 per month. That's enough cash to perpetually lease a house better than the one featured here. With a good and aggressive investment the potential is much higher, 3 to 5m. Why would you want to leave that money on the table?
It might make sense if you are a drug dealer, money launderer, or tenderpreneur....pesa haina uchungu. Or you have banked billions already.

Caveat: Not much rigour was put into the figures quoted.
quicksand
#6 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 1:09:12 PM

sqft wrote:

This is what Ksh 25m (4.1m Rand) gets you in Sandton, the "upmarket-test" area of Johannesburg, South Africa. In Kenya, 25m will only get you a tiny apartment in lavington.

This makes me depressed.
I gave up. The only option that wont leave you with crippling debt is building. Build your own house, spare some money to invest and live well.
sqft
#7 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 1:28:07 PM

quicksand wrote:
sqft wrote:

This makes me depressed.
I gave up. The only option that wont leave you with crippling debt is building. Build your own house, spare some money to invest and live well.

This is where @amorphous is right. You can get a 1/4 acre plot hapo milimani or chuna, kitengela and build a similar house at 10m. At the end of the day we live in a house, not a neighbourhood. One thing I like about mzungus is that they build nice houses in whatever areas or bushes they go to - naivasha, isinya, Diani, nanyuki etc. We can also build a nice house wherever we want including ushago.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#8 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 3:24:36 PM

sqft wrote:

Ksh 23m (3.7m Rand) gets you this also in Johannesburg.

https://www.property24.c.../gauteng/5317/108736344

You are right in the SA-Kenya comparison. Perhaps because SA is a mature economy (now on decline) with structural problems vs Kenya? Mature economies with structural problems always seem to have these type of real estate issues. The SA rainbow nation experiment has clearly flopped, as shown by the emergence of groups like EFF which want economic freedom in their lifetime through forced nationalisation of the mines and banks and Zimbabwe style land grabs by bleks from the mlungus (their term for mzungus). This makes investing here a very iffy affair hence the mass exodus of the mlungus from there to Australia, UK, Italy and so on to escape the coming racial armageddon there.
They leave behind mansions nobody can afford and the market for those mansions drops like a stone.

Same thing in USA. Another mature economy with structural problems (a fed gone amok, crumbling infastructure that will never be fixed given the national debt, stone age rail system, vicious gang infested ghettos, drugs problem across the board from rich to poor, racial problems, white flight from anywhere bleks and other minorites live, native americans yet to survive from genocide at the country's independence and so on. Same problem with real estate hapo. The huge mansions left behind by the fleeing wealthy in all major cities drop in price like a stone. This is why you can get a 5 room dilapidated mansion in Detroit's gutted streets for a whopping 1 dollar, yes that is dollar moja tu.

In Kenya we experienced it to a degree at independence. The fleeing beberus who could not stomach the prospect of blek rule caused a collapse in the land and housing price market. The bleks who did not share in their pessimism took advantage to buy up huge tracts and today they are all billionaires. This is the fundamental difference with Kenya and hence the prices that never come down...those who live in the country, own the majority of the land and property and control the levers of power have huge confidence in ther country and never want to leave any time soon. Not only that, almost all of their wealth is held without debt attached to it. This stability is priceless! Only a minority countries share in the same. Australia is an example, New Zealand another. Hong Kong (before the riots) was another, Singapore ni kengine, and many more. In all these countries the real estate boom can go to the skies and never come down because the core owners aint goin nowhere no time soon.

For me I celebrate these high prices in Kiinya, and Nairobi Metro (DC inclusive of course) in particular which is like heaven for majority of the middle classes in East and Central and parts of West Africa. You should hear the Naijos from Lagos ooh and aah about how beautiful and posh Nairobi is. Kiir, Garang's family (Mabior garang, now in the cabinet, is more at home in Kenya than in crumbling Juba), half of the South Sudan cabinet, Museveni, Kagame, Kikwete, the entire somali cabinet, the Zambian upper class and the majority of the elite and upper middle class in the region all have mansions and have invested heavily in Nairobi Laughing out loudly. That should tell us something. Kenya forever!

