wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Actionable Intelligence
sparkly
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 8:52:12 AM

The Opportunity - In the coming days, the markets will trade sideways for the next 6-12 months. There are good opportunities for technical trades to make good money on the market swings.

The Idea - Create a team (Say "Actionable Intelligence Club")to analyse trading opportunities at the NSE.

Monetize the Trading Intelligence - The information produced by the team be used by team members for their own trading. Sell the reports to third parties to compensate team members for the effort spent on research.

How - Create a Whatsapp group for members willing to join the "Actionable Intelligence Club" as producers or consumers of trading intelligence.

Those willing to join the group can use this link - Actionable Intelligence Whatsapp Group

P.S. I have shared my technical analysis of 16 stocks as at 27 March 2020 on the group.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Jon Jones
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 10:01:32 AM

sparkly wrote:
The Opportunity - In the coming days, the markets will trade sideways for the next 6-12 months. There are good opportunities for technical trades to make good money on the market swings.

The Idea - Create a team (Say "Actionable Intelligence Club")to analyse trading opportunities at the NSE.

Monetize the Trading Intelligence - The information produced by the team be used by team members for their own trading. Sell the reports to third parties to compensate team members for the effort spent on research.

How - Create a Whatsapp group for members willing to join the "Actionable Intelligence Club" as producers or consumers of trading intelligence.

Those willing to join the group can use this link - Actionable Intelligence Whatsapp Group

P.S. I have shared my technical analysis of 16 stocks as at 27 March 2020 on the group.

Technical analysis does not work for stocks. The same way fundamental analysis doesn't work for commodities and forex trading.
Stocks = Fundamental Analysis
Commodities, Forex, Bitcoin etc = Technical Analysis
Thank me later. Otherwise you will keep getting mixed results.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
sparkly
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 10:11:50 AM

Jon Jones wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Technical analysis does not work for stocks. The same way fundamental analysis doesn't work for commodities and forex trading.

Fundamental Analysis tells you what stocks to buy or sell. Technical Analysis tells you when to buy or sell.
VituVingiSana
#4 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 2:43:59 AM

sparkly wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Fundamental Analysis tells you what stocks to buy or sell. Technical Analysis tells you when to buy or sell.

Buffett has said he “realised that technical analysis didn’t work when I turned the chart upside down and didn’t get a different answer”. To Lynch, charts “are great for predicting the past”. https://www.irishtimes.c...analysis-work-1.3148453

Baba!
Give me a sign.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#5 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 11:52:46 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Buffett has said he “realised that technical analysis didn’t work when I turned the chart upside down and didn’t get a different answer”. To Lynch, charts “are great for predicting the past”. https://www.irishtimes.c...analysis-work-1.3148453

Baba!
Give me a sign.

From the same article:

Though technical analysis is usually associated with shorter time frames, some long-term investors who eschew speculative activity use technical analysis to supplement their fundamental investment theses. Rory Gillen, co-founder of Dublin-based Merrion Capital and now running GillenMarkets.com, has argued that technical analysis helps assess market psychology and that some medium-term technical indicators are “useful tools in the investment bag”.
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 12:02:09 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Baba!
Give me a sign.

From the same article:

Though technical analysis is usually associated with shorter time frames, some long-term investors who eschew speculative activity use technical analysis to supplement their fundamental investment theses. Rory Gillen, co-founder of Dublin-based Merrion Capital and now running GillenMarkets.com, has argued that technical analysis helps assess market psychology and that some medium-term technical indicators are “useful tools in the investment bag”.
Do you have Gillen's performance record over a 10 year period?
What's Gillen's primary business?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#7 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 12:20:30 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Baba!
Give me a sign.

From the same article:

Do you have Gillen's performance record over a 10 year period?
What's Gillen's primary business?

Quoting further from the same article....

Though a “fundamentally-oriented person”, Josh Brown of Ritholtz Wealth Management “can’t imagine doing without charts in some way, shape or form”. Similarly, legendary investor Anthony Bolton, often dubbed Britain’s answer to Warren Buffett, says combining fundamental analysis with chart analysis is better than using fundamental analysis on its own.

“If I were on a desert island and allowed just one investment tool,” Bolton once said, “it would be the chart.”
obiero
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 5:48:19 AM

Post 2022 shall be the recovery year. For now, blood will be in the streets including financial services at the NSE

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 9:00:44 AM

obiero wrote:
Post 2022 shall be the recovery year. For now, blood will be in the streets including financial services at the NSE

2022 is an election year @Obiero.
sparkly
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 9:08:20 AM

I will be updating my analysis with data as at 3 April 2020. Let me know which stocks you would like covered.
obiero
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 10:35:18 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Post 2020, when Raila marches into State House

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Angelica _ann
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 10:38:32 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 7:29:26 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Raila is not a fit candidate to turn things around for the economy
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
xtina
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 2:45:17 PM

sparkly wrote:
I will be updating my analysis with data as at 3 April 2020. Let me know which stocks you would like covered.

Banks (I&M, NCBA, Equity) Centum and Longhorn.