wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Safaricom CEO Peter Ndegwa
Angelica _ann
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 10:26:30 AM

Safaricom CEO Peter Ndegwa starts is job today on 1st April 2020. Karibu sana.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Coolbull
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 8:10:39 AM

British citizen Peter Ndegwa starts work today having being appointed by British company Vodaphoneyyy.

Ndegwa moved from British beer maker Diageo, following successful annihilation of Keroche....
ZZE123
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 6:45:46 PM

Coolbull wrote:
British citizen Peter Ndegwa starts work today having being appointed by British company Vodaphoneyyy.

Ndegwa moved from British beer maker Diageo, following successful annihilation of Keroche....

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Swenani
#4 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 10:02:13 AM

Coolbull wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Queen
#5 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 11:35:17 AM

Swenani wrote:
Coolbull wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

....and this British citizen was interviewed by citizentv last night and he stated that the cost of data bundles was revised downwards since the onset of corona. How do you start your first TV interview with lies? Who does that?
T-Bag
#6 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 4:41:39 PM

I have bad first impressions about this guy....can’t feel his charisma and/or razzmatazz. Apart from Senator Keg how has this guy touched wanjiku.
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
murchr
#7 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 4:50:28 PM

19 days and 1 interview and Wazuans have already judged the fella.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#8 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 5:18:54 PM

murchr wrote:

On pricing of data, he lied through and through something Bob never used to do. Go watch please.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
aemathenge
#9 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 5:23:39 PM

murchr wrote:

This one was judged on the day he was named (proposed).
Queen
#10 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 8:20:28 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

On pricing of data, he lied through and through something Bob never used to do. Go watch please.

That was very unwise of him to tell such an obvious and verifiable lie on TV. If he was hell bent on telling a "lie" he should have said "we are considering lowering data charges". When all is said and done, the guy did not inspire confidence at all.

Maybe he is telling such lies because his tenure started on 1st April.... a day earmarked for telling lies!
murchr
#11 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 9:09:37 PM

Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

That was very unwise of him to tell such an obvious and verifiable lie on TV. If he was hell bent on telling a "lie" he should have said "we are considering lowering data charges". When all is said and done, the guy did not inspire confidence at all.

Maybe he is telling such lies because his tenure started on 1st April.... a day earmarked for telling lies!

You can go ahead and sell your Safaricom shares iwache kuwasumbua hivi. I didn't watch the interview but I dont think the dude is in a position yet to talk about the operations of the company. He should have focussed on what he's to bring on the table.

I also do not intend to watch the interview anyway
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#12 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 9:14:51 PM

murchr wrote:
Queen wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

You can go ahead and sell your Safaricom shares iwache kuwasumbua hivi. I didn't watch the interview but I dont think the dude is in a position yet to talk about the operations of the company. He should have focussed on what he's to bring on the table.

I also do not intend to watch the interview anyway

Why the bile bro?
mpobiz
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 12:11:19 AM

I see a lot of exitement on his appointment. Everybody willing to give this man a chance and wanting this man to succeed.
What we are forgetting is that he is also a product of the handshake. Nobody in the opposition is willing to kupayuka their usual tribal diatribe on his appointment.
A lot of things are happening even appointments and everyone seems to be okey.
The prezzo is a genius.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Angelica _ann
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 12:15:06 AM

mpobiz wrote:
I see a lot of exitement on his appointment. Everybody willing to give this man a chance and wanting this man to succeed.
What we are forgetting is that he is also a product of the handshake. Nobody in the opposition is willing to kupayuka their usual tribal diatribe on his appointment.
A lot of things are happening even appointments and everyone seems to be okey.
The prezzo is a genius.

Opposition is in the hands of tangatanga!!! smile
Kusadikika
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:39:18 AM

T-Bag wrote:
I have bad first impressions about this guy....can’t feel his charisma and/or razzmatazz. Apart from Senator Keg how has this guy touched wanjiku.

Me too. I don't like the bootlicking of government. He mentioned government as many times as he mentioned customers. He mentioned Kenyans too many times which makes him sound like a politician. He never once mentioned shareholders, the health of the business or the staff.... sorry he mentioned the staff in passing towards the end. I also noted that he is a short man and he also mentioned that he is humble, that is a contradiction in my humble opinionsmile .

This man is going to be heading the only company in Kenya that is making money while everyone else is making losses. He was of course brought there by government while that same government is broke.

I hope he does well lakini kusema ukweli ako na kazi ngumu.
NewMoney
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:56:47 AM

Vodacom definitely had a big say in his appointment and must have properly vetted him so at least everything is not in the hands of our incompetent government. I will judge him according to the performance of Safaricom over the next 3 years and above, not based on some TV interviews. Seems like some people here wanted the CEO to be some politician who knows exactly what to say to entertain them.
Ericsson
#17 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 10:31:48 AM

Cold War Brewing at Safaricom as Top Managers Reject and Isolate new boss - https://kenyanreport.com...ct-and-isolate-new-boss/
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#18 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 11:01:01 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
T-Bag wrote:

Me too. I don't like the bootlicking of government. He mentioned government as many times as he mentioned customers. He mentioned Kenyans too many times which makes him sound like a politician. He never once mentioned shareholders, the health of the business or the staff.... sorry he mentioned the staff in passing towards the end. I also noted that he is a short man and he also mentioned that he is humble, that is a contradiction in my humble opinionsmile .

This man is going to be heading the only company in Kenya that is making money while everyone else is making losses. He was of course brought there by government while that same government is broke.

I hope he does well lakini kusema ukweli ako na kazi ngumu.

Short men cannot be humble? Hehehe. Aki wazua

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
FRM2011
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 11:10:45 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Cold War Brewing at Safaricom as Top Managers Reject and Isolate new boss - https://kenyanreport.com...t-and-isolate-new-boss/

Posting the link of a shady website mostly run by an idle guy from a bedsitter in Zimmerman is lowering the stature of wazua and elevating the fake news website.

Anyone who has worked in Kenya's corporate world knows this story can never be true.

The moment you get into senior management, the first lesson you learn quickly is that your skills and intelligence count for nothing. The keyword is LOYALTY. Those who master it survive, those who don't are kicked out.

At safaricom, Peter Arina was the running the show even before Bob collymore showed up. He was kicked out and replaced by his juniors.

By now, everyone at safaricom senior management knows the guy's birthday, his wife and kids' names and their birthdays as well. They know if he drinks and his favourite wine/whisky and he must be getting overwhelmed by the gifts.
Angelica _ann
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 11:49:58 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Cold War Brewing at Safaricom as Top Managers Reject and Isolate new boss - https://kenyanreport.com...t-and-isolate-new-boss/

Posting the link of a shady website mostly run by an idle guy from a bedsitter in Zimmerman is lowering the stature of wazua and elevating the fake news website.

Anyone who has worked in Kenya's corporate world knows this story can never be true.

The moment you get into senior management, the first lesson you learn quickly is that your skills and intelligence count for nothing. The keyword is LOYALTY. Those who master it survive, those who don't are kicked out.

At safaricom, Peter Arina was the running the show even before Bob collymore showed up. He was kicked out and replaced by his juniors.

By now, everyone at safaricom senior management knows the guy's birthday, his wife and kids' names and their birthdays as well. They know if he drinks and his favourite wine/whisky and he must be getting overwhelmed by the gifts.

This is crap - speculation laced with propaganda. Why cant they even give a guy one year to work, these bloggers. They dont know failure of Safaricom is not Ndewga's failure but the economy at large. Bure!!!!!