Jon Jones
#9 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 3:28:26 PM

It is better to rent than to buy. Rent that mansion and use that 165 million to build multifamily property e.g flats.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
amorphous
#10 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 3:30:54 PM

quicksand wrote:
Not worth it. 165mb is serious money. From where I am sitting, it looks like a mountain of capital sitting "idle". There are more efficient ways of living in an upscale location and luxurious house. For instance (assuming a cash purchase) if that cash is invested for a conservative return of 5%pa, it would earn approximately 687,000 per month. That's enough cash to perpetually lease a house better than the one featured here. With a good and aggressive investment the potential is much higher, 3 to 5m. Why would you want to leave that money on the table?
It might make sense if you are a drug dealer, money launderer, or tenderpreneur....pesa haina uchungu. Or you have banked billions already.

You make plenty sense.

For me I would configure that 165 metre differently.
1.65 metre into a 100 acre DC ranch deep in the boonies with palatial mansion with all the amenities including a 10 acre man made lake to grow crocodiles in, for boating and to do viscious bellyflops for the heck of it.
2. 99,990,000 kshs on solid reliable investments that return me that 100m plus hefty interests accumulated along the way guaranteed.
3. 10k PESA TASLIMU to play around with crumbling penny hisa on nse alongside kina VVS Laughing out loudly
amorphous
#11 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 3:32:27 PM

sqft wrote:
quicksand wrote:
sqft wrote:

This makes me depressed.

This is where @amorphous is right. You can get a 1/4 acre plot hapo milimani or chuna, kitengela and build a similar house at 10m. At the end of the day we live in a house, not a neighbourhood. One thing I like about mzungus is that they build nice houses in whatever areas or bushes they go to - naivasha, isinya, Diani, nanyuki etc. We can also build a nice house wherever we want including ushago.

Exactemente. More for way less with more space and amenities. This is a no brainer for the wise and something that does not make sense for their opposite.
Jon Jones
#12 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 3:52:42 PM

Once you realize that you will need money to the last day you draw breath on this earth, then you won't waste it on such a dead asset. Not at that price anyway. Anyone paying 165 mike clearly doesn't value his money.

This house probably rents for 500k. 165mil will give you at least 1.65 million in rent every month in the worst case scenario. If you feel that you must live at Kihingo, why not rent and use the 1.15 million extra for other projects.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
wukan
#13 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 3:57:59 PM

amorphous wrote:

You are right in the SA-Kenya comparison. Perhaps because SA is a mature economy (now on decline) with structural problems vs Kenya? Mature economies with structural problems always seem to have these type of real estate issues. The SA rainbow nation experiment has clearly flopped, as shown by the emergence of groups like EFF which want economic freedom in their lifetime through forced nationalisation of the mines and banks and Zimbabwe style land grabs by bleks from the mlungus (their term for mzungus). This makes investing here a very iffy affair hence the mass exodus of the mlungus from there to Australia, UK, Italy and so on to escape the coming racial armageddon there.
They leave behind mansions nobody can afford and the market for those mansions drops like a stone.

Same thing in USA. Another mature economy with structural problems (a fed gone amok, crumbling infastructure that will never be fixed given the national debt, stone age rail system, vicious gang infested ghettos, drugs problem across the board from rich to poor, racial problems, white flight from anywhere bleks and other minorites live, native americans yet to survive from genocide at the country's independence and so on. Same problem with real estate hapo. The huge mansions left behind by the fleeing wealthy in all major cities drop in price like a stone. This is why you can get a 5 room dilapidated mansion in Detroit's gutted streets for a whopping 1 dollar, yes that is dollar moja tu.

