wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Motor Vehicle Transfer Help
kuku3
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 12:52:45 PM

I sold a car about 7yrs ago but the new owner never transferred. He even resold. The vehicle still shows up on my TIMS profile. Can he get me into problems? What steps can be taken in such a situation?
... a fool and his money are soon parted...
sparkly
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:15:11 PM

kuku3 wrote:
I sold a car about 7yrs ago but the new owner never transferred. He even resold. The vehicle still shows up on my TIMS profile. Can he get me into problems? What steps can be taken in such a situation?

Report it as stolen and the new owners will come knocking at your door.
Life is short. Live passionately.
KulaRaha
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 2:24:52 PM

sparkly wrote:
kuku3 wrote:

Report it as stolen and the new owners will come knocking at your door.

I have a similar issue, reporting as stolen wont help as cops rarely find stolen cars.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
kaka2za
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 4:11:53 PM

kuku3 wrote:

His problem not yours.
7yrs ago...the vehicle could be lying in scrap yard somewhere!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Gathige
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 4:54:48 PM

kuku3 wrote:

To cover your self in case of any eventuality, esp those that may have a criminal angle

I. Write a letter in duplicate and address it to the NTSA Director General or whoever the boss is detailing you sold the car.

2. Hand deliver the letters to NTSA HQ and have it acknowledged as received, and keep your copy. Then take it easy and rest

That way, whatever happens to the car while in the name of the "new owner" becomes his problem
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Uhondo
#6 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2020 2:22:04 AM

I think that provided one has a sale agreement and transfer of ownership form validly filled out and signed it is not an issue. The onus is on the buyer to complete the steps at KRA (at least that's how it was done 7 years ago). But the suggestion above wouldn't hurt.
kaka2za
#7 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2020 9:38:28 AM

Gathige wrote:
kuku3 wrote:

To cover your self in case of any eventuality, esp those that may have a criminal angle

I. Write a letter in duplicate and address it to the NTSA Director General or whoever the boss is detailing you sold the car.

2. Hand deliver the letters to NTSA HQ and have it acknowledged as received, and keep your copy. Then take it easy and rest

That way, whatever happens to the car while in the name of the "new owner" becomes his problem

Can't trust those guys at Upperhill.
They would proceed and register the vehicle to Echesa
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Angelica _ann
#8 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2020 9:54:45 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Gathige wrote:
kuku3 wrote:

true. Those are the type of number plates they are looking for. Generally Kenya is a doomed society.
Can't trust those guys at Upperhill.
They would proceed and register the vehicle to Echesa

In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kuku3
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 3:25:19 PM

Gathige wrote:
kuku3 wrote:

The matter now rests with NTSA after the letter was delivered earlier today.
Thanks everyone for your insights!
... a fool and his money are soon parted...