6 Pages«<456
EABL half year 2019/2020 results
littledove
#101 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2022 7:53:18 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Neither the EABL share nor the bond interest me. They are both expensive for what they offer and better deals can be found elsewhere. Fancy paying PE 30 for a low growth company? EABL is past its prime, in its hey day it was the Safaricom of the NSE. I have a few EABL shares that I bought for Kes144 per share in 2008!!!! Today at Kes 160 per share (13 years later) they have risen by 14.5% total ;)
192/- offered by EABL payable after 17 Feb 2023.

Massive share price gain today

Which has since died out.
February 2023 is a long time to sustain a rally

EABL traded at 150 yesterday, i think that a good buy
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
the deal
#102 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2022 12:41:18 AM

Good to see Wazua is still going strong despite the bear market...I have a new blog...read my thoughts on this Diageo EABL open tender offer here https://davismika.substa...reweries-limited-diageo

Dont forget to subscribe to get the posts in your mail box when they drop!Applause Applause Applause
VituVingiSana
#103 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2022 9:40:41 PM

littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
Neither the EABL share nor the bond interest me. They are both expensive for what they offer and better deals can be found elsewhere. Fancy paying PE 30 for a low growth company? EABL is past its prime, in its hey day it was the Safaricom of the NSE. I have a few EABL shares that I bought for Kes144 per share in 2008!!!! Today at Kes 160 per share (13 years later) they have risen by 14.5% total ;)

Yes, but a few shares and then the price rose! Too bad I missed them. Still a good buy at 165
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#104 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 7:08:47 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

Yes, but a few shares and then the price rose! Too bad I missed them. Still a good buy at 165

It will soon fall back to those levels.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
xtina
#105 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2023 2:04:48 PM

EABL peeps, it is your time to eat. Are you planning to sell your shares? Why? Why not? What happens if people refuse to sell to Diageo?

Early bidders to get priority as Diageo buys EABL shares
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 07 2023

British multinational Diageo will give EABL shareholders who were on the brewer’s books by January 16 and early bidders the first priority in its plan to purchase an additional 14.97 percent stake in the local subsidiary.

The priority treatment will kick in if there is an oversubscription in the offer, which opened on Monday to run until March 17, with a pool of 47.5 million shares designated towards a guaranteed allocation of up to 10,000 shares for all bidders in the first phase of the sale.

In the second phase, which runs between February 27 and March 17, an additional 55 million shares will be used to satisfy bidders who missed out on their full allocation in the first phase, with the balance being to cover the remaining bids.

Diageo is buying an additional 118.4 million shares in EABL at a price of Sh192 per unit, with the offer open to all holders of unencumbered shares of the brewer.

“In the event that the tender offer is oversubscribed, and the guaranteed allocation pool is insufficient to satisfy each accepting shareholder’s first 10,000 ordinary shares, then preference to the guaranteed allocation pool will be given to shareholders appearing on the register on the record date, whether or not such shareholder is an early acceptance shareholder or a final acceptance shareholder,” said Diageo in the tender document.

EABL profit flat at Sh8.7bn as costs rise
“Of the remaining 70.89 million ordinary shares that are the subject of the tender offer, up to 55 million shares will be designated the 'early acceptance pool' to be allocated in priority to early acceptance shareholders.”

The move by the company to prioritise early bidders is meant to encourage uptake of the offer, and also reward existing shareholders who now stand the chance to make a significant capital gain on their stock.

The Sh192 offer price represents a premium of 39 percent on EABL’s share price of Sh138 on the last day of trading before Diageo disclosed its offer on October 14, 2022.

Read: Why Diageo is raising its EABL stake

In the subsequent three-and-a-half months, the share has appreciated in price to close at Sh177.25 on Monday.

“The early acceptance shareholders will enjoy the benefit of having their shares included in the larger pool allocated for the first closing, and should the tender offer be oversubscribed, be likely to be able to sell a greater proportion of their shares than those shareholders who only apply later before the second closing,” said Diageo.

Diageo added that those making offers to sell their shares will remain eligible for EABL’s interim dividend of Sh3.75 per share for the half year ended December, so long as they are on the brewer’s books by the register closure date of February 16.

This is because the settlement and transfer of the sold shares will be done in April.
VituVingiSana
#106 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2023 9:25:21 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

I do not care as long as what I have bought at 165-170 is taken by Daigeo at 192. And I will get 3.50 ya kutoa.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
My 2 cents
#107 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2023 4:29:01 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

I do not care as long as what I have bought at 165-170 is taken by Daigeo at 192. And I will get 3.50 ya kutoa.

Those shares are worth more than 192, hence the tender offer by EABL. Hang on to them.
VituVingiSana
#108 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2023 2:55:42 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

Those shares are worth more than 192, hence the tender offer by EABL. Hang on to them.
Wacha wanunue at 192, I can always replace them later smile
I mean... they are still available at 180 (even after discounting time value) when we know Diageo will pay 192
jgithige
#109 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2023 10:24:13 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

Wacha wanunue at 192, I can always replace them later smile
I mean... they are still available at 180 (even after discounting time value) when we know Diageo will pay 192

https://twitter.com/i/status/1623588684611129344
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
mwanahisa
#110 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 9:59:17 AM

Kindly note that the NSE has halted trading on the normal and odd lots boards to allow for the block trade execution. So far 113M shares have been traded (transferred) at a price of Kshs 192 in 1,028 deals for a total value of Kshs 21.7 B. I believe this is the DIAGEO tender offer being concluded.
littledove
#111 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 10:40:58 AM

mwanahisa wrote:
Kindly note that the NSE has halted trading on the normal and odd lots boards to allow for the block trade execution. So far 113M shares have been traded (transferred) at a price of Kshs 192 in 1,028 deals for a total value of Kshs 21.7 B. I believe this is the DIAGEO tender offer being concluded.

currently 117m 1628 deals, did they decide to take more than they had offered? if that the case the better
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
cnn
#112 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 12:05:02 PM

mwanahisa wrote:

Just got a message from Image registrars ,87% of the shares i had offered have been taken up,a 20% return not bad in the current market .
cnn
#113 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 1:17:15 PM

cnn wrote:
mwanahisa wrote:

Just got a message from Image registrars ,87% of the shares i had offered have been taken up,a 20% return not bad in the current market .

Diageo intends to start making payments this week,once shares are in their cds account.
littledove
#114 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 1:00:37 PM

cnn wrote:
cnn wrote:
mwanahisa wrote:

Diageo intends to start making payments this week,once shares are in their cds account.

i love the way the process is moving, shares already debited, balance 520 shares hopefully we will receive our money this week
mwanahisa
#115 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 1:22:36 PM

littledove wrote:
cnn wrote:
cnn wrote:
mwanahisa wrote:

i love the way the process is moving, shares already debited, balance 520 shares hopefully we will receive our money this week

Yes indeed. Once I saw the transaction taking place, I wagered that the funds from the payments for the shares will find their way back to the market. I bought a chunk of KCB, Coop Bank and some Safcom shares in anticipation that the steep decline was going to be arrested by this influx of funds. I hope I will not come to regret jumping the gun.
My 2 cents
#116 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2023 12:50:29 AM

Alas the refunds were not quick enough to coincide with Safaricom @16.30
cnn
#117 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2023 1:15:04 PM

littledove wrote:
cnn wrote:
cnn wrote:
mwanahisa wrote:

Payment received.