In Kenya we experienced it to a degree at independence. The fleeing beberus who could not stomach the prospect of blek rule caused a collapse in the land and housing price market. The bleks who did not share in their pessimism took advantage to buy up huge tracts and today they are all billionaires. This is the fundamental difference with Kenya and hence the prices that never come down...those who live in the country, own the majority of the land and property and control the levers of power have huge confidence in ther country and never want to leave any time soon. Not only that, almost all of their wealth is held without debt attached to it. This stability is priceless! Only a minority countries share in the same. Australia is an example, New Zealand another. Hong Kong (before the riots) was another, Singapore ni kengine, and many more. In all these countries the real estate boom can go to the skies and never come down because the core owners aint goin nowhere no time soon.

For me I celebrate these high prices in Kiinya, and Nairobi Metro (DC inclusive of course) in particular which is like heaven for majority of the middle classes in East and Central and parts of West Africa. You should hear the Naijos from Lagos ooh and aah about how beautiful and posh Nairobi is. Kiir, Garang's family (Mabior garang, now in the cabinet, is more at home in Kenya than in crumbling Juba), half of the South Sudan cabinet, Museveni, Kagame, Kikwete, the entire somali cabinet, the Zambian upper class and the majority of the elite and upper middle class in the region all have mansions and have invested heavily in Nairobi Laughing out loudly. That should tell us something. Kenya forever!

Eeh boss pewa Tarino nitalipaApplause Applause

People don't get it that around independence these buroti maguta maguta around Nairobi were going for a song. The people who held them for those 50+ yrs are now enjoying fruits of independence.
sparkly
#14 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 4:24:24 PM

amorphous wrote:
quicksand wrote:

You make plenty sense.

For me I would configure that 165 metre differently.
1.65 metre into a 100 acre DC ranch deep in the boonies with palatial mansion with all the amenities including a 10 acre man made lake to grow crocodiles in, for boating and to do viscious bellyflops for the heck of it.
2. 99,990,000 kshs on solid reliable investments that return me that 100m plus hefty interests accumulated along the way guaranteed.
3. 10k PESA TASLIMU to play around with crumbling penny hisa on nse alongside kina VVS Laughing out loudly

Which investments na wewe ni mtu wa DC plots tu?
amorphous
#15 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 4:41:22 PM

sparkly wrote:

Wouldn't you like to know Laughing out loudly
Stick to hisa crumbs and trying to unload your Yukos 1/8th for 5 years unsuccessfully smile
sparkly
#16 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 6:03:08 PM

amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Stick to hisa crumbs and trying to unload your Yukos 1/8th for 5 years unsuccessfully smile

Every forum has an idiot. I am not saying that you are the wazua idiot.
amorphous
#17 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 6:19:26 PM

sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Sparkles wa Rodi Kopany Village wrote:
I wish I had the energy to engage you but I don't. Continue with your infantile rants.

You should heed your OWN WORDS more often Laughing out loudly
Now go to back to the "QUSETIONS (sic) ABOUT MUGUNDAMAN" thread and sing his praises to the skies about how much you aspire to be him when you grow up and reach maturity in about 20 years timeLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#18 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 9:08:04 PM

amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Sparkles wa Rodi Kopany Village wrote:
I wish I had the energy to engage you but I don't. Continue with your infantile rants.

You should heed your OWN WORDS more often Laughing out loudly
Now go to back to the "QUSETIONS (sic) ABOUT MUGUNDAMAN" thread and sing his praises to the skies about how much you aspire to be him when you grow up and reach maturity in about 20 years timeLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I try to be objective lakini uko na ufala sana Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
chiaroscuro
#19 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 10:14:59 AM

Kihingo iko karibu na Migingo?
Kusadikika
#20 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 9:43:47 PM

@ Mugundaman, I really like your passion on land. There is something that has always intrigued me. Can you investigate and explain the astronomical land prices around Tigoni? There must be some super land rich debt free billionares who live around there. Prices do not move and there is almost no supply.